Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Viva la femme! Happy International Women/Womyn's Day, Minna! - Minitokyo

Viva la femme! Happy International Women/Womyn's Day, Minna!

page 1 of 1 8 total items

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Goddesss, how could I almost forgot today's date? 'Must be all the stress from the Doujin, Caption Writing, CG-Coloring thing...

Thanks to Yahoo! Mail for reminding me...
Happy International Women/Womyn's Day, minna!

Here is a little backgrounder on how this Special Day was won for women/womyn of all colors, races, social backgrounds, classes...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Women's_Day

Hey, also for those people who just think of feminism as some sort of "anti-man movement" only, do enjoy a good read here on the multitudes of variants of feminism here!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism

I especially like the part on anarcha-feminism and transfeminism -- in a capsule, they say that there are actually "sexist women", that is, women who seek clinging to certain "characteristics" in order to retain their "femininity"... basically, transfeminism denounces this "dual" or "essentialist" view of "manhood-womanhood", saying that such essentialism is not liberating to both men and womyn. That being a "womyn" or a "man" is essentially dictated by a biased characterization of science. (For a special reading on this, here's some thoughts from Donna Haraway! http://www.geneseo.edu/~bicket/panop/author_H.htm#HARAWAY)

Anyway, that's just my biases on feminism! Today's date should be celebrated by all men and womyn seeking liberation!

Mothers (single moms and bonded moms), prostitutes, career ladies, goth femmes, LBGTs, struggling students, avant-garde artists, whatever your backgrounds or careers are, today's our special day! Wooooo!

Anyway, just to continue this thread, you can also post in here special womyn whom you really admire or look up to or just a special woman/womyn in your life.

(eekkk, gotta get back to Doujin campaigning now!)

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

*put on glasse*
This glasse is not my it my sister :)
I just like wearing them to make me look smart XD HA HA HA HA
Happy International Women to all of the girls in MT :)
Us guys do care about you girls but not in a sexist way
but as friends, artist,..ect...ect :)
i admire every women that is on my friend list ;)
like you charaznableamurorei for your smarts, and my other women friends with they only special dexterity in they only way :) :D XD HA HA
I should go before I said to much for my only good ^_^'
*jump out a cliff and into ocean. Never seen again* XD

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

i will like to give a shout out to three special ladies in my life. My mom, I admire her for her courage in standing up for her family. My old high school english teacher, she inspired me and make me the kind of person that I am today, thanks Ms Szeto. :) My college european history professor, she is an amazing woman, and she has great passion in teaching her students, and she really went to the extra mile to make me see the world in a whole new perspective. :) I salute you Dr. Quinn. :) Without these three amazing ladies, I wouldn't be the half the man that I am today. :) So wherever you ladies are, I love you gals, and thank you very much.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

levezzali

levezzali

Purge Existence

=D I just gave my mother and her boss (a woman, too) 2 roses... hehehe, I was dispensed from the 2nd class because the teacher was not very well, and went to the flourist in downtown... hehehe

I gave it in the work time, there was nobody in the store! XD

Well, anyway, every girls and women here on MT, have a great Women day!

Purified Existence of a Lost Soul

... ok ... I am not a that serious person !! XD

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by levezzaliWell, anyway, every girls and women here on MT, have a great Women day![/quote

my sentiments exactly. :)

:leaves a red rose for all the ladies on MT:
au revoir

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

First off, I want to thank all of my lady friends in my friendlists for being such great, interresting people, good friends, and for making lovely artwork and for just being my friend. Second, I want to thank all of the women I know outside of MT who have helped me in some way and done something. And finally, I want wish everyone here a Happy Internaitonal Women's Day, and especially the women ^_^. I have one more thing to say too-Ladies, I'm single ^uu^ !! lol XD pardon that-later z *gives all the ladies of MT silver roses*

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

well.. do you realize that, except for you Char, i'm the first girl to write in this thread, and that's it's one o'clock here, which means the day is over... t_t... i'm so late... well, better late than never, ne? anyways, i didn,t even know there was an international womyn's day... i don't watch the news often enough it would seem ^_^'

i'm a feminist, just not the radical type, i'd just like women considered equals to men, that is same salary for an equivalent job (which is still not achieved even in this beautiful country called Canada... and so on...

if were talking special women i admire, hum... my mother is the only one that comes to my mind... who succeeded at raising me without my father's help... who had the courage to endure so many men that didn't respect her... and for keeping on being so generous... i wouldn't be studying in translation if it wasn't for her generosity... and my grandma for living as a traditional married woman for so long (something i wouldn't have had the courage to do...) and for succeeding at remaining so young at heart ^^

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

happy women's day to charaz ^_^ i'm late but i offer you a charaz day. tataaaam ; today is your day. Leave a ton of present at your home.
how are things going friend ? sorry i don't understand the yahoo thing with doujin support club. Hope to hear from you soon

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.