Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 character comparisons - Minitokyo

character comparisons

page 1 of 1 24 total items

It's amusing how many characters look similar to each other. :) I've heard lots about Haku (Spirited Away) and Touya Akira (Hikaru no Go), and just to illustrate the point:

[Touya v. Haku]

There, the Touya pic's from the HikaGo Gameboy game, I think. XD The Haku pic was googled up for reference.

:) Anybody got any others?

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

I fought Ed on FMA at first looked like Hikaru on HoG .. kind of... and you know all the "Fafner in the Azure" are "Gundam charaters recyle" and I can say the same for "noir" to "Madlax" of cousre I think they are all the same artist who draw them one after another so whatever... but if you look at anime today, the artwork already lost is originality since its almost too hard to pull. =/

Signature

Yea, agreed. Sometimes off-beat goes predictibly off-beat...

You know what's the other one? x_X Ken from Weiss Kreuz Gluhen looks *exactly* like Jubei in GetBackers. ._. see here--> [clicky].

Trever

Trever

Bishonen Hunter

There's two characters i found pretty similar about the fact that their both stupid and darn funny for that.
It was Ryuichi from Gravitation and Ashton from Star Ocean EX. And theyr voices kind of seem almost the same, maybe' just me. :\

I'd like to break your heart and give you mine
It's taking me over
It's so insane I've gotta be
crazy indeed

SVZ

SVZ

Lol. Haku from Spirited Away, Akira from Hikaru no Go, and Ken from Digimon... I've actually found a fic that established that. ^^

Hmm... I've always been fascinated by Anime look-alikes... http://miraclegenki.com/cherryblossoms/lookalikes.html

xeroghost

Whoa knows??

Akane (Ranma 1/2), Shinobu (love Hina), Hinata (Naruto), and Aoi (ai Yori Aoishi)
all look so similar its kinda scary at times..

*insert clever saying here*
Signature

kklam

kklam

MS stands for Meteor Sweeper XD

After Ayanami Rei of EVA
There is so many girl characters are similar to that kind of her, cool, emotionless, sad, lonely

Signature
	Imagehttp://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto%5CimgFiles%5Cpersonal%5C696703V2QS1.gif

take a picture of beavis and put it side by side with a pic of jerid and yazan from zeta gundam. Another semblance would be Cosmo from Ideon with old school Amuro Ray.

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

I love Duo Maxwell right? (The answer is yes)

<rant>Anyway, so I'm watching Weiss Kreuz (original) with the formet President of APA and he says "Why don't you like Omi? It's the same damn eyes." "Well, I dunno, it's Omi."

Now I get freaked out any time I see Omi. >_>

Ed from FMA also has Duo's features, and the hair, but it's not Duo dammit. </rant>

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Quote by Ichiroutake a picture of beavis and put it side by side with a pic of jerid and yazan from zeta gundam.

May I add this blond character from "Aoki Ryusei SPT Layzner" who also fits in this lineup? :) 'sorry, i did not get his name... currently watching it now... gotta love them classics.

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

yieloon

yieloon

#1 Slacker

Considering there arent many way to draw a character, they usually look the same...
I heard from someone before that if u take out their hairstyle and just compare their facial characteristic, they usually just look the same.

For example, kira and shinn and the guy from dead agressor, arent they very similar?

Signature

They say that god arranged relationships, but men created separation.

sinister-seraphim

sinister-seraphim

The Wandering Slacker

Oh, let's see... There's Sephiroth (ff7), Ghaleon (Lunar), Xion (Bloody Roar 3), Vicious (Cowboy Bebop), and many, many others that I don't know the names of. Put these guys together and it'll look like that Potato family reunion in the Sorcerer Hunters manga, lol. You might also compare Naru Narusegawa (Love Hina) with Asuka (Evangelion) both for looks and personality... man I hate them. Oh, and yieloon has a very good point that I have noticed myself.

