Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Netscape Browser 8.0 BETA - Minitokyo

The Netscape Browser 8.0 BETA

page 1 of 1 11 total items

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

I call this browser 'Firefox with a touch of flair and eye candy'.

Woot. Looks like Firefox have a friendly rival in this latest version of Netscape. The best thing is that this browser is based on Firefox / GECKO engine. And if you're tired of the simplistic interface of Firefox and want something nice and slick with all the former's security, integrity and performance, give this one a go.

I've tried it and feels just like home if you're familiar with Firefox. I also love the site controls option. If a page is better viewed on IE (my site for example cause Firefox couldn't read the bgproperties="fixed" tag line), just right click on the tab and turned on the IE rendering engine and voila. No need to turn on IE just to view the page. Of course it still in beta and had some minor bugs here and there but overall, it certainly looks good.

http://browser.netscape.com/nsb/

The download size is around 12MB and 35MB for installation. There's nothing wrong in trying something different.

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

First the negatives,

I am sick and tired of Netscape grabbing the latest version of Mozilla/Firefox, adding their own almost useless features to it and renaming it.

I really dont like the idea of using the mshtml redender inside a mozilla browser, just because you arnt using ie, doesnt mean you wont get the problems of mshtml.

And if you dont like the simple Firefox look, there are many, many firefox themes.

btw, if firefox wont work with bgproperties="fixed", thats because its not part of the W3C standards, and are using bad html coding style that only works with ie. it is not gecko's fault that it doesnt work at all, rather microsoft's for having it there just so websites that use it only work well in ie/mshtml.

And the positives:

I guess it is good to see Netscape trying to fix some of the complains that some users of Firefox have, and continuing development of a product that keeps some users away from internet exploder.

Well thats my opinion anyway. You can see im more baised agasint netscape than with, but at least its yet another alternative to ie.

white-zero

white-zero

Well, Netscape was the one that kickstart the whole gecko coding project. There's nothing wrong for them to take back what rightfuly theirs.

And do throw away W3C standard cause it doesn't apply anymore in this world dominated by you know who.

I don't like AOL products. And I refuse to support them.

Signature Image

Quote by white-zeroAnd do throw away W3C standard cause it doesn't apply anymore in this
world dominated by you know who.

Ah, you are defeatist ;) Change is not impossible :)

sh1nj1tsu

Old Soul

Let's add more useless features and not do what was defined in 1999. 1999. Six years and the basic rendering for html, CSS, and the DOM structure are still jacked up. When they decide to do their jobs and all make a consistent _correct_ rendering of a HTML document, I will pay attention to what they have to say. Until, _all_ browsers screw something up in basic rendering. If you disagree, you obviously haven't tried the possibilities that html/css can provide. (Like child elements for one) = )

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

I don't think they did good job on this browser! Too much options! It ain't user friendly brower! Some people want to keep it simple! Also software ain't stable. Can't enable cookies... I had to enable it manually. Netscape 7.2 still rocks!

white-zero

white-zero

READ. It's BETA.

sarisasenshi

sarisasenshi

Ninja of the Hidden Cult Fandoms

I've been a Netscape user for quite a few years now. My dad got me into it, and I'm afraid all I can do is give your user-friendly point of view since my computer knowledge is well... base. I used 8.0 Beta on my laptop at the end of the year, and I found it really appealing to the eye (call me crazy if you will) and also very versitle. It took some time to get used to the new scheme of things, but I find it very useful and enjoyable.

The only thing I find annoying about the Beta is that it opens up a new tab when you select the new window option. It's like, "Ooooookay..." ~_~

hm....i always thought firefox was made from the netscape engine

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

LOL!:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/121023;_ylt=AtFWweCesqtdEkDzgdMviJUh2.cA;_ylu=X3oDMTBhMjZlOTM4BHNlYwNsbjE2OTU-

no one should even bother using netscape these days. firefox works, and thats that. AOL have just taken yet another product and made another fucked up version of it. XP

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.