Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you like characters base on their appearence or personality? - Minitokyo

Do you like characters base on their appearence or personality?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

riku-chan

riku-chan

The One

Well, there are tons of people who like anime characters based on their looks but I feel personality is rather important in a character as well. ^^ You can't really appreciate the depth and individuality of a character if you only look towards their exterior.. what are your opinions on this?

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Sadly, I have to say "yes". Yes to which? Appearance or Personality? Both. Just like in real life, if a persons look turns you off, you're not going to like being with said person for long periods of time, even if they have a good personality. And if a cute person has a super rotten personality, I'd avoid them and their negative personality like the plague.

juliechan

UchiWa fan

i base myself on look first but then developp with the personality. usually, the character got the same personnality then his appearence. Cute anime boy are usually, nice and a little bit shy. the one who look happy going usually are that way. For anime and manga, look and appearence are mostly related :)

When life put you down you have to get up with style!
Quand la vie te fou a terre faut savoir se relever en beaute!

juliechan aka. Miss Dante

I personally like the personality of a chracter rather than the looks. I mean they can real good looking but the personaliy of the charcter is so poor makes you hate them. For me good looks is just a plus nothing more nothing less.

Jinpun

Jinpun

The one and only

I go for actions. I judge a character on how he/she acts throughout the series. This is one reason that while I liked sasuke for his looks, I simply cannot agree with his actions (in these most recent eps and later in the manga), therefore I do not like him.

However, I will not lie, but I have been less strict on more attractive characters when it comes to forgiving them for doing something stupid...

Signature

At first I judge by appearance, but then if I end up hating their personality, then well. Most characters in anime look good, so if someone like a character just on looks, it'd be kind of rare to have one they didn't like, or so I think.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

If it's a character, I would go for appearances first. In real life, however, don't make that mistake if you come across a person with a great personality. I learned from it, and now I have a person I love.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

HamsterJohn

HamsterJohn

Defender of ur Mom

The have be exuding of awesomeness. But overall yeah their personality. Like Shinji (from eva) look ok but when I realize he's a little pussy boi I wanted him replaced immediately.

000011111 11110000111 000111 111 111 !!!!oneone one

Stop wasting the internet!

MOnTieL

MOnTieL

(PrV)

ahhh..........welll..maybe those things mixed make a great character......or i dont know

Signature

Still being the King of all the perverts in Minitokyo....

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

both! :D i like some characters cuz they look sooo cool, but mainly i like characters because of their personality.

Signature Image

Kiako

Kiako

the shadow

well i must say both^^ but if i would have to choose i would say that because of their personality.

kazuki05

Another supernumerary..

I would look for personality first... naturally you like the characters with personalities similar to yours or something you'd want to look up to. Looks are a bonus... but personality brings the character to life.

Generally, main characters in anime are good-looking and have a relateable personality..

"The stronger someone appears on the outside, the weaker they are in reality."

if i'm looking for wallpapers or other pics- appearance > *
in the actual show... a mix of the personality and the voice acting. which means i hate every single character on 4kids.

---I'm going to live forever. so far, so good.---

In anime, lots of them look alike.....so i have to say the way they dress/ appearance and personality are both important. But if i had to choose between one of them, I have to say neutral since appealing girls get attention and girls with great personality also attract as well.....O.o

Well.. usually, I go for looks until/unless there's some serious character development (which i always love to read~<3). :) For example, my favourite character in Prince of Tennis is Yukimura Seiichi, because he's a pretty boy, delicate (in every sense of the word) and has an enchanting voice. Even though he gets something like three minutes of total screentime.

However on the contrary, my all-time favourite anime character is Hikaru no Go's Isumi Shinichirou, who is possibly the plainest 18-year-old male ever created. :) But his character's sweet kindness is absolutely heart-melting.

WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

~Title eh?~ *evil*

I say both. My opinion is mostly on appearance though. Well, the appearance is what attracts you to look but you wouldn't like it if that character is a jerk.

Both, obviously. (I'm sure most people are like that of course)

For example, miyazaka yukino's character design isn't really special, but her character makes her one of my all time favorites.

On the other hand, in Da Capo, my fav character is Nemu due to looks, but thats because it is another one of those bishoujo anime packed with bishoujo-game standard characters that are petty uninteresting.

If something is drawn in "realistic style", I'm less picky about looks. For example manjin in the blade of immortal can not be considered good looking, but he still pwnz all.

Seig Jion....Seig Jion

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

:nya: i like a character with personality and appareance because the appareance supports the personality :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya:

member of : [ecchi-club]

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

chibikko

chibikko

chibigaki

you mean anime, don't you? not real life xD? ah well the appearence, because i like evil and good, and the evil ones have the worst personality. so the appearence is very important just as the character design is more important to me than the story itself. i'm so shallow xD

both. how they look is what will give me certain (conscious or subconscious) prejudices about them...how they act may or may not change my opinion...

maiku-chan

maiku-chan

Nippon no furiku

Appearence.

i think the appearance because u just have to have a character that looks good rite? lol

Signature
oh yah?
can u say, GS/GSD fan crazy? yes u can. =]

LastDeuS

LastDeuS

-=Archangel down at heel=-

Actually I first look at their appearence since that Is what is permitted to stare at the beginning but is just a matter of time to identify myself with it and commence to look for what I really like in ther personalities though they are just that and i'ts very clear xD

Every Game is Fair......
if everyone is tricked at the same time ^_^

Spare my poor English.

i like anime characters that both have good looks, and good personality!
Well, based from what i've seen, the good looking anime characters mostly have good personalities as well...^^
but i think that kawaii or pretty looks of an anime character would still attract me more!^^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.