Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Programs Every Computer Should Have - Minitokyo

Programs Every Computer Should Have

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 30 total items

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

Digital art:
~ CorelDRAW 12 for vector art.
~ Photoshop 7/CS for bitmap art and image processing.
~ 3D Studio MAX 6 for 3D art.

Internet apps:
~ Moz. Firefox. What I liked the most is the extensions: they can turn your FF into the ultimate web browser in history (GNU Freeware).
~ IE, because interactive sites (banks, online classes, forums, communities, portals and shit like that) don't work with FF; there are also some sites that only look properly in ie.
~ Azureus, the best BT client. Heavy, but very reliable (GNU Freeware).
~ Shareaza, your best choice to download music (GNU Freeware).
~ WinMX to download music.
~ Soulseek to download music.
~ eMule++ to download any file (GNU Freeware).
~ Stream Down to download streaming media so you can see it properly on dial-up.
~ Flashget to download files via http/ftp.
~ Spybot SD and Ad-aware to delete spyware.
~ AceFTP.
~ Moz. Thunderbird to download pop3/imap mail.

Other:
~ IrfanView to browse thru pictures. Very light and much better than Image and Fax Viewer.
~ OpenOffice.org, the best office suite in my opinion. It's heavy, but not too little functions, not too much functions like Office 2003, just fine (GNU Freeware).
~ Winamp 5.
~ ZoomPlayer to play video.
~ Xp Codec Pack. It allowed me to watch properly some NG Evangelion videos a friend passed me.
~ PowerArchiver and Winrar to handle compressed shit.
~ Nero, the best CD burner. If you're an unfortunate Roxio user (or worse: fucking RecordNow XP ), I order you to get it no matter how!
~ Alcohol 120% to handle CD images. You can still get it on P2P programs.
~ PC Inspector File Recovery if you delete files accidentaly. Plus, it's the only free data recovery utility.
~ AVG as antivirus. It's free and, believe it or not, better than Norton!
~ Kerio Personal Firewall if you have broadband.

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

jhujhiti

Retired Moderator

jhujhiti

Bug Exterminator

I humbly submit three more:
eMule My 'classic' file sharing app of choice. It's yet to be attacked by the RIAA and has absolutely tons of stuff.
vim An improvement on UNIX's original vi editor, vim is perfect for programmers, but it's great for anyone really. The learning curve is steep at first, but once you get good with the commands, you'll never have to move your hand to the mouse which translates to a huge improvement in efficiency.
BitComet My Windows BitTorrent client of choice. It's simple, robust, and reliable. Also, I hate Java, so Azerus is useless to me.

**edit**
One more: OpenOffice.org THE replacement for microsoft office. Never lose your essay to instable software again!

**edit two**
Last one, I swear: VLC VLC - VideoLAN Client. This is a client for a great (not to mention open) streaming video/audio server. But it does much more than that. It'll play any format you can find and even plays corrupt, non-streaming types like all those bad pirated movies you love to download.

Great post Espritdumort. Where are the Games :D

"May the aquisition of wealth no longer be your driving force." - freshblueO2

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish." - Mother Teresa

amtcubus

amtcubus

Information is the key!

Programs i would recomend to use or simply to have on the PC ( i dont care if i add tools/progs some one recomended before :D ) :

Ad-Aware SE Personal
ZoomPlayer 4.10
Photo Impact ( sometimes more useful then Photo Shop :) )
WinAmp ( everybody needs the music :) )
LeechFTP ( never seen another FTP tool smaler then this one. just 1MB! )
Nero
Azureus ( Bittorrent Client. )
Panda Antivirus ( who needs anty spy tools when you can have it with your antivirus prog? ;) )
dc++ ( Direct Connect Client. the most popular. )
FireFox
VirtualDub ( when the video is to big ... just make it smal! :) )
o&o DiskRecovery ( uhhhh where are all my files gone >.< )
GSpot ( if you dont know wich codec the video is encoded with ... )
WinRAR ( my fav tool for erervy zip, rar, lzh, tar, gz ..... )

smal list, cause i dont see a need in wasting my diskspace with programms i hardly use once or twice ....

Fly to anywhere, my COSMO!!!

Signature

OuTMaN

Dita Liebely fan

Art:
Adobe Photoshop CS - 2d art
3DStudio Max 7 - 3d art

Video:
DivX 5.21 - the best codec for compressing anime
XviD newest - like divx, but has some bugs
Adobe Premier - for pro editing video
VirtualDub - for making great anime compresions

Audio:
Adobe Audition - editing sound program (thats the new name of CoolEdit)
BeSweet - converting ac3 to mp3, ogg

Other:
Nero - copy dvd,cd
ACDSee 7
Internet Explorer
Office 2003

Signature

The list has been updated with the programs I thought should be on there. The ones that didn't make the list, are ones that you need to pay for (with a few exceptions), like Photoshop, 3DStudio Max, Office 2003, o&o DiskRecovery, etc...

Also, I didn't put any file sharing clients on the list, such as eMule, because they are known for their illegal purposes. Bit Torrent clients, I've seen for more legit purposes, and that's why I included them on the list.

freshBlue02, I didn't put any games because most good games aren't free. And they are not necessarily needed.

I really liked the DC++ program, and the two rendering programs, Chaoscope and Apophysis , are also interesting. I wish the o&o Disk Recovery program was free, it looks like a nice tool to have.

Thanks for all the submissions! Keep them coming. ^_^

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 30 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.