Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 GAINAX VS. GONZO! Who will win? - Minitokyo

GAINAX VS. GONZO! Who will win?

page 1 of 1 23 total items

ShinjiIkari32

Bishoujo Aficionado

This should be a knock-down-drag-out win for Gainax, IMO. However, I know many people who feel Gonzo is better than Gainax. Who do YOU side with?

Take a quote from any anime and replace a word vital to the sentence with "pants", for instant comedy..
"I am the answer to all who cry out for pants!"-Goku, DBZ
"Those pants were more than just armor! Unit 01 has broken free of the pants that bend it to our will!"-Ritsuko, Evangelion
"Unfamiliar pants.."-Shinji, Evangelion

o.o; gainax. duh.

Well smack my bum and feed me anthrax!

ctrl

JocyWineStar

it's about kuantiti or kuality, the GONZO will propaly be the !st one, but GAINAX will propaly for the 2nd one.

I think gainax series gave me some sort of feeling but gonzo just for fun

Amore e Morte

Mmmm depends wut you mean but in a gainax vs gonzo anime battlefest, gainax would win i think. Though it would be an awesome fight. Eva vs, Chise, Gunbuster vs. Vandreads. Mahoro against Eclair. Angels against Arm Slaves. Hehe. gainax has more power in this catagory.

But i only like Eva, Gunbuster, KKnJ and Mahoromatic from gainax. While gonzo has more stuff i like: fmp!, Chrno Crusade, Hellsing, Kiddy Grade, Last exile, Peacemaker, Saikano, Samurai 7, and Vandread.

So overall, I'd say gonzo has the edge if i were to pick for viewing pleasure.

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

gonzo...as much as i liked gainax's evangelion, i can't help not liking last exile even more, along with full metal panic...

what happen to bone studio? cmon, wolf's rain, scrapped princess, rahxephon x_x too bad it was bankrupt

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

it's hard to decide because of full metal panic & peace maker kurogane vs. evangelion & mahoromatic ^^; I think Gainax is slightly in the lead though

shinotenshi

shinotenshi

Levi Ackerman

Gainax!!!!!!!!!!! because flcl was so awesome! XD

Signature
Look at all these big ass trees.

GAINAX!Well animation wise Gainax seems to take the cake.With Gonzo sometimes the animation is so bad it's painful to watch ><;; oh well that's my opinion anyway........

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

Gonzo rock!!!!! Gonzo really does a great job with their animation.....i just adore their CGing skills.....

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't think that Gonzo produced shows in the same way that Gainax did. But animation wise, Gainax is better. Though I liked Vandread and Hellsing, and some of Gonzo's somewhat older shows, their new stuff looks like crap imho. Gainax has continued to produce some pretty good things (Melody of Oblivion being their best new work). And Gunbuster, which I haven't seen all of it yet, is pretty damn nice looking! (you can't beat Haruhiko Mikimoto's character designs though :D ).

As for quality of shows, while Gainax is questionable at times (i.e. the endings to Evangelion and Kare Kano), it's not hard to beat shows like Bakuretsu Tenshi or Gravion (oh what a travesty THAT show is, eww).

irix

irix

quam sidera multa, cum tacet nox

gonzo!!!

id go with gainax since they did eva (which i actually hate), flcl, and kare kano. they havent done any bad shows really except for the recent konomini which i think is utter crap so far

Sir-Boingal0t

Sir-Boingal0t

BOINGATR0N

pfffftttt.........gainax.....no contest XD~

Signature Image
DigiTalBoing XD boingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingo
ingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoing

Lol is it just me or are only the gainax fans online? well I myself like just about every title from gainax, but we have to realize that when people come to either studio they probably have their eyes set on certain aspects of a studios style of production.... Yeah whatever who wants to go with the flow anyways

GO gonzo!!!!

There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only necessity...

