Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 well, that was weird. - Minitokyo

well, that was weird.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

i work part time at an elementary school teaching kindergarten. part time because i'm going to school now, and because the school district that i teach at splits the children in that age group up so that one section goes one day and the other goes the next day. i teach the next day. any how. recently i had one of the little girls tell me something that i have been thinking about. before class she told me: "i just want to let you know, i will always love you."

it was really nice, but i was wondering. do you believe that at such an age someone can understand what love is? do we forget what love really is as we grow older, and at that age we truly know love? can love last forever? while one might quickly answerr, no one cannot love forever because one dies, does death cease love? i'm not asking what love is, but how does one love, and how does one know how to love or whether they are loving? does the little girl that told me this know what she means, or do i not know?

just something to think about. goodnight.

Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

It could mean a type of parental love, because love has so many context to it. That little girl might felt a sort of warm feeling toward you as this nice parental figure in her life. :) Another reason is just a crush, I believe at some point in anyone's young life, it is normal to find the little one having a crush on his/her teacher, because they are the symbol of what kindness and caring person that can make a huge impression on the little ones. :)

i should point out that when you evaluate her statement, you shouldn't judge it with your standard of meaning of love, because the understand and the emotion pull behind it is totally different between your version of love and this little girl's love. So just keep that in mind, love is a good emotion to share because it will give you this warm happiness, but there is so many faces to the emotion of love that one can't really know which kind of love will last forever. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

equinox01

equinox01

Lost In Darkness

I know that there are diffrent kinds of "love" really i think that you cant understand one kind until you have really felt that kind of love but just becuse you have not felt that kind of love doesnt mean that yo cannot understand a more complicated kind of love like when you try to understed when some one is telling you about how much they love their boyfriend or girlfriend

So yes I think someone of most any age could if they wanted to to understand love

Signature
I don' Like myself much
Shadow

Mishikaiya

Mishikaiya

The Black Goddess

She could have known what she was talking about, Or maybe not. It's hard to tell. Maybe there's lots of love in her life she understands it to some extent.

I believe that you can love at any age. Maybe later you'll realize that it wasn't true love or that it really was. I don't think death ceases love. Not everyone knows how to love. But hopefully they will experience at least at some point in there life. To never love or never be loved ever is probably the loneliest life.

I believe that if you truly love someone (this being in the romantic sense and sometimes in the parental and/or friendship sense) you will love them forever. Now to where it gets trickier in the romantic sense. Even if you move on and are dating someone else the feelings for your previous love(s) is still there. It doesn't mean that you're being unfaithful or anything. Just that you really did love the other. It's kinda complicated, I know. One of my closer friends is my ex and we both truly loved one another. That will always stay with us. But we've both moved way on.

I'm sorry to ramble. Lol.

"Hello world, suck the life from my voice and breathe it back into yourselves"

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

even if one does move on, gets over an event in ones life, the experience and the feelings felt and thoughts and memories are still carried in ones heart. that is what i believe is a whole heart. if i wasn't tired now and if i didn't have to get up to go to work tomorrow i would explain this further, but no more shall i type.

Signature

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.