Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 have you seen Constantine? Your opinion - Minitokyo

have you seen Constantine? Your opinion

page 1 of 1 9 total items

what do you think of this movie? i really enjoy seing it ! and you?

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

i was very content with with this movie.
it was never boring and had good ideas
i liked the new interpretation of the devil - different from ohter movies

I have to agree. The devil as a mob boss was really cool. This movie is basically a secular version of catholism and how they battle demons and stuff. LOL. I liked how he flicked off the devil. That was great!

Signature

albion

albion

Feeder of Ravens

Quote by OykotinimI have to agree. The devil as a mob boss was really cool. This movie is
basically a secular version of catholism and how they battle demons and
stuff. LOL. I liked how he flicked off the devil. That was great!

Great adaptation from the comic book(though the movie Constantine is way nicer than the one in the comic) great special effects and nice twists, though I've gotten a bit tired of seeing Archange Gabriel as the villian. There are other angels, you know?
anyway, I give it a grade of 9
wunjo!!

I'm not lazy, I'm Zen

TW12T3D

TW12T3D

Anxiously Waiting . . .

the second best movie ive seen. the first being harold and kumar go to white castle. that was a good movie. but yes constantine was a really good movie. ive seen it 5 times. becasuse nothing else looked really good. ill buy it the day it comes out.

There was a comic? o.O
anyway, it was pretty good, nice concepts but I didn't understand a couple of things...

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Quote by albion

Quote by OykotinimI have to agree. The devil as a mob boss was really
cool. This movie is
basically a secular version of catholism and how they battle demons and
stuff. LOL. I liked how he flicked off the devil. That was
great!

Great adaptation from the comic book

Sorry to say it but it's quite the contrary... the adaptation sucked. I liked the movie but the Constantine of the movie is totally different from the comic book. totally. I still liked it though, whereas some of my friends who read Hellblazer as well considered this movie quite poorly because of adaptation, and they can't be blamed. Some example: in the comic book Constantine is an english man, and lives in london. Chaz (the taxi driver) is not a kid but it's a 50+ years old drunk english man, a big one in size. Other difference, the Constantine of the comic book sucks at fighting and he doesn't have any special weapon/magical powers besides the one that allows him to see demons and angels, the only way for him to defeat them is to fool them with lies and dialogues. That's what the Constantine of the comic book is, a very smart (and cunning) liar. And these are just a very few of the differences. Yet I still consider this a nice movie (I woiuldn't have it in my signature if I disliked it :)) since this Constantine is still a very interesting character and personality though he's totally different from the comic's one. Other fans of the comic were mad for this adaptation, but I wasn't since I always tend to analyze comics/books and movies separetely.

otaku4eva

otaku4eva

B.O.W

Well, I though it was good, but they sort of failed in the aspect of making the world that they exist in believable. Also Reves, I though was acting like he was Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harrry. The way he delivered his lines in that low, almost whisper way, that Harry uses a lot. But that's what I think.

Quote by otaku4evaWell, I though it was good, but they sort of failed in the aspect of making the world that they exist in believable. Also Reves, I though was acting like he was Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harrry. The way he delivered his lines in that low, almost whisper way, that Harry uses a lot. But that's what I think.

i think it's the way to express cynisme... plus, the voice is normal for someone who smokes like him ! you haven't noticed that smokers are like that too?
i didn't know the movie was an adaptation of a comics but i was wondering where i had heard the title before !!!
i really appreciated this movie, it was a good time watching it ! i started this thread because when i watched the movie, me and my boyfriend were the only one to laugh in the all room !!! now, i think the watchers didn't understand the movie or didn't possess any sens of humour !!!

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.