Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Nintendo Revoultion, Nintendo DS, & The Legend of Zelda??? O_O - Minitokyo

Nintendo Revoultion, Nintendo DS, & The Legend of Zelda??? O_O

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Got some more news for ya, peeps! ;) Okay, we all seem to believe the Nintendo company is struggling to survive the fight between Sony and Microsoft, but the bombshell Satoru Iwata & Reggis made on March 10 was a doosy! x_x They announced that their new system, The Revolution, will be backwards compatible which means you get to play Gamecube games on the new system! Also, it will support Wi-Fi technology, which now means the big N is now going online wirelessly, baby! XD As for the DS, Iwata states that the online service will begin later this year and "Animal Crossing DS" will be the first game to introduce the online feature! Like the Revolution, it will support Wi-Fi technology and can connect all over the world via hot-spots and internet cafes! Think U had enough news, well get this! Nintendo also showed a new trailer for ther highly anticipated game, "The Legend of Zelda", as well as new screenshots of the man in green! XD More of this bombshell of an info can be found on this one link, courtesy of Nintendo.com, as well as links to the trailer and screenshots of "The Legend of Zelda"! Hasta manana, MT! XD

Revolution, DS, The Legend of Zelda

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I guess Nintendo has their means of coming back from the dead. If they can get some more RPG games for the consoles, then everything would be perfect. However, I'm short on cash. Damn. >.<

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

buggydude

buggydude

Now comes with 90% more fondue!

yeah i already new all of that. i can't wait for the new zelda it was a big mistake to make windwaker cell shaded. i didn't like the new look at all so i'm glad its going back to basics. its about frickin time for it to be online also. another nintendo stupid factor was not making the cube online capable. i mean its been around since the dreamcast come on ur a little late arent'cha. At least they made the smart move of making the revolution backwards compatible. Nintendo has some good games and everything but they made some huge mistakes. i mean think about it. we might never experience metroid prime one and two online ever unless they release them with that capability for the revolution as well as other online worthy games for the cube. I much prefer the ps2 and xbox to the cube but it does have enough titles for me to buy one when the new zelda comes out. ce'st la vie

Renegade Nuns on Wheels

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Buggy, The windwakers graphics were awesome. And i still prefer them over most games. Sure, the new graphics look great and all, but its nothing like the whimsical Wind Waker. Also, nintendo didnt want to have an online service, because they actually care about each and everyone of their costumers, and know that not each of them has uber fast speeds (yay dial up).

For the concerns about online games. Nintendo is already going to release an online version of Metriod Prime... Ever heard of MP:Hunters for the DS? Yeah...its pretty much the same thing as the originals. Nintendo isnt one to really follow trends. They could have easily made the N64 a disc driven system, but they decided not to, and to make them cartidges, which i still prefer n_n

Anyways, I dont know how i feel about the WiFi Revolution... Ive never been one for online games...But, good for Nintendo

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Nintendo was never dead XD they were just going through a bad patch. :) Thanks for the info on the revolution, it's good to know it will be backwards compatable.

And the new trailer of Zelda a saw a few days ago o___o talk about owning every single game I have ever seen.

Signature

Wow.. XD I've always been a fan of Zelda, though have never played a game. x_x I. Am. Getting. That. Game.

Thanks for the heads-up! ;)

Mindslice

Maniacal Bunny Lord

Hmm, I've never thought that Nintendo was dying. I tbelieve that they're still pretty strong in the video game franchise.

Dont get me wrong, Im all for nintendo have a peice of the pie, but after seeing so many console companies bury them selves, i'll believe it when i see it. Sega/atari/NEC, all have at one point been a success (or moderate success) with consoles then have fallen and never been able to pick them selves back up again. Heres hopin, but without good 3rd party devs, they will die.

Up here in Canada doin what I hate so I can do the stuff I love the rest the time.

Quote by syncrosDont get me wrong, Im all for nintendo have a peice of the pie, but
after seeing so many console companies bury them selves, i'll believe
it when i see it. Sega/atari/NEC, all have at one point been a success
(or moderate success) with consoles then have fallen and never been
able to pick them selves back up again. Heres hopin, but without good
3rd party devs, they will die.

True, third party supprot is a necessity for Nintendo, but the reason the company didn't kick the bucket is because of their strong first party franchises and the GBA! We'll just have to wait until E3 2005 and see what Nintendo is bringing to their booth, I guess! :)

amybraska

amybraska

The weak shall inherit nothing!

cool wireless anything wireless is good.right?DS is awsome.the touch pad and the two screens,and the two slots for it GBA and for the DS games.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -William Shakespear

ChinoMareno

ChinoMareno

This is a girl in the picture

Nintendo hasn't announced anything about revolution that the other two haven't, they also didn't show any graphics of the new console however commented that it would be 2-3 times more powerful :\ sounds like a piss poor effort there, its been 5 years how can it only be 2-3 times better! And the market will not give a crap about animal crossing online (even if its fun). The new Zelda looks awsome, thats all that was half interesting. 1 good announcement for 2005.

Aside from that, who really cares if the new console is more powerful? even if 2-3 times better could be considered significant, who really cares if mario has more polygons? Mario and all those allstars characters can be done perfectly on GC, is there a reason to move to another generation if all you are characters made out of 3 spheres.

Nintendo need to stop kissing their own asses and make some actual innovations game and hardware wise. ( DS is innovative but still too lame, i don't want to play with toilet paper in wario)

ps they screwd mario kart up royally with sand box battle mode maps.

Your avatar is an image which reflects your personality or an aspect of it. Minitokyo recommends against putting a female avatar if you are a male, and likewise for the other gender.

The thing that has me a bit disappointed is the fact that Nintendo didn't get that detailed with Revolution. All I got that it was a next-gen, wireless online capability, backwards compatibility, and the ability to dl classic NES, snes, and N64 games. There was nothing else about games for the Revolution itself or about any of its details (controller?). Guess the big brightside about this is I don't have to play (s)nes emulators anymore. *shhhhhhhhh* :)

Other than that, Twilight Princess is going to own everything. Heck, I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan and I plan on going to get ffxii when it comes out. But that'll be the second game I get. Zelda wil always reign supreme, imho.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.