Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deeper meaning to Movies - Minitokyo

Deeper meaning to Movies

page 1 of 1 3 total items

darkwaterbunny

darkwaterbunny

cancha! And MORE cancha!

Have you ever watched a movie and discovered that it really wasn't for just entertainment? I have, and I must say, I love these types of movies. With each event that goes on, it has a signifigance to understanding our own lives. These are movies that aren't just sappy-love stories or the completely random movies that have been coming out. The movie that I felt really strongly about was one such as "The Hours" a movie depicting the lives of three women in a three different times. Not just ther own lives, but of how each and every thing can affect you. Of how being alive can sometimes become to difficult.

Anyway, share you thoughts here!!! Please, try to steer away from naming your favorite movie because this isn't what I'm asking. Simply of one that really made you think about life and why.

cerena

cerena

Evil eyes master

insteresting, me here too like to think about it till watch it twice well most of them are anime but i like "the other" . then the "green mile". it is very touching story n got a lot of meaning. ^^

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

I think there are many movies which try to portray a feeling or meaning. Some movies are based on real life events and their sole purpose is to send the truth of an event to the public. For example I watched a movie called "Escape from Sobibor" and was a true event of when the prisoners of Sobibor concentration camp (during the Holocaust) came up with an escape plan which succeeded. I've seen a lot of fantastic movies which gave out important meanings. But I found that out of all these movies, most were very sad ones....like Grave of the Fireflies. This movie had no happiness and only gave the viewers grief. But it changed me, in a way that's beyond words. I'd recommend it to anyone (although I'd warn them to have a box of tissues ready). Lastly there are movies that are so interesting that they leave you thinking about it for a long time afterwards. Like for e.g. "A Beautiful Mind" the possibility of being such a genius, that even your mind can take over your consciousness, is just so stunning! Other ones that made me think were "Bicentennial Man" and "Artificial Intelligence". Although both were made mostly for entertainment, they explored the possibilities of the future and the controversy that might occur for humans if there was artificial intelligence. I think movies are a great way to express something.....maybe that's why I have a DVD collection the size of Jupiter..... ^_^'

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.