Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do You Feel A Lot Of Pressure Coming Off From Your Own School? - Minitokyo

Do You Feel A Lot Of Pressure Coming Off From Your Own School?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

I wanted to ask about this because I believe there should be a general line where you should take it easy, relax, and enjoy your life for once, while at the same time, learning to a point where it can benefit you a lot in the long run.

However, I realized that by achieving higher marks, it makes it that much more difficult to maintain such good grades. You have to add more commitment to the table and pump it out constantly, which can be somewhat unhealthy at times here when you just don't feel like it. You constantly keep biting off more than you can chew, as they used to say.

Then your parents constantly tell you to keep doing the best you can, and push you even beyond your limits thinking its okay - and the atmosphere from which school you go to can be a little bit harsh at times perhaps, that you kind of wish you weren't really in school to all that quite honest.

Suddenly the constant tests, the immediate cramming of your studies, and tons and tons of homework rushing by. Projects to be completed and handed by the end of the due dates and the sorts. Things that keep piling up and demand that you do work, work, and more work around here - some which can be considered a little too overwhelming.

-----------------

So the ultimate question is, how much pressure does school give off to you within your everyday lifestyle?
Do you take your education in school seriously at all?
Do you necessarily think that school is adding a little too much stress within your own life, at times?
And would you necessarily sacrifice good grades for a little more fun, actually?

Feel free to answer any one of these questions here as you please. I don't mind it at all. Thanks for taking the time to read over and respond, as usual. **Bows**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Seeing as I am only in my first year, the pressure isn't too great, but I can see it increasing in the future. I do see what you're saying though, sometimes I do wish I could just get rid of all the stress involved with education and go somewhere to enjoy myself.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by Aa-chanSeeing as I am only in my first year, the pressure isn't too great, but
I can see it increasing in the future. I do see what you're saying
though, sometimes I do wish I could just get rid of all the stress
involved with education and go somewhere to enjoy myself.

Yeah - actually I found the first year the most stressful since I'm still kind of new at this thing. but its been decreasing over time because I am getting more used to it now. Funny - but still - I agree, that there's a less incentive to learning and sometimes you feel as if you want to just drop it and move on. That's why I take interesting courses to help me keep my willingness to learn at an all-time high.

And I also learned another thing - I've been more humble pulling with lower grades this time around. I don't think school should apply too much stress to your life, especially when they bell-curve your grades to the point where they want you to fail unless you really try your hardest. I did pay a good amount of money for school, but I don't want to spend more if its going to rather hurt me than help me learn around here. No way. lol

Thanks for the comment Aa-chan. Oh, and bless you. **Hands him a tissue** You've been sneezing for quite a while now. Hehe.

Money is a concern, but so is life itself, so I tend to be extra careful about these things here.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

i dont know, but if anything, school's taking chunks off of my time. due to it, i can't really socialize as much as i want to, and i can't keep up with my hobbies, such as walling and moderating MT. but hey, school's like a job, so i can't really complain.

ryannzha

ryannzha

Untitled1

..................................................!! :hmpf: no-way u can understand me..!!

Purely Indonesianese , Need Criticz W.C.C
Signature

Sorry Guyz..i'm 2 damn buzy lately .. all i can do is....... -

Ryan19

Ryan19

Return of ME

1st year of going to school is the most strange environment . Due to the changes of people's behaviour against education. I hate studyingXD but i just luv drawing!!!! As like what Sammo said, "schools like a job" which over-stress our mind. So why not do drawings to release stress!!! Baka sensei!!!! only know how to get us into messy homework= = my bad... The truth is i hate school, but it's the only way to get through with qualification, for getting a better job.

ps: I always draw anime in all my school books, e.g. science, match, etc.. Even during lesson, i
just keep on drawing^^ . Anime rocks!!!!!Me like it!!!XD heehee

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

school gives me a lot of pressure.i dun like school at all, but i have no choice but to take it seriously. well i do like some activities in school. my life is at stake here. if my grades show signs of failure, im doomed. my fun life. gone. everything T.T

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

Its my last year of high school......what do u think??ehe its killing the hell outta me......i fooled around too much last year and im failing alot of my exams ......dont know what miracle i need to get through my major exams this year.....well it wasnt giving me pressure at all till now.....except for the stupid school rules.....i never took my education seriously in my life.but i dunno i gotta try now i think....or im dead n i definately dont think i can sacrifice any more education for fun....but the thing is i'll end up sleeping the moment i lift up a book n the teachers in my school hardly even come to class... im so dead damn these teachers thinking we all go for private tutoring.....='( what to do what to do.....

