how do you take a frame form a video to edit?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

Cancel

ok I'm trying to geta specific frame from media player to edit in phooshop, but it comes up witha black screen when i takea "prt scrn" and paste. what can i do?"

Signature

• Mar 08, 2005

kazuki05

Another supernumerary..

Cancel

I used to do screen captures from Media Player too.. it worked for me when I first paused it (of course) then minimized it to the taskbar and then restored it again. Print screen might work if the picture is still there after restoring the window.. not sure if that will work in your case. You could also try screen capture programs.. or

You could try opening your video player in BSPlayer.. and press 'p' (can be achieved also from right-clicking the player, Options > Capture Frame. It's usually saved in the program directory.

Hoped that helped!

"The stronger someone appears on the outside, the weaker they are in reality."

• Mar 08, 2005

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Cancel

Download the latest Movie maker from windows update. Open your video in that and you will be allowed to take screen shots.

Also, my comp has power DVD which also allows you to do that. If you have that, open your movie in that.

Signature

Cancel

Here's a neat trick I recently learned,
Open two instances of your video,stop or pause the first one,minimize it,then pause the second one where you want to take the screenshot and hit the 'print screen' button on your keyboard and paste it into your photo editing program.
The second way is,with Windows media player(similar in other players) go to "tools"(by right clicking on the top of the window) then "options" then "performance" and set the video acceleration to "none" then use the print screen button on your keyboard to take the screenshot where desired,and you know the rest.
[edit] I forgot to mention it's a good idea to set the video acceleration back to full once you're done taking screencaps.

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Cancel

Another option is to use Virtualdub (or its derivatives such as Nandub). You can either pause and screencap a video directly from the Vdub screen, or copy the frame and paste it into a graphics program.

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

Cancel

ooo, thnaks guys, i'll try some of theses, lol .

Signature

• Mar 08, 2005
Cancel

I use umm *thought I remembered maybe not* it's either virtualDub or t.... something I can check and get back with you :D Well anyway using it you can strip out a whole section into .bmp frames **thus how I make animated .gif avatar from video** < my way :D

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.