Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are member losing faith in MiniTokyo? - Minitokyo

Are member losing faith in MiniTokyo?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Recently, afan decided to leave the MT community for his own reasons! Just now, Shadowdude is considering leaving as well! :( This thread goes to all the members who registered a year ago or more! I have to know, do you think MiniTokyo lost it's hi-quality flavor it had back when there wasn't an increase of leechers, ecchi, and bad quality wallpapers? Or have you lost faith in what MiniTokyo was really about (*a community where anime lovers share their art and designs all over the world and interact with different people making new friends*) and pondering about leaving for good as well! I'm not here to complain at all, I just want to read some of your thoughts on what I've wrote! Sorry for not being my whimsical self lately! :sweat:

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Naw its not like that. Some people just need to move on while others end up losing interest or prehaps something personal is keeping them from being online. Either or there comes a time in life where sometimes people have to move on.

After all, this is the internet and we all do have lives outside of the net, though it is rather sad to see these people go we must respect their decisions. It never hurts to try and convince them to stay by showing them how much we care and will miss them and if we can still keep in touch with them thats even better, but sometimes life demands greater attention offline and it can't be helped. Though its not really faith, after all, nothing golden can stay. Things eventually change no matter how much we try to keep them to stay the same, the best we can do is welcome that change as best as possible. Sadly.

It is really sad to see these people leaving and you really have a great idea here Star, I think this is something that should be considered overall cause it DOES seem like alot of people have been leaving. Though its just part of a forum =/ I've seen this happen alot so it really doesn't bother me, but it still is sad to see a good friend leave, espically if you don't keep in touch.

EDIT -

Quote by white-zero(me and S-dude deleted most of our
submission in the gallery by the way...)
So, yeah...

I'm actually very dissapointed to hear that, considering I haven't been able to catch up with my reviews I haven't been able to see the majority of both of your works. Though this is your decision, though I very sad to hear that, I respect both of your decisions to delete your work, though I feel bad cause I really wanted to see it and review it, but its your choice.

Signature Image

ded113

The Grunge Princess

Quote by CyanideBlizzardNaw its not like that. Some people just need to move on while others
end up losing interest or prehaps something personal is keeping them
from being online. Either or there comes a time in life where sometimes
people have to move on.
After all, this is the internet and we all do have lives outside of the
net, though it is rather sad to see these people go we must respect
their decisions. It never hurts to try and convince them to stay by
showing them how much we care and will miss them and if we can still
keep in touch with them thats even better, but sometimes life demands
greater attention offline and it can't be helped. Though its not really
faith, after all, nothing golden can stay. Things eventually change no
matter how much we try to keep them to stay the same, the best we can
do is welcome that change as best as possible. Sadly.
It is really sad to see these people leaving and you really have a
great idea here Star, I think this is something that should be
considered overall cause it DOES seem like alot of people have been
leaving. Though its just part of a forum =/ I've seen this happen alot
so it really doesn't bother me, but it still is sad to see a good
friend leave, espically if you don't keep in touch.

Well when CY right, he's right. It's the member's free will and choice to do with their future. Sadly some choices sometimes disapoint others. But people can except them.

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Meh. This things happen. I left the old AO a while back and just as soon as I did that, it went down crashing. (Abandon ship, anyone?)

Anyways, we need a break once in a while and of course a few issues about this community made us do so (me and S-dude deleted most of our submission in the gallery by the way...)

So, yeah...

LucyMizuno

LucyMizuno

~*Mizuno*~

I don't know, but I agree with CyanideBlizzard, it is sad but all we can do is understand that who leave and welcome the newbies XD hoho

Signature
.:*Now I'm fReE*:.

Bisuketto

Bisuketto

"Conversational Fountain"

anecdote....
I had this decision in real life. I was in a club (like a scout pack, only concering police) for 3 years and the top brass was caught up in something and was forced to leave. Many knew that this would ruin the club, the senior members left and a new leader was elected. I was the only senior member left, it did go downhill however I chose to stay and maybe help pick up the pieces.
end of anecdote

Anyway, I havent been with mt when it was apparently good and proper, but it doesnt seem too bad. I dont think that ecchi is the problem, sure it promotes leeching, however the good and proper place, the forums is quite clean. This is the heart of mt, the gallery is just a addon where you can submit your art and have a talk about it.
Unless you have a facist signup proceedure you cant limit the members to that of who you want. There have been some 'senior' contributors leaving lately... resignation isnt the key, they should help the moderators keep control, however as mentioned it is their choice... if you have lost spirit in something you may as well hang up the mouse :p or sit back and hope it will sort it self out.