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by Paoloschool gives me a lot of pressure.i dun like school at all, but i have
no choice but to take it seriously. well i do like some activities in
school. my life is at stake here. if my grades show signs of failure,
im doomed. my fun life. gone. everything T.T

Darn Paolo, that's sad indeed.

I can sense what you mean a bit over here. I hate it when this gets stuck on the back of your head. **Sighs** You remind of a friend who was in a particular dilemma like that one. It's not that fun at all to watch them break down in tears, really. **Nods**

Geez, not you too, diamarrr. I've never taken school seriously the first time around when I took the first semester in my uni. - had to get used to studying all over again. I learned a grave mistake by not doing so in the first place - but I'm doing fine now. Sorry to hear this from you as well. Sometimes learning isn't as fun as it used to be anymore, I agree. It's hard to catch up on some of these things when you constantly keep falling behind on some work.

Signature

school is school..just a place to learn and nap for me ^_~
most of the time its not too stressful..i always find some time to do everything i have to do
now that im adjusted and all
first year was a bit hectic at times..had to start from scratch (make new friends, find fastest ways to my classes, manage my time better, not fall asleep in class, etc) but after that was done i had time to slack off some..
im pretty laid back for the most part, but if need be..i work great under pressure

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Excellent question. I do feel lots and lots of pressure coming from my campus. From the inconvenient environment down to the students that live on campus, I really can't understand it all. Some students expect me to be this way and that way; I'm already in a jam because they want me to do something they like, but I don't want to do it. I keep putting it off until a later date, then I won't do it at all.

As for the environment, the campus is miles away from any big shopping center. Walmart, unfortunately, is the closest major store, which is 14 miles away from my campus. Even with a supermarket about 3 miles away, you still need a car here. The Sccoot, the bus that comes on my campus, comes every 2 hours and doesn't run on weekends or at nights. I only get to go back home once a month which I think is extremely inconvenient, seeing as how I'm 2 to 3 hours away from home. I would understand better if I were farther in distance from my house, but I'm not.

There are potential problems with the campus on its own. For instance, we had a blackout recently that lasted 7 hours. This blackout occurred at 1:35 at night. The occurrence of the blackout made me upset, and well, knowing that I have a weak personality, I stormed out the door complaining. After we were allowed into the buildings again, which was about 2:30, at 5:15, there were gas fumes in my building. I had to immediately evacuate the building. That night, I couldn't even get any sleep. I can't get sleep most nights anyway because of the loud noises from my dorm, people slamming doors and being loud in the hallways.

The classes become more and more boring as the years progress. I don't really like going to classes everyday. It's a little bit agonizing to wake up everyday and have to get to my classes at 9:00. I end up being drowzy in my classes, and I may go to sleep. Unfortunately, I do have to take medicine to ease up my asthma, and it sometimes causes my drowsiness. Hopefully, I can get off this medicine soon because I think it's slowing me down. I can't think too well these days, my ability to criticize is low, and I can get mad easily at times. Hopefully, all that can end.

As for my education, especially with my grades, I'm under pressure with that. I need a GPA of 3.7 in order to get a full scholarship for the following year. I want to work at getting that scholarship, but with the difficult work and the quizzes and exams being thrown at me, I don't know what to do. So far, my GPA for midterm is 3.3, but it's not enough. Then again, I think MT is getting in my way often, and I seriously need to cut down my time here. I have met many members who are my friends and some who are foes which adds to the amount of pressure I already have. However, a good education is my only ticket to getting a car, and if I can't get a car, I'm done for.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

darkwaterbunny

darkwaterbunny

cancha! And MORE cancha!

School? Urgh killing me, yeah still in high school, but a college preperation school, so the amount of work we get is just like college (oh joy.). Well, I cant really complain, I'm in a super compatative school, but I bet its like this everywhere. I does take a LOT of effort to be able to keep my grades at what they are, but its for the better. As for my social life, well, its there, but not quite what it use to be. But thats ok (I guess x_x). We just have to really try hard and think its "for the better" because supposely, in the end, we get a "better" job.

kazuki05

Another supernumerary..

