Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Fanservice discussion - Minitokyo

Fanservice discussion

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 27 total items

Caiobrz

Caiobrz

Wispy

@ chresto -> Hmmm Yes I know that but how come if less then 50% of titles have any kind of fan service, can we go to the point of generalizing that it's something that's on "all" titles? I think statistics actually matter for us to talk about how we see fan service in anime, because it will tell if we are seeing it biased, get my point? ^_^;;

That also matters when you see people quoting individual titles and discussing general anime fanservice. We cannot judge all anime industry based on one or two titles, can we? So statistics are important to let us know how much of this characteristics is present, and to what extent, and then we can go (or not) into generalization

that's my opinion though, and I don't know if I expressed myself clearly there -_-

I also think that fanservice deals more to attract male public to a given title. Lots of titles that feature fanservice will concentrate it on early episodes, and then drop it (or reduce it), for instance Mahoromatic have some serious ecchi on early episodes, then they drop it, clearly trying to get the attention of ecchi-addicts ;)

That more or less works ... I guess ... though people like me see it as a plot flaw to go to that length to attract fans ;)

My personal opinion on the matter remains: I don't think there is too much fanservice nor violence on anime titles. If one watch only the ecchi/violent ones, it's natural for them to think so, but if you get the general picture (statistics included), one cannot argue that.

Though I'll grant that the more popular titles usually DO have fanserve and/or violence, but then we would get into human nature ;)

Signature
Extensive quality reviews and some wall/scans, visit!
http://www.daisuki.com.br

In a lot of cases, it IS over-used, but then again, if people will buy an entire series JUST because its filled with breasts, panties, and violence, then who is really losing out? I for one, don't really lean either side of liking/disliking it, but I try to understand both sides of the story. More or less, it is there to amuse the crowd.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Fanservice...well i'm a guy so i'm a supporter of course hahah. It's a common thing in japan and they have very different views on this subject so it's normal for them, not for us but believe me, i've become accustomed to it ; )

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 27 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.