To answer the thread question, it is obvious that members are... AO went bad XD I did the same as white zero. I came to mt as a new beginning, and it isnt too bad. I like the forums the threads I participate in are intellegent and worth ranting about. But hey, there should be an elliot ness who finds the reason for all this controversy reguarding mt, and when it is found clense the situation. ecchi, bad wps may not be the problem. leeches only take up bandwith, their opinions are seldom taken to the forums. I dont understand... is mt just about the gallery? because I thought that the forum was the main part?

'I set the timers for six minutes, the same six minutes you gave me, it was the least I could do for a friend'
'If it's not broken, don't fix it'
Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

It is quite difficult to accept the fact that some old friends will not return, or if they do return it won't be for a long while. If other members are rolling through the galleries all the time, they will not know who leaves and who comes in, and if members roll through the forums all the time, they won't know of new submissions. A balance between the 2 provides the most equilibrium for updates.

All in all, some members are saddened that older friends are leaving, and those members must look for new friends. The leaving of some members may make other members leave as well. Of course, a friend cannot be replaced.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Well, it shouldn't be a huge problem at all. That just means this community is growing, because nothing stays the same forever. Like Cy said people move on to do other things, and we should also be excited about the future instead of being pessimistic about it. New members are coming in everyday, we should embrace them because they are the future of this community. They will take over where all of these great members left behind.

We are all growing in this community. It is a pitstop in our lives, so we should be happy for the members that choose to move on because they found what they were looking for. We should do these members that contribute so much to this community some justice by giving a good farewell that they deserve. Nobody should leave this nice community in a sad or bitter note.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

We Adapt, we evolve, we become and move on i guess....Rome wasnt built in a day!

We choose where we go in life and its not always that we are forced or made to be its just that we have to look forward in our future and hope that there are things we have to pick up to make our puzzle in life seem whole. But sometimes its hard to cope with a fast change in perspective in which you yourself might not know which is right side up anymore...

As for White and SD.....they will be missed as maybe i will someday but not for a long time! ^ ^

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

well guess we feel this way bcuz few of the friends we made are leaving......but i guess ppl haf their own life + this site is growing larger thats for sure n im sure there are many other great people in here that we can meet....=D

Asahi

Asahi

gone

lol i have writen first of this problem.. but nobody or not many people was interesting in it. and now.. so many people leaving mt. i wanted it too but i didnt go. todays days i see some new wallers here on mt and this people make good work. its a hope . and i see this days more good wallpapers in the top favs - thats a changing imo ! and this is good. for sure here are many things that arent right or okay..

if people want to leave ... leave them. its his/her way.

well...people got their own reason to leave....about the favs....I dun think that is a big cause to departure of members.....mayB they just had enough of mt......yes....people will change.......this site will also change......there will be new members who mayB can take over their places.....only 1 thing.....they can't replace a friend >.>.......that's sad.......

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I think some people make too much of their leaving and this makes people think that Minitokyo is crumbling. I mean, I've only been here about 14 weeks which is nothing in comparison to some, but I still appreciate that people just want to leave and do other stuff.
I mean, there are still awesome wallpapers being made almost every day, so I think it's still working ^__^ .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Quote by Aa-chanI mean, there are still awesome wallpapers being made almost every day, so I think it's still working ^__^ .

... and new avenues for participation... I noticed the more 'veteran' wallers are leaving because of that disease called "boredom"... not so much because they have personal or business stuff to attend to... but because they finally got 'bored'.

Not to brag... but I have an idea for a *promising/potentially-creative anarchy-type wallpaper contest*... probably I'd suggest it after the doujin/caption writing/CG-color thing... I hope the veteran wallers still stick around for it. ^_~

Creating more avenues for participation and cooperation around the community/subcommunities of MT might spice up life a bit for them wallers.

mt is a big place! Is it crumbling? I don't think so... it is expanding. It is becoming more diverse... the problem, I feel, is that things and events and goings-on are becoming fragmented... truly a dilemma of an anarchic society. To be diverse but fragmented, or to be tight-knit but bland and ultimately leads to quicker boredom?

But anyway, back to the topic! What I think is lacking among the membership's mentality is a "bird's eye" perspective... are we seeing the whole picture, or are we focusing too much on a certain thing? Anyway, sorry for the rant, and hope you all enjoyed a good read!