Quote by CelessaSo the ultimate question is, how much pressure does school give off to you within your everyday lifestyle?
Do you take your education in school seriously at all?
Do you necessarily think that school is adding a little too much stress within your own life, at times?
And would you necessarily sacrifice good grades for a little more fun, actually?

School is the number one pressure in my life.. even though I'm still in the midst of my second last year in high school. The thought about choosing universities and keeping your marks high is very stressing.. especially where I live -- the admission grades are pretty much increasing every year. And that's hard enough already since I have problems maintaining my grade up to that point.. but then the facility (or whatever you would call it where you live) where I want to go into... the admission mark is even higher.

I take my education very seriously, knowing that there are lots of people who wanted to have an education when they were younger.. but are now too old to do so, or can't do it anymore sorta thing.

At some points.. school is adding too too much stress... not only do you have to try and work hard.. there's also the teachers that are judgemental who fail you based on what makes you different.. there could be people out there, that may make you look over your own shoulder once in a while.

Throughout my schooling years, I don't think I've ever sacrificed good marks for fun.. not that I wouldn't want to.. but something's in my head telling me I can't... and that I have to work until after graduation of uni maybe ><

"The stronger someone appears on the outside, the weaker they are in reality."

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Too many everyday life topics.... *pukes*

Anyway, school is currently giving me a hell of a lotta pressure. I have a project due, I'm failing my tests, I don't enough time to adapt to a math lesson (which means extra homework to memorize it <_<) and last but not least... the lack of sleep.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

Norimune

Norimune

Prince of Winter

celessa!!!! you are back!!!
well... my school was religious (despite I am not a religious person) we had cameras in the hallways and the punished you for wearing the schools swerter tied around your waist... they where really mean sometimes... but I never complained instead I burn that hell hole down while I danced over their dead bodies muajajajajaa... then I woke up realized it was all a dream and head back to school for another day of suffering... :sweat:
hahahaha ... naaaa it wasn't that bad... sometimes I pass by to visit my old teachers (while I imagine miself dancing over their dead bodies :D )

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici." By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

I never let school get to me, so i didn't feel that much pressure from it.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by melmachine18As for the environment, the campus is miles away from any big shopping center. Walmart, unfortunately, is the closest major store, which is 14
miles away from my campus. Even with a supermarket about 3 miles away,
you still need a car here. The Sccoot, the bus that comes on my campus,
comes every 2 hours and doesn't run on weekends or at nights. I only
get to go back home once a month which I think is extremely
inconvenient, seeing as how I'm 2 to 3 hours away from home. I would
understand better if I were farther in distance from my house, but I'm
not.

Glad you liked it mel. **Yawns and stretches** Morning - lol. And thanks for expressing your situation. I can tell you aren't the only one to have this sort of an issue.

I've had a fuss with my bus routes around here too. In order to get from my own home to my school, I would have to wait half-an-hour to get there. Fair enough. **Nods**

But when I have to go back, I would need to take a bus transfer, and seeing that the city bus route does not conveniently go two-ways - rather one-way, I would have to wait a full hour in the bus to get from one stop towards my intended target when it could have taken me like 25 minutes to get to by walking - you know, with all the zig-zagging, and all - so I tend to get a little peeved off when walking home with heavy books to carry in my bag. Sometimes I would even have to wait 20 to 25 minutes out in the cold near the bus stop to get into it, and yes, just like yours, our school bus only becomes available at the week-days and hardly any nights, but what really sucks is that it only gets to move at certain times.

It starts regularly every hour from 8 to 10, but then past 1 o'clock, the gap widens to 5 o'clock and you have to wait 4 hours entirely when you just want to go home and relax - so you spend hours in the university getting bored when you just want to leave, pretty much. It gets so frustrating. I would not want to kill an hour or two everyday just through transportation but I'm not allowed to live near campus due to the high cost in living there, so I guess I had to take enough sacrifices as a result indeed.

