Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Educational System - Minitokyo

Educational System

page 1 of 1 11 total items

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

ever since i found out that Celessa got out of high school at the age of 14...which was a while ago...i started wondering about the educational system that MT members have gon through

where i am the system is as follows...
Elementry/Grade School---Pre-K/Kinder to 6th
Middle School-------------7th to 8th
High School---------------9th to 12th
and so on and so on....

SealedSorrow

SealedSorrow

Happiness

Well as long as you have a job which can last you forever till its time for your retirement and earn you alot of money... It doesnt really matter when you get out of school...

Wont you let me see what Real Happiness Trully is...
Because if this is Happiness then I want more...
I know its selfish...
But have you ever felt so much Pain...
When will you understand that the why sun dont shine through my window...
And when will you understand that I am not really what I seem...
And When will you understand I been Wishing for you to be Happy Forever...

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

where i'm from it's:
elementary: k-4
middle school: 5-8
high school: 9-12

Signature Image

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

What the pocky? lol

Hold on a sec? When was there a thread like this for me? **Taps her temple** Hehe.
I graduated here in Canada, and moved to Japan about 3 years ago.
Where I'm from,

Elementary and Middle School: Junior K. to Grade 8.
High School: Grade 9 to OAC. [That was back then - now the system is Grade 9 to Grade 12]

For me, my education was simple.

Elementary: Started school when I was 5. Finished Grade 8 when I was 12 years old. I skipped Grades 4 and 5 just like that.

Secondary High School: Started at 12 years old, completed Grade 9.
Transferred to another high school: Started Grade 10 when I was 13, Graduated past OAC when I was 14. I nearly turned 15 that April, so lucky me. This would have been a 4 to 5 year span. I beat it in two-and-a-half years.

I skipped Grade 11 because it got too easy, and I never had to take Grade 12 much often because my OAC was covering for me there, and getting the credits meant instant graduation and permission to go to any university of my choice - considering the average given by the bars each educational school board raises. The professor and Dean of the UCLS Mathematical Department saw me excel in my acadamic progression of studies and gave me special permits to go to gifted scholastic classes. I denied his request and decided to fast-track instead, which was my other choice - so he gave me the pre-requisites I needed to skip the grades in order to take the OAC credits I always wanted. Hence, I graduated high school just before I turned 15 here - around early April.

Right now, I'm a first year university student since I started entering university this year, and I'm taking a couple second year courses this coming September. lol - I took two years off right after high school to enjoy the sights of Japan, and live the life I've always dreamed of - its nice to take some time off, really, and I'm enjoying it as it comes.

And now you know.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

hehe many universities in the US do have undergraduate acceptences but usually not for those under 16..unless your really gifted or just a genious.. XD

skipping grades is a bit out of the ordinary though...that usually requires extra work and studying of course but its worth it in the end sometimes

i've gotten the option of graduation this year...most of my friends already think im a genious..in math and science at least..and i did score pretty well on the math part of the psats...99% XD too bad my mastery over the english lanugage isn't goin as well as i hoped for or else i might have actually choosen to graduate this year..oh well i rather have the full experience of highschool anyways..

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

I recently found out from my sister that I had a chance to skip a few grades in elementary school...she never told me about it though...I think she said something about it being better if I was with kids that were around my own age...

Oh well...what's in the past can't be changed now, can it?

Kais

Kais

The Dragon Killer

u know whats weird? That people who take spanish or any other foreign togue useally get better grades in them that in english. My cousin takes spanish and english and he got an A in spanish,while getting a F in english. UR speaking IT YET U GET A !@#$ing F IN it!!! WHAT ARE YOU? AN idiot!?!? :angry:

I dont know why im here......on this world.My lifes going in the wrong direction already and theres nothing any1 can do about it................except me.But maybe I dont want to go in the so called "RIGHT" direction,maybe this is the route im supposed to go alone or with some1 I care about.But theres no1 I care about...................so destined to go alone. "Blood stains the grass as the two warriors clash."
"Metal meets with metal"
"The fight goes on through the night"
"Both of them will never see day light" "Life goes on with or without you........remember that"

Quote by Kaisu know whats weird? That people who take spanish or any other foreign togue useally get better grades in them that in english. My cousin takes spanish and english and he got an A in spanish,while getting a F in english. UR speaking IT YET U GET A !@#$ing F IN it!!! WHAT ARE YOU? AN idiot!?!? :angry:

It's usually cuz they curve foreign languages more. It's way harder to get an A in English then in say, French.