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

eh...this is too depressing...sad to see everyone go but they have their reasons...
mt has either become a hindurance or just something holding them back so they decided to go..it would be selfish to ask them to stay since it could jepordize their futures...say your sorrowful farewells and maybe someday they'll come back..as for me..expect me to be on less in about a week...rugby season starts and i'll be quite busy with practice and training and games...plus i'll probably be napping more to keep my mind frame working...i've said my peace now its just time to tie up a few loose ends and disappear...

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

Kitaan

Retired Moderator

Kitaan

Revival

ahh I'm so overwhelmed with this whole leaving thing... T_T why is everyone going?! I'm so confused and sad...ah I can't say anything more.....

DakX

DakX

Inactivity strikes again

You see it al the time people leave and other come in their place. It never ends people. Everyone stay's as long as the find it a good place to be and they have fun here. I am a member of other forums and they get borring to but when I leave them for lets say a month they get intresting again. They don't leave forever some people even register under a other name just to see how their forum is going. There is a chance that MT will die as so many before it but as long as we are here it wont.

Please excuse but my english isn't very wel but I am still learning.

pinkangel

pinkangel

::Konnichiwa::

It's sad that old member are leaving anf life goes on I guess. I agree with what people has said before me; it's their choices and their a life outside the net eventhou we sometime get addictive to this (i"m one of them) been part of this community make me happy and it's a strees relieve for me. I'm alone most of the time with my kids and my friend and husband work so I like to chat we people. (I'm a talker) ^_^ but even thou good friend are leaving us that doesn't meanwe have to stop been friend. There's emails and messenger that can keep us in contact with each other. I have added MT friend to my email and messengers and we keep in contact no matter if they stay or leave. We have create a beautiful friendship. I hope you get what I'm trying to say, ( I'm not that good explaining myself in english). Friendship doesn't stop here, it can goes to the distant. Well, that's my 2 cents for this topic. HAve a nice day guys.

For those who are leaving: Even thou I may not know you, I"m sorry you a re leaving us but I want to wish you health and luck in our life. Take care and plz visit us from time to time. Ok ^_^

sooooooooo where are you going to go to? :(

Signature

Asahi

Asahi

gone

well i have something to say again: some of you were writing that they losing their friends. thats not correct . if the people were friends .. it give many possibilities to stay in contact with them: email or chatprogram like icq, aim , trillian and so on.

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

.... don't be naive .. the scans are the #1 reason for peeps to join / be here......
This site doesn't generate 4TB+ / month of traffic by using the forum..

From a other thread:

"but it's a shame that the community is suddenly starting to break apart. "

Like what 5~6 are gone ? mmmmzz 20.000+ to go. ye gods the community is doomed o_0

Yawn .............

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Ah, thank you for all your opinions regarding this issue! I read a whole lot of good points and I totally agree! One of these days, you gotta leave the MT nest and move on with your own lives at home! Next time when one of my fav members decides to leave, I'll encourage them instead by wishing them a safe journey! :D Again, thankees for all your comments! (*high fives all the members*) ;)

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

well I think it's not about echii or ecchi, I think it has more when i first joined XD
however wall quality was very very high, I have some of the earliest wall in MT , and they all still look cool now ^^
There seems to be a drops of quality somehow during the last december, when everyone swarmed MT xd.
i couldn't believe my self back then, lots lots of submission. too many if i must say
Some are good some are okay.

Most of us who chooses to stick with MT prob have too much time XD like u star XD
(just kiddin).
Sorry can't include myself XD there, I hardly have time to comments or to do anything XD these days, got caught up in UNI.
So , I geuss there is life factors and some stuff that happened within MT itself.
Well I'm sure The quality will increase again as soon as everyone get back to SChool ^^, I believe low quality was caused by too much spare time (holiday seasons etc) and many members want to level up , simple as that.
But anyhow that's just my opinion.

synkr0nized

crimson angel

Perhaps some of the people who are leaving, while a small number but "prominent" community members, see new people like myself as joining merely to leech and benefit off of their work.

While this may be true to an extent, as part of the impetus to joining MT is the wealth of artwork and wallpapers (sure, there are scans, too, I suppose) that one can download, I hope, collectively, that's not the opinion.... I know, for myself, it's difficult to be "active" in such a tremendously large community where so many people already know so many others. How does one jump right in, for example? Even the groups I have joined are difficult to slide into as if I was there always.

Ok, so maybe this doesn't seem to fit the topic of the thread -- I guess what I am trying to say is that, if the community feels weird or different, perhaps it is because of the stratification between ranges of members? [not implying it is intentional, done with malice, or even necessarilly a negative] I don't know. Maybe I'm just the odd one in every few who isn't making enough effort to fit in around here.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.