Quote by melmachine18There are potential problems with the campus on its own. For instance, we had a blackout recently that lasted 7 hours. This blackout occurred
at 1:35 at night. The occurrence of the blackout made me upset, and
well, knowing that I have a weak personality, I stormed out the door
complaining. After we were allowed into the buildings again, which was
about 2:30, at 5:15, there were gas fumes in my building. I had to
immediately evacuate the building. That night, I couldn't even get any
sleep. I can't get sleep most nights anyway because of the loud noises
from my dorm, people slamming doors and being loud in the hallways.

Wow - the university I'm in now is totally the opposite. No one really cares about anyone here - and there's no such thing as a popularity contest pretty much. Sure, there may be loud mouths at times but not to the poit in slamming doors and the sorts. I like the serene atmosphere and the behavior they conduct around our school. You easily seem to blend in quite nicely. Problem - little privacy as a result, however.

Quote by melmachine18The classes become more and more boring as the years progress. I don't really like going to classes everyday. It's a little bit agonizing to
wake up everyday and have to get to my classes at 9:00. I end up being
drowzy in my classes, and I may go to sleep. Unfortunately, I do have
to take medicine to ease up my asthma, and it sometimes causes my
drowsiness. Hopefully, I can get off this medicine soon because I think
it's slowing me down. I can't think too well these days, my ability to
criticize is low, and I can get mad easily at times. Hopefully, all
that can end.

Sounds rough. Yeah, you are right, as the classes here get increasingly boring over time. I've developed a way to keep myself away through all those hard long lectures, and sometimes I feel as if I just want to self-teach myself at home. Some of the classes they have are absolutely ridiculous with terrible professors through compare.

Quote by melmachine18As for my education, especially with my grades, I'm under pressure with that. I need a GPA of 3.7 in order to get a full scholarship for the
following year. I want to work at getting that scholarship, but with
the difficult work and the quizzes and exams being thrown at me, I
don't know what to do. So far, my GPA for midterm is 3.3, but it's not
enough. Then again, I think MT is getting in my way often, and I
seriously need to cut down my time here. I have met many members who
are my friends and some who are foes which adds to the amount of
pressure I already have.

lol mel, I understand what you mean now. I'm doing well and pulling a 90.7% average this semester in Japan, and I've cut down some forum time to better improve myself, as well as drop one or two courses that never interested me in the first place and replace them with ones that do.

MT is so addicting, indeed. lol - As to foes, I totally know what you meant. It's a sad thing because you want to help the community but people perceive this as some kind of grudge you hold against others and by pointing out your frustration by reporting at them, they tend to see you as their enemy that way.

I used to be like that when I first came around but I have relaxed ever since and didn't let things get to me. Sure, I may not be perfect, and maybe I might get a little off-topic with my sensible spam, but I stopped getting frustrated when they edited out or deleted my posts. I've learned not to question those in authority. It is their website, and their rules - and the forum is a little flawed and weak at times through its members. The point is this forum is fine - its some of the members who make it look bad, and its a shame that they would point people who report things out and drags them down in the meantime.

Maybe I'll tell you this much - rather than get too vocal about it, you should just keep a low profile and perhaps report it like very few members do here on MT in secret.

That's just my advice. If I rubbed you the wrong way with my comment, I apologize. I know all too well how fragile people can be... I've seen people like that before.

Quote by melmachineHowever, a good education is my only ticket to
getting a car, and if I can't get a car, I'm done for.

It would be nice to sleep in a car for once. lol - To me, I wish I could drive a car but I can't because it costs way too much. Perhaps the next year around, I'll think about bringing my laptop and sleeping over my friend's house near campus so I don't have to take a long bus ride to uni. every single time. The traffic gets a little bothersome, so I walk conveniently and sometimes inconveniently to get there. That's all I have to state here. lol - Take care.

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by CelessaThat's just my advice. If I rubbed you the wrong way with my comment, I apologize. I know all too well how fragile people can be... I've seen people like that before.

No, thank you so much. I'll try to shift with moderation between my online and my offline business. I just feel that I can do more in life besides the same things over and over again. I'd rather go out into the world and meet different people than to have to stay on campus all the time with nothing to do. It's quite sickening.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Raiynagh

Raiynagh

fr0gm45+3r

Well, (not meaning to boast) last term I came top of my year overall and in maths, so I feel that the only way can be down. On top of this, when I decided my subjects i picked more than anyone else, and am seriously overworked. It's not going to get any better next year, but it was my own choice, and my parents are being very supportive, so I can live with it.

