Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Manga Versus Anime - Minitokyo

Manga Versus Anime

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

The main reason for this post is to know wich one you favor over the other?

For me anime is better because you cvan generate a whole atmosphere, with animation, music, efects, camera moves, that really get you into the plot while manga lacks that stuff.

But manga has my old-fashioned vote, i really like B&W, but we must admit is easier to get anime these days.

Besides, collor is very important for walling! ^^

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

Velg

Velg

The Jackal

Hard to choose one over the other. Manga typically tells a more detailed story and has arcs that aren't in the anime. Anime on the other hand has like you said, the music, the effects, etc. I think if i had to choose, I'd pick manga because I love to read, and it'c cheaper for me in the long run.

Signature Image

Heh, I'm with manga all the way. XD Closer to the artist's original intentions, imo (came straight from their hand, after all...) whereas anime sometimes gets a little warped *coughkenshincough*. >.>
I think manga usually manages to portray more depth, too.

No colour isn't a big deal to me, and my imagination likes to deal with the music and effects. XD And a well laid-out manga moves as well as a camera anyway (peacemaker's a good as any example of this).

For walling, I think it depends what kinda wall you want to make. Something bold usually works better with anime (duh). XD
Manga, manga, manga~!

FallenAngel

FallenAngel

dead 12/28/08

Another vote for manga, I think it's better sometimes if you fill in the gaps and pictures with your imagination.

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

I actually like Anime better, Manga is great and all, but I too frequently get confused as to whats going on in Manga, I don't know what it is, but for some strange reason when I read manga I tend to miss out a lot on the story and such.

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

chresto

chresto

alu love :*

Well, as far as I 'm concerned, I believe manga are much better than anime. Original story, way to cool design, original heros / heroines and much more. Anime sometimes turn out to be completely crappy ones, for example, Love Hina, something which wastes the whole opinion about the project (refering to both anime and manga). Well, anime has something manga could never achieve... music and video. And sometime like in FLCL, music is very good... creates a good atmoshere. And video, can depict fightings for example in Kenshin or Naruto better than manga, cause move exists. But, as I have noticed, in manga, the expressions of the heros is much more realistic, for example in Kenshin, while he battles and hits the roof... his face turns into a demon... very cool! But, there are also anime, for example Kimi Ga Nazomou Eien, with emotion, something which makes u cry... wherease, in mangas... the same thing happens :D too XD (but not with such realism though I think). So what I wanna say, anime has its own good points and mangas has also its own good points. If are obsessed with a series, go watch both of them.

-.-.-. ph0T0cH0p3r d3sIgn3r .-.-.-
Signature

dArkaNGeL

dArkaNGeL

.. you in the real world?

well for it always depends on some factors: graphics, story, genre, and characters. and some series of both anime and manga got these factors so i think they're both good

Signature
member of Oishi Nihon, Kasumi-chan and Ecchi-Club

Chickomon

Chickomon

The Dog of War

i have not read a lot of manga, so for me, anime...until i read moe manga that is. what i have read was great...like what was previously said before...usually more of the astist's origonal ideas/creations.

ah to hell with it...as long as the story and art is good, i'll like it.

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
-- Wernher von Braun

darkzlevin

darkzlevin

Are We Who We Seem?

hrm... i m both manga and anime fan but some manga are mean't to be converted into anime :P

SUPPORT MINITOKYO BY JOINING THEIR MIRC CHANNEL
#minitokyo @ irc.rizon.net

Signature

I think anime is much better, Besides I really dont like to read that much and you have to hold the book and my neck starts to hurt and then I hold it up and my hands get tired. Plus watching anime brings the manga to life ya know.

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Cara

It really depends on the series. Some series are better as an anime. For example I have seen a few episodes of Sailor Moon and its not bad.... but if you have ever read the manga, it is easy to get lost, especially when they do the whole transformation into their costumes......

just an example.... its not my favourite series (infact I don't really like it at all... something my friends said I needed to see and read), but its alot easier to follow in the anime.

Signature

chresto

chresto

alu love :*

Quote by KazumaTheShellBulletI think anime is much better, Besides I really dont like to read that much and you have to hold the book and my neck starts to hurt and then I hold it up and my hands get tired. Plus watching anime brings the manga to life ya know.

...man u need some exercise...

-.-.-. ph0T0cH0p3r d3sIgn3r .-.-.-
Signature

I get plenty exercise at football practice I wont do that at home.

kirisame

kirisame

Witch of Dimension

Manga is better: it's more artistic and complex. Sure, anime has good things, but there's something special about taking Japanese culture in your bag and getting into a story anywhere.

** Do you believe in fate? **

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

I think I like them both the same...GRAH! Can't choose! ^^;

KohakuXP

Neutral

Manga really tells a good story line and its not very long either. Manga is also very illustrated.

Anime however got computer programming on colors, and the epiosides can really go on aand on and on. The colors of anime is really good! :)

Though I prefer manga.

humm... hummm... in my opinion, manga is a simplify of anime, and anime is a "movement" of manga series, even thought, some og animation series not following manga series, but they both need each others to complete the true series... if im not mistaken :p, but i vote for anime ... long life anime :p ahahahaa...

Kayouss

Rex

Rex

Fafner Pilot

i like to see my stuff.......animated :)

and a good deal of amount of manga are made into anime.........
but sometimes.....there are transition problems

Anime, less bull more action.

Shota

Shota

Forever Nameless

I usually prefer the manga over anime, mainly cuz it moves faster

Signature

kino

kino

tabibito

manga all the way! the story is still intact and it's not slow paced.

Signature Image

anime cuz i'm too lazy to read ... animated manga is even better when i get the manga story without reading :-D

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Manga.
It's cheaper (used JP bookstore = $1 manga = happy Tama)
It's portable (read it on the train, read it before class, read it whenever)
It's fun. (I like flipping through books. Always have, probably always will.)

As for anime adaptations of manga, or manga adaptations of anime, I generally like the version I see first, because that's what gives me a first impression, and usually I don't like the adapation as much as the original.

Ahhh I think most of the time the anime always cuts stuff off and doesn't draw the charecters as well. Depends on the anime something like Love Hina - I liked the manga better where as Naruto the anime is better.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.