Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Here comes Pentium D... - Minitokyo

Here comes Pentium D...

page 1 of 1 4 total items

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

Intel officially released the new Pentium family name "D" like dual ^^. Smithfield core Pentium D is the two cpu in one chip design (and 2x1MB L2 cache), targeted market is desktops and workstations. Pentium D Extreme Edition is targeted for the hardcore gamers. Another interesting aspect is EE (extreme edition) will have hyper-threading, so the operating system will see 4(!) logical cpu. I have no info about Intel keep the huge L3 cache or double it (2MB or 4MB L3 cache!?) Of course these new chips support the 64bit extension and will use LGA775 socket. So so, this summer will be hot, since AMD have dual core cpus too (but they first market is server cpus so dual core opteron will come first).

[ My latest wallpapers: Ritsuka <-> ZERO Love v2 <-> Autumn cold night ]
[ Please visit my gallery for high quality and resolution pictures or sign my guestbook.]

Signature Image

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Interesting... so basically Intel somewhat tried to copy AMD, right? I am really looking forward to compare this cpu with amd64, especially since amd chipsets have always been cheaper than intel's ones.

This summer will be hot? I hope not the fried motherboard hot......

Just what software can utilized 4 logical CPUs effectively?

Seig Jion....Seig Jion

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Quote by SWPIGWANGThis summer will be hot? I hope not the fried motherboard hot......

Just what software can utilized 4 logical CPUs effectively?

Well there will probably be a similar to situation like when the amd64 was released. You have to give some time to the software developers to fully make good use of those chipset and their features... you will not probably notice that much of a difference with the actual softwares just give it some time and you'll see how applications will adapt to the new cpu standards :).

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.