On the other hand, the school itself adds a lot of pressure. It's a kinda famous school, and so considers its appearance to be everything, and I always manage to be around when it's trying to show off to people - rather pressurising. On top of that, there are a lot of very intelligent boys (no girls... alas, an all boys school) here, so the competition is very fierce... We all get rather too competitive.

If we talk in a very high pitched voice, the fish can't hear us...

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Well I was on cruise control throughout my education life, since I am pretty wise to not let anything tarnish my happy personality. ;) lol I believe I adjust pretty well to any situatioin, because I have to move from school to school during my youth that I got use to new environment very quickly. It is the only way I can cope with all the turbulence in my life.

The first year of college was the funniest time for me also the worst, I didn't get stress from classes, but from my social life. I joined a frat, being so navie, I thought I would make good friends there ;) it turns out they are the party animals that doesn't have any concept of day and night. :D Well I was young, so I didn't know any better. :D We did so many stupid stuff, I can't believe I am still alive after some of the things I did. I had so many stories on that one year, it will blow your mind on the stuff that those fools make me do. :D But it is too shameful to list them ;) if Cy is here, he will know what I am talking about, because I told him some of the stories. :D

Back to topic, right now I am Law School, so I can't slack off anymore. :D I have never been so stressful in my life, it was fun for me in college, but Law School just suck it all out. The professor keep reminding me that it isn't a charity, they will kick me out if I don't make the grade. It is a scare tactic everyday they throw at me to simulate a court room environment. We are constantly being challenge, and I have tough time sorting it all out mentally and emotionally, because I can't find anyone to talk to about my problems and concerns. I can't talk to my classmates, because the grades is curve, and anyone below the curve will get kick out, so we are competiting against each other for our suvivial. Everyone is looking out for themselves understandablly, and they will screw you if they see a weakness, I learned that very quickly. :(

My parents can't comprehend what I am going through, because it isn't education like learning science and math, it is a just a type of pressure training, and the grade is about as subjective as you can get. That is why I was so distraught when miketo leave mt, because he is the only one that understand my stress. We have make a very nice connection, and our talks was the only thing that put me on easy street. :) It was a tough loss for me personally. :( Now that he is gone, I am holding to my sainity by a thin line. I tried to not let it bother me, none of my friends notice any difference in me, but I am like a time bomb, it is getting very scary for me with each passing day. I am so close to the edge right now.

Sorry you guys, for the long vent, it just all rush out of me when I saw the thread. :D Wow, I can't believe I let all that out, haha, I guess my little secret is out, and I do have a dark personality afterall :D

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

well....acutally..I got a lot of pressure from school........homeworks....and especially marks >.>..........well...I got some strange issue ......I'm allways nervous.....even on a normal day with nothing to do.....I dunno how.....and then....a test....exam........I'll get 2 so nervous as normal people.....and then...bang.....got a bad mark because I made a dumb mistake by the nerves.....I'm going to see a psycologist...soon....after my examn week...(next week....).
I take school serious...but just sometimes I'll let that thaught...but later I'll just return to pick it up >.>...... I can't forgive my self when I got a underrated mark....(dunno how to say that....just a mark that isn't good)....even if I learnt very well......it will stuck in my mind like weeks........now...these days...I'm really stressed about school... dun being late on school....feling bit sick...still going to school...so I won't miss anything....
pressure......that is my issue....my biggest issue in my life......it made me got alot of diseas and other issues..........I dun wan to tell.... but....that diseas is kinda worse.....got in hospital by that...and it I was blacked out by that....it's like an error in my brains......yes I'm crazy >.> and got weird weird weird issues.....a guy that act normal.......-_-"...........
well...yes...I think school is giving me a bit overloaded dosis of stress......but...without those information and things......you can't survive in your future life....ofcourse there are other things you can do....but I think school is just like that...and I've chosen for my way...
well..sacrifice my marks for fun......well....I think I'm doing that all the time.....I dun learn for my test...or examns....just a little bit....so I can get more time to rest and relax.....and doing things I like..... when I do my best to get a great mark and stuf.....I'll create pressure on my self....and then the results will be worse.......so....I'm trying to get the precise dosis of pressure to mix up so I get fun + a bit pressure.... 100% no pressure means you dun got a goal....you dun wish for things.....and stuff...it's like....no life....I think .....(>.<)

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by melmachine18No, thank you so
much. I'll try to shift with moderation between my online and my
offline business. I just feel that I can do more in life besides the
same things over and over again. I'd rather go out into the world and
meet different people than to have to stay on campus all the time with
nothing to do. It's quite sickening.