ShinjiIkari32

Bishoujo Aficionado

Bleh, the fact that someone actually went with Gonzo based on their "CG Skillz" is utterly sad. Have you SEEN the CGI scenes? Oh my god, they've always been horrible, concidering what year we're living in here. While Bakuretsu Tenshi showcases some of their better CGI skills, I find it hard to believe someone would actually go for that. Oo; Anyways, Kono Mini isn't such a bad show. In fact, it's a very good show, if you watch all of it. A little cheesy, but that's not always bad..As for Eva's endings being crap, you probably just didnt fully understand what was going on, which seems to be the case with everyone who thought Eva had crappy endings. Just my opinions..

Take a quote from any anime and replace a word vital to the sentence with "pants", for instant comedy..
"I am the answer to all who cry out for pants!"-Goku, DBZ
"Those pants were more than just armor! Unit 01 has broken free of the pants that bend it to our will!"-Ritsuko, Evangelion
"Unfamiliar pants.."-Shinji, Evangelion

Enternal

Enternal

Wirbelwind

Well Gainax is good but I side with gonzo especially after I watch Kiddy Grade I sided with gonzo even more becuase I JUST love kiddy grade!! (Lumiere is cute!)

Signature
Fav. Chara: Azmaria (ChrnoC.), Tomoyo (TRC&CCS), Vanilla & Chitose (G.A.),
Alice (Aria), Daisuke | Hiwatari | Riku | Risa (D.N.Angel), More..

jackie-lyn

jackie-lyn

Non-Chinese-speaking Chinese

True, Gainax, is good, BUT I don't like the titles by Gainax, so I go for Gonzo. Like me or hate me for liking Gonzo, but I ain't gonna change my mine.

Movin'...

Easy win for Gonzo O.o
Well all honours to NGE and FLCL but thats already about it for Gainax most of the shows they made after this were nothing special aka. rather bad and only survived cause everyone is still excepting another Evangelion..
While Gonzo has actually every season some really good top-title on the TV screnes like Last Exile, Samurai 7, Gankutsuou or right now Speed Grapher all high quality work with great storys and amazing animation.

N2Heiki

N2Heiki

Devil Bats' Quarterback

Gainax all the way, i ilke the way they make plots, most of them are so original, gonzo is good, but obviously not good enough to take gainax down.

Signature
HiruMamo!!! Yaaaa- Haaaa-

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

Gainax definately!

::EDIT::

Just watched Gantz...which is now probably one of my favorite anime...boosting Gonzo to the favortie choice!

::DOUBLE EDIT::

Ok, this is what I've managed to gather from my extensive anime viewing over the last weekend XD.

GAINEX - They have more than a few anime that completely have no meaning (little to no meaning) like Abenobashi Shopping Arcade and FLCL but I do love both of them. A lot of their anime is confusing as well where once again, FLCL falls into this catergory, along with Evangelion. What I do like from GAINEX is that they do have fresh ideas, and they don't have a lot of blood in their anime. They've also been known to do some love stories as well. For me, it's good to have comedy but I'd prefer more action than romance

GONZO - Gonzo has some of my favorite anime and all of them have the best action I've seen. Kiddy Grade, Bakuretsu Tenshi, Gantz and Chrono Crusade are among my favorites. The one thing that I don't like so much about Gonzo, is that they do have a loooot of fanservice/ecchi. Ecchi is good at sometimes, but sometimes it's a little over kill (With Bakuten, it's ok...cuz Meg and Jo are hawt ^^). Also, Gantz has a lot of blood in it...too much for me, but I still love it. Some of their stories are tried methods, but they always add a new spin on it, which is why I love Gonzo.

So, my final choice...GONZO!!!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

dhunter

dhunter

Pantsman to the rescue

I prefer watching gonzo anime than gainax, my fav anime is Vandread so gonzo is my choice

Signature
Are those... pants on your head???

Enternal

Enternal

Wirbelwind

AFter reading all this i still pick Gonzo, they are just cool. Of course I like Gainax too

Signature
Fav. Chara: Azmaria (ChrnoC.), Tomoyo (TRC&CCS), Vanilla & Chitose (G.A.),
Alice (Aria), Daisuke | Hiwatari | Riku | Risa (D.N.Angel), More..

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.