Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Tribes Vengeance - Minitokyo

Tribes Vengeance

page 1 of 1 9 total items

This game has been out for a while. Great graphics. A lot of Tribes players may dislike it, because it will seem more restrictive, but a Renegades mod will be coming out for it in the near future (a few months), which will increase the fan base a lot.

I was wondering if anyone played. If so, what armor class or weapon to your prefer? Are there certain tactics you use?

I prefer a light armor type, shield pack, disc launcher, grenade launcher, and sniper rifle. It works well with most situations, and gives me the most freedom of movement.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

My friend played that game back in the old days like there was no tomorrow. lol

I've heard of it, but I never played Tribes here, so count me out.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Holt

Holt

pffft

I tried playing this. It was ok at the start but it got really really boring and repetitive in single player mode. I didn't get the chance to play online so I don't know about that.
Graphics are better than the previous tribes games but what really pissed me off is how my jetpack randomly stops working or refuses to start even at full energy which makes me very bad at manouvering. I never had this problem in Tribes 2 so there's nothing wrong with my equipment.

Signature Image

I played Single Player mode, then got stuck on some insanely stupid part (defending four satallites against assault ships, tanks, and foot solders), and gave up. I play only multiplayer now. New maps are slowly coming out, which will make things nicer.

I would suggest a reinstall of the game and try multiplayer, you'll like it a lot better.

I really loved Tribes 1, never really played Tribes 2 b/c when it first came out it was full of bugs and by the time they patched it I never got back into it.

On the Tribes Vengeance note, I do play it and it is pretty good. Nothing compaired to the renegades for Tribes 1, but what can you say for strictly base.

Like Espritdumort said, they are going to bring out a Ren mod for this, and I am absolutely can't wait for that day. This mod is going to bring the game back to life, they have big team of coders and mappers working on this mod. They are going to re-do a lot of the originals maps.

First I will say that in Renegades I am almost stricly use "engineering armor". With this I can put down D and at the same time snipe with the rail gun. At one point in Broadsite (T1) I took on a team of four against me and won the match. Rail gun is so great.

Anyways, in TV base, I prefer to use the light armor with the energy pack, disk launcher, chain gun and laser riffle. I will switch to shield pack if there are alot of snipers on the level, but I feel energy pack gives me the ability to chase down flag cappers alot better.

i also take advantage of the fighters whenever possible if our team is getting hammered on. I am pretty skilled and once dueled two fighters at once, coming out alive to then kill the flag capper.

I don't like how they changed the mines from T1, they are to easy to spot and you only have a limited amount of thim. It was so nice to spawn with 3 every time you were killed. Made people much more cautious.

I will have to say that I tried single player for a bit and it did get borning so I also only play multiplayer.

Anyone have a favorite T1, T2, or TV map?
-For T1 I would have to say Broadside or Sacrabe.
-For TV I would have to say the level with the lake in the center and flag stand in the tower to the side (don't know their names to well yet).

What are your thoughts on the grappler?
-I hate that it has unlimited health, if you have a skilled person they can grapple from the cieling in the "caves" level and they are almost unkillable. This is b/c no splash damage can hurt them and they are swinging so much they are hard to hit with anything but chaingun and maybe burner if you get close enough. They need to patch this and put a health restriction on the rope.

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Used to play both Light Defense and Capper roles... was fun, then my dorm set up a damn proxy and I couldn't play that anymore. But it was really really fun... I was in an italian clan with the same guys from Italy's national team of Tribes (the ones who kicked USA's butt at Tribes 2 World Cup in 2002 XD, I still have the audio commentary of that match :D). I hope I'll get to play it again (trying to bypass the proxy somehow) because it's really an addictive game :)

Ah a fellow Vengeance player.

The reason why I use a shield pack is because of the mortars. Or if I am capping. With a shield pack, you can fly through mines or survive a mortar shell, and also get a nice post from it.

Since I've only played t.v., I'd have to say the Arena map is one of my favorites for some reason, it seems I do the best in that one, or Fort.

Ugh, grappler sucks, once that patch comes out for it, those grapplers won't be a hassle anymore.

Wow that would have been awsome to be part of a National Clan, yeh the game can get a little addictive, esp. the Renegades versoin. Played every day for hours on end. Was great fun.

Arena can get pretty excitting if you have a good team. If not then you get those lights that just grapple and flag grab. You need some people on constant D and flag chassers ready to go.

It's nice when you have a good team, or at least, two good teams, so it one side isn't demolishing the other. That's why I usually find clan servers, because the clan mates will play against each other, which works out sometimes.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.