No problem, and you are welcome - of course. Best of luck to you, then. **Bows** I realized that a while ago - hence why I hang out all the time in the mall on my laptop, so I can shop and chat with new people, while at the same time surfing on the net whenever I'm by myself, pretty much. I'm basically a regular there. - lol - This sort of presence at the mall definitely adds color to my life.

And several of the people I've never met at uni. come down to say hello, and we have a surprisingly nice conversation in the common coffee shop, the library, and the works - gathering some fun, playing cards, sharing interests. It's all good here actually, unlike staying at school sometimes which can be so boring. I do hope you find some more entertainment in your life as well. **Nods**

Quote by RaiynaghWell, (not meaning to boast) last term I came top of my year overall
and in maths, so I feel that the only way can be down. On top of this,
when I decided my subjects i picked more than anyone else, and am
seriously overworked. It's not going to get any better next year, but
it was my own choice, and my parents are being very supportive, so I
can live with it.
On the other hand, the school itself adds a lot of pressure. It's a
kinda famous school, and so considers its appearance to be everything,
and I always manage to be around when it's trying to show off to people
- rather pressurising. On top of that, there are a lot of very
intelligent boys (no girls... alas, an all boys school) here, so the
competition is very fierce... We all get rather too competitive.

lol - I don't like to boast either, but what's said by you has been said. Thanks for the consideration. I can totally know what you mean when you pull up great grades. Now the only way is to go downhill from there, and its scary at times if you aren't too careful.

As to the popularity school, if you go to those prestige ones, the students give off that mindset that if you are not at the top of your game, you are not cut to be in it. That's why people just break their habit and some even resort to suicide as their answer. It's a shame, really...

Quote by MordinWell I was on cruise control throughout my education life, since I am
pretty wise to not let anything tarnish my happy personality. ;) lol I
believe I adjust pretty well to any situatioin, because I have to move
from school to school during my youth that I got use to new environment
very quickly. It is the only way I can cope with all the turbulence in
my life. The first year of college was the funniest time for me also
the worst, I didn't get stress from classes, but from my social life. I
joined a frat, being so navie, I thought I would make good friends
there ;) it turns out they are the party animals that doesn't have any
concept of day and night. :D Well I was young, so I didn't know any
better. :D We did so many stupid stuff, I can't believe I am still
alive after some of the things I did. I had so many stories on that one
year, it will blow your mind on the stuff that those fools make me do.
:D But it is too shameful to list them ;) if Cy is here, he will know
what I am talking about, because I told him some of the stories. :D

lol Mordin **Whispering** What the heck is a frat? **Snickers** Sorry for sounding so retarded - lol - I'm not used to these college terms here - if it is a college term. lol - Gomen **Bows**

Quote by MordinBack to topic, right now I am Law School, so I can't slack off anymore.
:D I have never been so stressful in my life, it was fun for me in
college, but Law School just suck it all out. The professor keep
reminding me that it isn't a charity, they will kick me out if I don't
make the grade. It is a scare tactic everyday they throw at me to
simulate a court room environment. We are constantly being challenge,
and I have tough time sorting it all out mentally and emotionally,
because I can't find anyone to talk to about my problems and concerns.
I can't talk to my classmates, because the grades is curve, and anyone
below the curve will get kick out, so we are competiting against each
other for our suvivial. Everyone is looking out for themselves
understandablly, and they will screw you if they see a weakness, I
learned that very quickly. :(

Wow - your explanation is very clear and concise to the point. I could imagine kind of how hard it is for you to be in Law School. That's why I would like to take my time to achieve my goals around here. Patience, the willingness to learn, and timing is all that matters. We have kind of the same mindset in here as well.