Anyway, I'm really here to thank you for signing my guestbook... I haven't figured out how to sign another person's yet. Would you tell me how? Thanks for the complement, by the way; I usually write any comment the same way I would write a report. What did I say?

My katana smells lemony fresh. How about YOURS?

ph34r

ph34r

.:Darkness:.

Miharu from d.c. da capo looks exactly like Hikari from kono minikuku mo utsukushii sekai.(aka This Ugly and Beautiful World) *the orange haired girls*
(hope i translated it right) ^_^'

Mimiru from .hack//SIGN and Asuka from NGE I find to be a little similar. Mostly personality and facial expressions.

There's others I've noticed before, but I can't think of them right now.

Signature

Songblade

Renkinjutsushi

I think any chara from .hack would look much like NGE because the original artist for both series is the same! XD I love that guy! He does the NGE manga now ^__^

touya akira from hikaru no go also looks like yzak from gundam seed

Signature

syivese

syivese

Oblivious Being!!

Gravitation Shuichi Shindou & Pot's Marui Bunta | Gravitation Tohma & GW's Quatre.

PoT-Fanatics Here --> (TeniPuri) Signature Image

hmm...Duo from gilgamesh and Akutsu from PoT? they both have gey/silver/white hair and they're both gravity defying hairstyles ;9

mmm...what about...hikaru no go's white hair dude (lol i don't know his english name... ^_^' )and samurai X's enishi? they both have white spikey hair and bad ass attitudes! XD

wut?

syivese

syivese

Oblivious Being!!

Quote by CoolBlueXwhat about...hikaru no go's white hair dude (lol i don't know his english name... ^_^' )and samurai X's enishi? they both have white spikey hair and a bad ass attitudes! XD

Yoshiro? Yeah, they do look alike. ^^()

PoT-Fanatics Here --> (TeniPuri) Signature Image

Quote by syiveseGravitation Tohma &amp; GW's Quatre.

<lol> Totally! XD Haha~ don't these two even have the same voice actor?

Banchan

Banchan

Nocturnal Creature

I say Ban Midou of Get Backers looks a lot like Ran Fujimiya from Weiss Kreuz... with those shots of him in the artbooks where his hair is slicked down... just dye it red, and voila! You have one assassin for hire! (not to mention the underlying yaoi tendencies...)

Banchan

Banchan

Nocturnal Creature

I have another addition... look at Tokiya Mikagami from Recca no Honou and Kurama from Yuu Yuu Hakusho... their personalities may not be the same... but there was one time I saw original artworks from both characters.... which had the exact same pose! They really look like twins, save the hair and eye colour.

Same goes for Recca Hanabishi and Yuusuke Urameshi.... Recca no Honou must've been greatly inspired by YYH ... as shown in the character designs and the tournaments.

Drak

Drak

Dragon Child

I don't totally agree with Xeroghost. true that Hinata and Akane look alike a little, but I could easly tell which is which (or maybe it's just because I'm a Hinata fan? :D ).
To me Yaiba from 'Samurai Yaiba' looks strangly similar to Son Goku from 'Dragonball'.
But I would say that the most look alike characters are Yaiba (see above) and Gon Freaks from 'HunterxHunter'.
Plus, a lot of manga artists use the same chara-design in diffrent titels (for example Killua from 'HunterxHunter' looks almost the same as Hiei from 'Yuu Yuu Hakusho').

'This is the story about dragons, magic and people dreams' - Dragonblood.
Current chapter: 12

angel2devil

Assassination Ninja Beast Unit

Quote by sinister-seraphimOh, let's see... There's Sephiroth (ff7), Ghaleon (Lunar), Xion (Bloody Roar 3), Vicious (Cowboy Bebop), and many, many others that I don't know the names of.

Quote:

Don't forget Natsume Shin from Tenjou Tenge

Member of "[Hispanime]"

"[img=http://www.minitokyo.net/images/sigs/angel2devil.gif[/img]"

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.