Be Free and Masturbate

MadTeaParty

Madam

Hey, English is a hard language. There's at least twenty billion exceptions to each rule (exaggeration). The only reason I speak it well is because I learned it in a country where it's the secondary language.

For me, I went to preschool at 5 I imagine (17 years old in the 12th grade).
Elementary school: K-5
Middle school: 6-8
High school-9-12

I moved to another state/country almost every 2 years of my life, but a majority of the schools I went to followed that system. A weird thing about my high school was that it was on a college campus so now that I actually AM in college, I'll be graduating a couple of years early because of all my credits that transfer from college classes during high school.

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

Don't forget about irregular verbs. The only way to learn them is by heart.

As for Spanish, it's also a very tough language. Each verb has about 30 conjugations, 12 rules to determine where accents go, 100 spelling rules... maybe what's easy is the pronunciation, because most letters have always the same pronunciation: the R, for example, is a Japanese R between 2 vowels, and a Russian R when not between vowels, or when you find a "rr" between 2 vowels (like "encerar" and "cerrar"... see?). To make yourself an idea, they teach it until the first 2 half years of high school.

By the way, now that I mentioned high school, Mexico's educational levels are these:
~ 3 years of "preescolar", kindergarten, starting from age 3.
~ 6 years of "primaria", or elementary, starting from 6.
~ 3 years of "secundaria", or high school, starting from 12. There's no middle school here.
~ 3 years of "preparatoria", or college, starting from 15.
~ 4-5 years of university, starting from age 18.
~ 2-3 years of master after you clear the university.
~ 2-3 years of Ph. D once you clear the master.

College comes here in 3 flavors:
* General: straightforward, all-around, normal college education.
* Technical: you skip the university and get your professional technician title.
* Specialized: you choose an area. Subjects, at least in my school, are 4 standard and 4 different: physics, programming, drawing and philosophy for engineers; health, chemistry, psychology and epistemology for medics and biologists; management, programming, economy and philosophy for managers; laws, literature, epistemology and psychology for human sciences. This leads to something interesting: math and physics are so shunned by students, they stay away from the engineering group, and enter the human science groups, even if they have to read 100 weekly pages written by people under heavy drugs; to them, that's a small price to pay for less math and no physics.

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Quote by Kaisu know whats weird? That people who take spanish or any other foreign
togue useally get better grades in them that in english. My cousin
takes spanish and english and he got an A in spanish,while getting a F
in english. UR speaking IT YET U GET A !@#$ing F IN it!!! WHAT ARE you?
an idiot!?!? :angry:

lol, that is srot of true for me too...
not as bad as your cousin though. Spanish- A- (90.0) English- A- (89.6) :nya:
they're still pretty close either way

Quote by MadTeaPartyHey, English is a hard language. There's at least twenty billion
exceptions to each rule (exaggeration). The only reason I speak it well
is because I learned it in a country where it's the secondary language.
For me, I went to preschool at 5 I imagine (17 years old in the 12th
grade).
Elementary school: K-5
Middle school: 6-8
High school-9-12
I moved to another state/country almost every 2 years of my life, but a
majority of the schools I went to followed that system. A weird thing
about my high school was that it was on a college campus so now that I
actually AM in college, I'll be graduating a couple of years early
because of all my credits that transfer from college classes during
high school.

it does seem like there are too many rules for each part of english, now that i think about it
it must've been hard moving so much
and now that i think about my past...i didn't go to pre-K...

Quote by DaNukeDon't forget about irregular verbs. The only way to learn them is by
heart.
As for Spanish, it's also a very tough language. Each verb has about 30
conjugations, 12 rules to determine where accents go, 100 spelling
rules... maybe what's easy is the pronunciation, because most letters
have always the same pronunciation: the R, for example, is a Japanese R
between 2 vowels, and a Russian R when not between vowels, or when you
find a "rr" between 2 vowels (like "encerar" and "cerrar"... see?). To
make yourself an idea, they teach it until the first 2 half years of
high school.

that is true...i hate having to remember all the conjugations and accents
remembering the spelling rules is pretty hard for me since there are so many...man those quiz scores...

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.