Quote by MordinMy parents can't comprehend what I am
going through, because it isn't education like learning science and
math, it is a just a type of pressure training, and the grade is about
as subjective as you can get. That is why I was so distraught when
miketo leave mt, because he is the only one that understand my stress.
We have make a very nice connection, and our talks was the only thing
that put me on easy street. :) It was a tough loss for me personally.
:( Now that he is gone, I am holding to my sainity by a thin line.

Oh my, Mordin.... **Gasps and covers her mouth, showing off some tears** I never knew how much it hurts you like that. Celessie feels bad now...

Yeah, miketo was a tough loss.... **Sighs** I wanted him back, but its too late now. **Shakes her head in shame** Why, really?

Oh.... now I feel bad for them as it already is. If there was some way to convince them back. I hope you can still hold on, Mordin. I don't want you to scare even me like that, if you do unleash your secretive side.

Quote by MordinI
tried to not let it bother me, none of my friends notice any difference
in me, but I am like a time bomb, it is getting very scary for me with
each passing day. I am so close to the edge right now.
Sorry you guys, for the long vent, it just all rush out of me when I
saw the thread. :D Wow, I can't believe I let all that out, haha, I
guess my little secret is out, and I do have a dark personality
afterall :D

Wow - thanks for the long response, and taking your time to explain your case. **Bows** Great forum posters and wonderful intellectual beings are those who take the time to read things out and give off a somewhat constructive commentary and analysis over the works - especially in a polite and considerable manner. Those things win you points - along with your great personality. Hehe.

**Bows once again** I think I sounded like some brainiac that time. lol - Weird how people's brains work when they throw a random fit into the mix. **Snickers** Hope you feel better soon. As for me, no worries. I'm doing fine. **Laughs** Oh well, there.

Signature

gemini4life

gemini4life

The Quiet Geezer

This is a great compliment to my thread about what if your best is not enough. I focused more on the work life aspect of it since that’s where I am right now, but it hasn’t been that long since I’ve experienced what everyone here has been mentioning. Just goes to show the point that we are all getting more pressure and stress at a much earlier age.

Quote by melmachine18
As for my education, especially with my grades, I'm under pressure with that. I need a GPA of 3.7 in order to get a full scholarship for the following year. I want to work at getting that scholarship, but with the difficult work and the quizzes and exams being thrown at me, I don't know what to do. So far, my GPA for midterm is 3.3, but it's not enough. Then again, I think MT is getting in my way often, and I seriously need to cut down my time here. I have met many members who are my friends and some who are foes which adds to the amount of pressure I already have. However, a good education is my only ticket to getting a car, and if I can't get a car, I'm done for.

Prior to college you never had to think about things like Scholarships, but enter the Uni world and you realize just how important finances are. I know how it feels to always need to push that much further to get the grades so you can get your scholarships. You can’t just miss the goal and say at least I tried my best when you don’t make the grades, because if you don’t make it you open up all these questions of how will you afford to stay in school, will I need to get a job if I do how can I keep my grades with a job. Not sure your situation, but if worse comes to worse you can take out government loans for school right?

As for me I was fortunate enough that my efforts paid off and I was able to maintain my grades and keep my scholarships. It wasn’t a full scholarship but I did have a part time job that covered the rest of it and have some to save at the same time.

As for MT taking up your time, here’s a little something I’d like to share. All of us are given 86,400 each day and a total of 31,536,000 a year. Think of these figures as a unit of money and that you HAVE to spend it by the end of each day. Being an accountant major I love numbers and so for me I love figuring this out, but you don’t have to be an accountant to realize that if you HAD to spend all of it, for one thing you’d tried to get the most out of it and secondly spend it on something you really want to get.

So how do I spend all of this, well I spend over half of it each day trying to get closer to my dreams, spend some of it here and there on myself, and if I can and what I enjoy most of all is sharing this wealth with others. Looking at it this way I realize that despite complaining that I never have enough of it, if I looked carefully I realize I usually end up wasting or not spending some of this each day. I’m sure some of you have figured it out already but the 86,400 that we all get each day and have to spend is the number of seconds in a day.

