Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why do they always add sound effects to explosions in space? - Minitokyo

Why do they always add sound effects to explosions in space?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

You see this a lot in big movies, explosions added in space. Though, there is no sound in space, but you still hear an explosion. Why oh why?

It's kind of funny. o_O

I think there could be several reasons:
1. many people don't know sound doesn't propagate in space
*~: why when that planet exploded it didn't have sound?

2. it just adds to the feeling of the movie
*~: WOW! and when the planet exploded! BOOOM!

anyway, it's funny when you know there's no sound in space and still they put it there!

bloodguardkeshik

bloodguardkeshik

Until my next post...

All for dramatics. I had entered into a movie making contest awhile back, and I refused to put sound into my space scenes. I could it tell bored a lot of people (maybe I should of added some really dramatic music like in 2001: A Space Odyssey)

Also, a lot of people do not know about the sound, just like what shimon said.

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

:o to add dramatism :o

member of : a perver....err ...[ecchi-club]

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

I would have to agree it is a mater of drama / norm. If a new movie came out with no sound in the space scenes then people would criticize it saying the director left something out or it was not interesting to watch.

Everyone likes to hear the laser beams shotting all over the place when there is a huge battle going on, even though there is no sound in reality.

Kiako

Kiako

the shadow

so that i don't fall asleep because i'm bored...........joke
well whenever there is an explosion there is a boom! and so they just ignore the fact that there is no sound in space.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

It cracks me up, but than again look at all the things that defy the laws in anime. Its rather hilarious.

http://www.abcb.com/laws/index.htm

Heres a rather humerous site that I found that explains some of these amazing things.

Quote by From the Anime Cafe#3

Law of Sonic Amplification, First Law of Anime Acoustics

In space, loud sounds, like explosions, are even louder because there is no air to get in the way.

Signature Image

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

It is silly, but its pretty much for the drama effect. Watching a planet blow up without a sound would seem pretty weird to watch, even if that's how it would happen in real life. But hey, its the movies, they can do whatever they want! XD

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.