Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 siblings: how they affect you - Minitokyo

siblings: how they affect you

page 1 of 1 19 total items

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Well, i feel up to a thoughtful thread, I guess Mel is rubbing off on me^^
Does having siblings affect your life at all? I have 2 younger sisters, and since I am the oldest, there is that unspoken law that I should be a good role model for them. And, believe me i do my best. I sometimes think of myself as the guinea pig, I go through everything first, and they learn from my mistakes. Any other oldest people feel this way? What about those who are younger, or in the middle of your family? How does having people older affect you? Do you look up to them, and learn from them, or do you basically choose your path, without them affecting you? Those of you who don't have any brothers/sisters, are there other people in your life you look up to, in place of a sibling?
Thanks for baring with this long post^^

Signature

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Quote by skysongWell, i feel up to a thoughtful thread, I guess Mel is rubbing off on
me^^

LMAO i'm not the only one then... YAY!!!

hum... well, officially, i'm an only child... so no siblings there to affect me... i'm just a spoiled kid with an overprotective mother... so i don't really know about the effects of having a older sibling...

but as i said, it's just officially, coz' i have a younger step-bro, and a younger step-sis on my father's side... which means like you, i'm the eldest... and yeah, i guess the role model, but they almost never see me, so i don,t think i affect them much, just like they don't affect me much, i mean, i like to see them, that's for sure, i mean, they are both so sweet : my bro is extremely shy and doesn't talk to me unless i start the conversation, and my sis, everytime she sees me, she has to be close to me, hug me, play with me and so on... (well, they are respectively 12 and 8 years old... quite young compared to me ^^)

so that's pretty much all i can say about siblings...

punker0017

punker0017

My backpack's got jets

I have two younger brothers and they do influence my life. I do feel as if it is my responsibility to be a good role model for them. I do also feel like the guinea pig, though not so my brothers will learn, but more so that my parents will learn.

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

yea. but not anymore tho -_-

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by Ayamaelmy bro is extremely shy and doesn't talk to me unless i start the conversation, and my sis, everytime she sees me, she has to be close to me, hug me, play with me and so on... (well, they are respectively 12 and 8 years old... quite young compared to me ^^)
so that's pretty much all i can say about siblings...

Aww, thats so sweet :), I'm sure you have an impact on their life, even if you don't see them that that often. Maybe as they get older, you will get to know eachother better. They might even come to you with help when they need it.

Quote by punker0017I have two younger brothers and they do influence my life. I do feel as if it is my responsibility to be a good role model for them. I do also feel like the guinea pig, though not so my brothers will learn, but more so that my parents will learn.

I do agree that my parents learn a lot from what I have done, but of course that also impacts my sisters, since my parents are in charge. Sometimes I wonder if it would be easier being a younger or middle child, but I suppose there are drawbacks no matter where you fit in your family scheme.

Signature

Holt

Holt

pffft

i've got an older brother of 19. He's like you skysong. He goes through everything first and learn from his experiences.
I've always thought of him not only as a great brother but also a sort of competitor. Whenever he passes another hurdle in life like public exams etc. it always pushes me to strive to be even better when I get to that hurdle. And any mistakes he makes I'm careful not to make.
I also tend to be alot more assertive than him.

I once saw a program by some scientist guy about siblings and how most famous revolutionaries are younger siblings. Apparently younger siblings tend to be much more willing to go to great lengths to achieve what they want and fight for what they believe. In other words they're more rebellious ^_^
Does anyone else notice something like that?

Signature Image

Yakuru

Yakuru

Let's DDR!

My big bro has had a huge impact on my life. When I was a small child, he shoved a nintendo controller into my hand and taught me the ways of gaming. When I got older, his love of anime and Japanese culture started to rub off on me as well. 50% of what I am today has come from my brother's influence. He's done so much for me, I really owe him a lot. :)

Signature

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

Quote by HoltApparently younger siblings tend to be much more willing to go to great lengths to achieve what they want and fight for what they believe...
Does anyone else notice something like that?

I've noticed that a lot...I'm much more stubborn than both of my big brothers.

I'm the youngest of three, and the only girl; I'm really competitive when it comes to doing the same things as my brothers. They help me work harder, even though I feel like I'm sometimes being compared to them. They also tend to bring out the best in me...their opinions of me matter more than anyone else's (especially the one closer to my age). I really look up to my brothers...and I miss them being at home now (they're at college, and one's married). So that's my bit of info.

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

i don't have any siblings, but I do have cousins. I am the oldest in my family, so they all look up to me. I tried to do the right things, action is louder than words. The way I see it, I just follow my heart, if I do right to myself I will do right to others. That policy works for me all these years, so I suggest for those that tried to be a role model for others, become a role model for yourself first before trying to influence others. :) Beside if you don't have any confidence in yourself, why would others have any confidence in you.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by Mordini don't have any siblings, but I do have cousins. I am the oldest in my family, so they all look up to me. I tried to do the right things, action is louder than words. The way I see it, I just follow my heart, if I do right to myself I will do right to others. That policy works for me all these years, so I suggest for those that tried to be a role model for others, become a role model for yourself first before trying to influence others. :) Beside if you don't have any confidence in yourself, why would others have any confidence in you.

yeah, i'm also the oldest out of my cousins as well, I'm just the first to do everything! lol
When your the oldest, sometimes I think you are just born into being a role model, whether you want to be, or should be. But the younger ones must also make their own decisions, and have their own values. I suppose it all depends on who they look up to...

