Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do u agree the best game developer is Japan?? - Minitokyo

Do u agree the best game developer is Japan??

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 72 total items

In RPGs, yes (even though Japan doesnt have kotor), but due to its sheer variety and quality, I feel US companies tend to make better games.

every game i play comes from japan so i am going to say yes out of inexperience

if its going to be a long shot, im still going to take it, and trust my aim that it hits
Signature

Zeliard

Zeliard

I confess! I'm an otaku!!

I totally agree with bloodfang755. We can't really have preference to any Japanese games or US games because both are masters of different genres. The Japanese RPG is not quite the same as the standard American RPG. If you like Baldur's Gate, then you like Black Isle. If you like turn based or ATBS japanese RPG, then I guess it's Japanese games then.

As japanese games are more well developed for consoles, we don't see strategy games as often as they were developed for PC. And in fact, japanese so-called strategy games are different as well, more of RPG-oriented. Hence another exclusive japanese genre tactical RPG.

i personally prefer japanese games. Overall most of the games have better graphics, BGM, and movements of characters in CG are more human.

Signature

Redimer

Redimer

Edge Master of the Platinum

Yeah! there no doubt about that!! Japan is the best game development in the world. The only game that I like make in The United States is Mortal Kombat Deception

There are several things that cause monsters.
The first is the glory of God

I play RTS, FPS, tactical strategy, and both kinds of RPGs. I'd have to say that it totally depends on the genre. I would never touch a non-US mmorpg or FPS (if you say Lineage 2 or one of those craptastic free Korean ones I'll kill you!). But that said, turn-based RPGs are the Japanese' domain. Anachronox is the only decent non-Japanese turn-based RPG I can think of.

i like japanese games the best because they have something special in them like the music and the character design i mean you cant find an american game that has the best character design or one with a good storyline

I play mostly US made games, so I can't agree....

When in comes to console games, I'll vote for Japan. As for online games, I'll go with Korea.

Well some Korean developers are good, same as Americans ( Blizzard ) , Japan have a few good games but I would call them even

Signature
Avatar + Signature made by TripleG :D Thanks

not the best. but good.

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Well I believe so because my favorite games are developed in Japan and my best console is developed in Japan "Sony Playstaion" so in my opinion video games became a part of japanese cultures and they are the best in that field!!!

*~* It's Not Who I Am Underneath, But What I Do That Defines Me *~*
Signature Image
Check My Gallery

Japan dominates a large number of genres, but FPS and Racing seems to stay as a western developed staple generally. Plus Japan doesn't seem to touch the PC much unlike western developers.

as everyone is sayign it depends on the game also do not forget that some 3rd party companys have to go thur 2nd and first party companys just to get their product made and sold sad thing about this is that a limited amount is produced becuse there trying not pay more than they will make a great exsample of this is riveria for the gba http://www.atlus.com/riviera/ and http://www.atlus.com/riviera/media.html<--- this is just the most wonderful strategy rpg ive seen in my life the animations,thestory everything

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

stoven2005

stoven2005

Toshi-san

my #1 favorite game and series is from Japan, so i think Japan is most definitely the best game developer (in my opinion).

"Nothing can ever come from being around normal people."

blackchii

blackchii

Enjou no Kougyoku

I see that each developer have their own specialty of the genre but how 'bout this:

lets take example SquarEnix, and I say they are the best developer.. why?? because whatever genre it may be (in this case let say Square Enix develope an RTS genre) I'll directly judge "hell, it must be a good game"

Signature

The japanese gets my vote.

Athlon 64 FX 60 OC 3.3Ghz , NVIDIA XFX GeForce 7900 GTX XXX Edition 750/1900, 4 Gig Ram, 400 Seagate Hard Drive, Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro, 32 inch Sony LCD

I don't know...I think it really depends on what type of games you like..

I don't particularly like sports, FPS or racing. I myself find them too repetitive. I mostly like RPG (has to have good story), strategy and action/adventure/simulation etc.

i have to say for sports, FPS or racing. US developers are definitely better at it at the moment. The ones made by US developers are much more realistic because of the technology they possess. They also pay a lot of attention to the details in the games

For strategy game I think both US and Japan developers have awesome games. I really like Super Robort War series, SD Gundam G Generation series, Fire Elbem, ZOE: Fist of Mars from the Japan develoeprs. I also really like Warcraft, Starcraft, C&C, and AOE. Each side has its strengh and weakness.

For rpg...i favor the Japanese one way more than the US one. I guess Fable and Jade empire would be consider to be US type RPG? I just don't find them too attractive to me for some reason. Maybe it's because I grew up with anime. I perfer Japanese RPG such as FF, Lunar, Grandia, Xenosaga. I like the art style and character design of the Japanese RPG a lot more I suppose. I also perfer the styles of the story in the Jap RPGs.

For action/adventure/simulation, I think the Japanese are better so far. Metal Gear is probably the best example. I also played Spliner cell before...but it just feel so different from mgs.. Dynasty/Samurai warriors and ZOE are also very cool action games. Nintendo's Mario and Zelda are also my favorites. Namco's Ace Combat series is my favorite simulation so far. From the US side...hmm...I can't think of any of my head at the moment...

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Of Course.

Hideo Kojima is Japanese. Tetsuya Nomura is Japanese. Nearly all commercial games have Japanese staff members.

So I think it makes sense that they do rule the Gaming World.

Signature

mukAi-

mukAi-

~juSt mE~

for sure, Japan is probably the grestest and best game developer at the moment is Japan. There is just such a long list of popular games that have come from there

Signature
You did it again / All you ever do i doubt,
What do you want / Let me tell you what its all about.

Dremon

Dremon

Aries

I dunno', I have mixed fealings. I've seen some pretty crappy Japanese games and some pretty awesome American games. Actually I'd have to say for the most part, Japan does make more better games, but American games are getting better and better too. Maybe some day they'll actually be equal or somethin'. I like RPG's, but my favorite genre is Platformer (Jak and Daxter, Sonic, Ratchet and Clank, ect.) Some day I'm gonna' make my own games, and at the moment I'm plannin' on going to Japan for that, but depending on how the video game industry is, I might just end up staying in America. But not in Nebraska... I wanna' move out of this state.

Signature
I'd be a fox girl if I could. But everyone loves cat girls! I feel no love...

Danworth

Danworth

.:Talk slowly, think quickly:.

i like japan games but some american i will not say there names because i don't wont to look like an i'm ignit and it turn out they arn't american based :)

Signature
Thanks to Sumomo- for the wonderful Sig and Spystreak for the wonderful avy
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

I think it really depends on what kind of games you're focused.
FPS for example are very well done in the USA or Europe, same counts for RTS, but if you look for good Beat'em Ups you'll most likly find out that the best are made by japanese developers.
Personally I prefer games developed in the US or Europe, cause many japanese games are to weird for me.

yea...i like those jap games...so much that i order it from japan to get ahead of people hehe

life is but a dream...
my soul belongs to meli-chan

StryderHiryuu

Assassin

I think Japan has the best game developers by far.
American game developers often do have help from the Japanese.

Japanese dominate the RPG area, which I love.
FPS...Americans own that, but so what? FPS get so repetitive and boring.
Everything else is pretty balanced.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 72 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.