Celessa, sorry if I’m rambling off topic, but I do have a point, just like spending money you really have to think long and hard about what you want to spend it on and more pressure is added when others around you are trying to tell you how to spend it. The biggest pressure comes with the fact that unlike money, once you spend it you can never get it back, and that is a decision you have to live with. So Mel, if you think you are spending more then you should at MT you should cut back and redirect it to what’s more important to you at this time. I’m sure all your friends in MT will understand.

Quote by Celessa
I've had a fuss with my bus routes around here too. In order to get from my own home to my school, I would have to wait half-an-hour to get there. Fair enough. **Nods**
But when I have to go back, I would need to take a bus transfer, and seeing that the city bus route does not conveniently go two-ways - rather one-way, I would have to wait a full hour in the bus to get from one stop towards my intended target when it could have taken me like 25 minutes to get to by walking - you know, with all the zig-zagging, and all - so I tend to get a little peeved off when walking home with heavy books to carry in my bag. Sometimes I would even have to wait 20 to 25 minutes out in the cold near the bus stop to get into it, and yes, just like yours, our school bus only becomes available at the week-days and hardly any nights, but what really sucks is that it only gets to move at certain times.
It starts regularly every hour from 8 to 10, but then past 1 o'clock, the gap widens to 5 o'clock and you have to wait 4 hours entirely when you just want to go home and relax - so you spend hours in the university getting bored when you just want to leave, pretty much. It gets so frustrating. I would not want to kill an hour or two everyday just through transportation but I'm not allowed to live near campus due to the high cost in living there, so I guess I had to take enough sacrifices as a result indeed.

I lived that life for 4 straight years during my Uni years. The latest bus to Uni left nearby my house at 7:12am so I got up each morning around 6:15 or so. Then 40 minutes later I ended up downtown where I’d have to catch a transfer bus that would finally take me to school. For the ride home the window for leaving was 4 to 6 pm so if I ever got out early I’d just have to occupy myself before the bus came. The toughest part was to time my transfers because if I missed my transfer I’d be stuck downtown for 20mins + at the stop with nowhere to go or nothing I could do but wait. Great thing was that’s not the worst part. I live in Minnesota where the winters are killers literally with temps that dip below as much as Negative 30 degrees F or Negative 34 C. Does it get that cold in Japan? (The anime show a lot of snow but no indication of how cold), Mel I’m sure up in NY you have to deal with it too. Quite a challenge to race through snow with a packed backpack, and layers of clothing, only benefit was that it helped me stay in shape XD. Yeah I agree with transportation potentially wasting time, but for me I tried to use that time the best I could in the morning I took my naps :D, and on the ride home I’d try to do some reading for school. Besides that having some time for myself was nice too, since I like those moments to myself where I could think or slow down my crazy life.

As for transportation now a days, things actually have gotten worse. On my current project once a week my roundtrip to and from my work takes anywhere from 10+ hrs, the reason is I have to get from my house in MN to my office in Dallas. I fly back and forth once a week. Luckily when I'm there the drive to and from the hotel is much shorter.

It's not that I have better vision
It's that I open my heart to that which others turn a blind eye to

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Quote by Celessalol Mordin **Whispering** What the heck is a frat? **Snickers** Sorry for sounding so retarded - lol - I'm not used to these college terms here - if it is a college term. lol - Gomen **Bows**

Oh it is short for Faternity in college, a brotherhood network in campus, they have houses in the campus. You paid an anual fee to be in one, and there is Sorority for the ladies too, like a sisterhood. There is two types in college, you should join one that has to do with business association because they help you networking for jobs once you are out of college, the one that I joined was a party frat, so it isn't excatly very useful for jobs. :D

Quote by CelessaOh my, Mordin.... **Gasps and covers her mouth, showing off some tears** I never knew how much it hurts you like that. Celessie feels bad now...

Yeah, miketo was a tough loss.... **Sighs** I wanted him back, but its too late now. **Shakes her head in shame** Why, really?

Oh.... now I feel bad for them as it already is. If there was some way to convince them back. I hope you can still hold on, Mordin. I don't want you to scare even me like that, if you do unleash your secretive side.

Thanks Celessie ;) very catchy, I think I used that from now on :D I really appreciate your kind thoughts. Hey compare to other people, I had it good, so don't worry about me, I am a pretty tough minded guy. :) And I promised you I won't scare you too bad ;) of course you could also put a princess stop to my secretive side. :D

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.