Signature

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

sorry about the double post .

-Dragus

Signature
-DragonKnight of the Flame Kingdom-

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

I am the oldest of four, a younger sister 15 and two younger borthers 9 and 1. At first u think this is going to suck u now have more people to deal with but then they seem to grow on ya, except when something went wrong then it sucked and what's the deal with everytime something went wrong it was my fault.

Signature
-DragonKnight of the Flame Kingdom-

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

skysong, you make a good point. The oldest one is the one most likely to set an example for the younger siblings. If the oldest one does bad things, the younger ones learn bad things, and vice versa. However, these days I am unable to see my young relatives because I'm in college, and I wish I could be with them.

Of course, there are more people I need to see, and hopefully my good experiences will rub off on them as well. ;)

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by melmachine18skysong, you make a good point. The oldest one is the one most likely to set an example for the younger siblings. If the oldest one does bad things, the younger ones learn bad things, and vice versa. However, these days I am unable to see my young relatives because I'm in college, and I wish I could be with them.
Of course, there are more people I need to see, and hopefully my good experiences will rub off on them as well. ;)

Well, even though you don't see your relatives very often, you most likely still left a good impact in their life, and they will remember you for it. :)

Signature

Zakero

Zakero

->^_^<-Cat-boY->^_^<-

I have a twin Brother that I hate soo much.
Is that normal?

Live or Anime
Live for Anime!!!
Do we watch Anime to live, or we live to watch Anime.
Signature

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by ZakeroI have a twin Brother that I hate soo much.Is that normal?

You hate your twin? That is very different, never heard of twins disliking eachother. I have a friend who has a twin, and they are very very close. She always says how its so different for twins..but i don't know how exactly its so different..oh well.

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by skysongWell, i feel up to a thoughtful thread, I guess Mel is rubbing off on me^^
Does having siblings affect your life at all? I have 2 younger sisters, and since I am the oldest, there is that unspoken law that I should be a good role model for them. And, believe me i do my best. I sometimes think of myself as the guinea pig, I go through everything first, and they learn from my mistakes. Any other oldest people feel this way?

i hear ya there! i have 2 younger brothers and a younger sister... being the oldest is hard because you have so much responsibility to be a good role model and help out... so much stress!

Signature Image

Anjeile

Anjeile

Dancing In The Storm

i'm the oldest among my siblings too, and among my cousins, i'm the second oldest. the eldest (boy) is just a year older than me.
yeah. like skysong says, as an older sibling, we tend to be looked upon as the role model for our younger siblings. i have a younger brother who is 15 and a sister who is 10. i love them a lot and although they annoy me (most of the time), we do have our tender moments (the kind that makes u go "aww"). like the time i had to go for a theological seminar for three weeks, a short 12-day vacation and a voluntary program for four weeks soon afterwards. before i went, he said: sis, i'm gonna miss u. it's gonna be boring here without u. then we hugged. whenever i call back home, the first thing he would he would say is: sis, i miss u a lot. then he proceeds to give me updates on other stuff (usually about his game and our cousins.) i was surprised and pleased. ^^ he actually missed me!
i try to help them to the best of my abilities and i am protective of them. if anyone messes with them, they mess with me.
we siblings are very close knit although my sister has different tastes from my brother and i. but what can i say? i love my siblings ^^

Signature

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by Anjeilei'm the oldest among my siblings too, and among my cousins, i'm the second oldest. the eldest (boy) is just a year older than me.
yeah. like skysong says, as an older sibling, we tend to be looked upon as the role model for our younger siblings. i have a younger brother who is 15 and a sister who is 10. i love them a lot and although they annoy me (most of the time), we do have our tender moments (the kind that makes u go "aww"). like the time i had to go for a theological seminar for three weeks, a short 12-day vacation and a voluntary program for four weeks soon afterwards. before i went, he said: sis, i'm gonna miss u. it's gonna be boring here without u. then we hugged. whenever i call back home, the first thing he would he would say is: sis, i miss u a lot. then he proceeds to give me updates on other stuff (usually about his game and our cousins.) i was surprised and pleased. ^^ he actually missed me!
i try to help them to the best of my abilities and i am protective of them. if anyone messes with them, they mess with me.
we siblings are very close knit although my sister has different tastes from my brother and i. but what can i say? i love my siblings ^^

aww, thats so cute that your bro missed you!^^ I ask my sisters if they miss me when i'm at college and they say 'not really' but they are joking...they better be joking!
naw, i'm kidding, we love eachother, its a sorta unspoken love, but its there and we're always there for eachother, no matter what. We don't always get along, but..sings 'we are family!' lol

Signature

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.