Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Image size problems - Minitokyo

Image size problems

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

ShinjiIkari32

Bishoujo Aficionado

Now, it's really no secret that I'm retarded. Really, it isn't. I'm trying to post some scans. However, after scanning the image, cleaning it a little, then saving it, when I open the image in internet explorer, it appears like 10 times larger than it was when I saved it. What's the deal here. I'm sure it's extremely simple so, someone please enlighten this fool!

Take a quote from any anime and replace a word vital to the sentence with "pants", for instant comedy..
"I am the answer to all who cry out for pants!"-Goku, DBZ
"Those pants were more than just armor! Unit 01 has broken free of the pants that bend it to our will!"-Ritsuko, Evangelion
"Unfamiliar pants.."-Shinji, Evangelion

What program are you using? if yer using Photoshop [and possibly Paintshop], it automatically loads images scaled down. So what you're seeing might actually be at 15% of the actual image size. Then when you save it and open it in IE, it'll show it to you non-scaled. If you think this is happening, when you scan the image in, check the top of the image's window - it should mention the % scale.

Signature
my guy: my life would be complete with rapid weight loss and larger breasts.
me: boobs on a stick! boobs on a stick!

ShinjiIkari32

Bishoujo Aficionado

Eck, I have neither Photoshop or Paintshop. I'm using "Microsoft Picture It! 9" It does show the percent scale, however, it doesnt allow me to save it at a smaller size. Could this have anything to do with the DPI I'm scanning it at?

Take a quote from any anime and replace a word vital to the sentence with "pants", for instant comedy..
"I am the answer to all who cry out for pants!"-Goku, DBZ
"Those pants were more than just armor! Unit 01 has broken free of the pants that bend it to our will!"-Ritsuko, Evangelion
"Unfamiliar pants.."-Shinji, Evangelion

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

if the problem is with internet explorer, you probably just need to go into your options, and deselect the option, that says resize images (or at leaste it says something to that affect) but if it is not IE well then I am afraid I can be of little help.

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

ShinjiIkari32: Could this have anything to do with the DPI I'm scanning it at?

Are you using Windows 95, 98 or XP? The answer to your question is yes, it has just about everythign ot do with the DPI you scan at. On my old old computer (now retired) when I scanned a 5x8" picture at 300+ DPI, it was huge on the screen. I have no clue what option to use in "Picture It" since I don't use any default Microsoft programs, but try right clicking teh image where it's stored on your HDD and hit properties...it should tell you what the size is. (1152x1280 os something like that)

Three things are certain in this life...
Death, Taxes, and Horrible Dubs!

The higher the DPI the better! It's easier to use images for wallpapers if the image has a higher DPI..

mmm, marshmallow.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.