Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Should posters take their posts seriously? - Minitokyo

Should posters take their posts seriously?

page 1 of 1 15 total items

FallenAngel

FallenAngel

dead 12/28/08

here is the link.
I found this in another forum and was interested in how you guys would answer. Do you think it's right to say things that you wouldn't say to someone in front of their face just because you're hiding behind a screen?

Edit:Fixed the link.

the URL didn't work..

I dunno. I go both ways on that...

mmm, marshmallow.

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Cara

Wow, I don't know who to feel sorry for in the article...they shouldn't have made fun of her.... she shouldn't have killed anyone.....

I don't think its right to make fun of someone or verbally abuse them. That is being a coward because you are hidden behind your computer screen and in your comfort zone. What those girls did was wrong, and thats the great thing about having Mod. - they will make sure nothing like that happens here.

Now, sometimes it is easier to tell people your feelings from online. I'm kinda shy when it comes to telling a guy my feelings and I would much rather tell him in an email or on AIM than to his face (especially when I don't know the reaction he will have) Also sometimes it is easier to talk things out from online, less chance of getting hurt either way.

Signature

I think thats wrong, I'm always nicer on the computer then face to face or at school ya know.

raging_otter

Not In

hey its good to find out what your friend says about you behind your back *ahem
look on the bright side, you will know what kind of a person your friend is
just dont go and kill him/her if the comment cuts through your feeling or something...

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

wow that is an interesting story. Talking about someone behind there back is not a good thing to do, but I am pretty sure everyone is guilty of it in one form or another. Just be sure the person you talk about isn't mentally unstable and goes around killing pople over it :)

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

FallenAngel

FallenAngel

dead 12/28/08

What I think is even more disturbing is how old she is. This for some reason reminds me of Narutaru when the kids bullied hiro-chan if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

You have to keep in mind that this IS the internet, but still the honorable/right thing to do is at least try to be serious in areas where other people might take offense with certain things you say.

That girl has serious problems...nothing said about you online (with the possible exception of all your personal info, SSN, bank acct #s etc) gives you the right to kill another person, especially when the comments made were so superficial. Society is going to hell in a handbasket and we can only sit on the sidelines and watch, praying that our kids don't make the same mistakes we did.

@ fallen angel
that was probably one of the most disturbing anime episodes I have ever seen..but so closely related to this topic that it's freaky...I wish they had finished Narutaru

Three things are certain in this life...
Death, Taxes, and Horrible Dubs!

Rex

Rex

Fafner Pilot

well.....im *usually* nicer when im posting......
im quite shy normally......but there is a bit of comfort zone behind the screen...........

now...if those ppl said those things rite infront of her.....wouldn't the result be the same?

CGE

Quote by Rexnow...if those ppl said those things rite infront of her.....wouldn't the result be the same?

I'm inclined to agree with you on that.

It's disturbing that she could kill her classmate so casually but I do wonder why no one picked up on her emotional/mental instability especially since she had written a fan fiction based on Battle Royale. Maybe parents need to keep a closer eye on their children these days since they (the kids) are exposed to so much more media (through the Internet, television, etc.) than before.

Back on-topic, I think that regardless of whether you're chatting or interacting with people online or IRL, you should always be courteous and think before you speak/type/post.

Onaka ga suki mashita. ~_~

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

:O im speechless...im never posting on the forum ever again! xD

KohakuXP

Neutral

Different people have different actions. o_O

Im always passive and peaceful in school.

Chickomon

Chickomon

The Dog of War

yeah, that's pretty fucked up. i'd never take anything that serious. i'm quite passive and laid back (sagatarious thing???).

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
-- Wernher von Braun

Usagi

Usagi

hentai, I like.

Quote by KohakuXPDifferent people have different actions. o_O
Im always passive and peaceful in school.

how true. people are different. if we're not then why are we here for?

Hmm...a case of extremly hurt pride. Thank goodness that dosen't really happen too often. In my opinion, ppl should be nice to other ppl anywhere anytime. But that dosen't always happen as we just saw....

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.