Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do You Feel A Lot Of Pressure Coming Off From Your Own School? - Minitokyo

Do You Feel A Lot Of Pressure Coming Off From Your Own School?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Scarlet

Scarlet

Wouldn't you wanna know?

Of course, school is a major source of stress. Keeping up good grades, competing with the rest of the class, constantly fighting to stay on top, to keep your reputation...

Nevertheless, school was also a source of happiness and motivation for me. Even in the years where I didn't have that many true friends like I do now, I always had people who looked up to me. I guess, when younger, I was some kind of "Robin Hood", always protecting the rejected kids. Now, when I look back, I'm wondering how come I myself never became a reject. I was always respected and I still can't understand why. *shug*

Now, the pressure went up. Tests, projects, studying... but I'm a very optimistic person by nature and never let it get to me. I do the work, I try not to panic, I concentrate on one task at a time and get it done before I even realize it!

Furthermore, my personal conviction is that stress, up to a certain point, is a natural motivator. You will always be confronted with it throughout your life, no matter what. I take what I can and leave the rest. And try to enjoy the moments of relaxation I get. Every moment is worth to be lived to its fullest and I have no intention in missing it.

Though I find pleasure in school just as much as in my leasure time. Everything becomes a source of interest. That is my little secret.^^

And now, if you don't mind, I have to go write that lab report! XD

--Scarlet

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

School for me does have a big impact and gives off a fair amount of pressure. My school has an unusal (and questionable) schedule system which not only messes up the student population but the staff and adminstration as well. Due to the odd schedules, we have to take more classes than other schools and consequencely have a lot more homework, projects, tests, etc in a shorter period of time. Also, extra-curricular acitivies both inside and out the school are expected and heavy emphasis is put on volunteer work in the community. So trying to balance everything is quite a challenge for me and time managment skills are key for survival essentially.

I take education seriously, maybe not as much as I use to, but it's still the most important factor in my life. I also find most of my classes interesting so I guess that helps in my positive and serious attitude towards school.

Indeed, school-induced stress can be overwhelming at times. Since all the classes tend to teach material in a similar structure, they always seem to assign projects and schedule tests at the same time. So one week, it'll be a normal workload amount, then the next week would be extremely busy and filled with tests and due assignments, and then the next week back to normal. So school stress tends to comes in waves throughout the year. But at the same time, I guess the amount of stress really depends on the student and how seriously they take in their own eduation and how much effort they put into their work. Last thing about stress, exams definitely add the most amout of stress on life >.>

Would I sacrifice good grades for more fun? Hmmm...I'm not sure. I think I now have a relatively good balance between work and play but I would definitely welcome more fun if that option was available no-strings attached. If I were to sacrifice grades for fun, I think the resulting guilt would end up hauting me, lol (^^)"

Gosh, I hope I didn't go off topic anywhere >.>

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

School actually puts a lot of pressure into my everyday life because, as you said, the work just keeps piling up as you complete projects and papers you think you have time to take a break but you turn around and find another pile of wirk.

hahahaha...I would have to put some thought into me taking school work seriously...if you knew me in reality you wouldn't think that i take school to seriously because i don't study at all unless i know i need to...interesting fact about me---i don't study but i still get pretty good grades...perplexing isn't it? @_@

i think that school does add to my stress level at times, so i just take a break from school work and go hang out with friends or do something to get my mind off of school.

i would sacrifice good grades at a heart beat in order tohave more fun...but i'm not going to because i don't want let my parents down.

Ari-chan

Ari-chan

The Odd One

I tend to feel the pressure during exams and FCAT (the big Florida Test, that ranks the school). I'm in 10th grade, so FCAT really count for since I can't graduate unless I pass it. Its both a reading and Math test. I'm great at the reading portion, but Math is another story. No matter how much I studied for math, I can't get the info to stick (I'm very very bad at math), so taking the Math portion of my test just kills me. worrying about this test is what stressed me the most, but not so much now since I took the test last week.

I must say that I don't take my education seriously otherwise, but I do my work to keep up my grades, for the sake a brite future. I tend to just look around, space out, or look at the kids and think "pfft.....morons."

Signature

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

Yes, I do feel the pressure from school. Trip one, twice on tests and it will knock you grade down. Then the pressure from home start kicking in. It really not helping that your threating to take some of my freedom away. It really not. I avoided it last semester but it caught up to me this semester. Algebra = D Spanish = C. Not good. I was never a math guy at all and spanish and algebra grades seem to be connected somehow. If you do good in Algebra you can do good in Spanish and vice versa.
Last semester I was stressed out with a low grade in Algebra. I was really stressed out. I don't want to repeat it again.
Well then again schools around here are much tougher then the ones back in Brooklyn. I breezed through back there but here I'm busting my head. Alot. I'm a laid back guy so this is kinda hard on me and emotional health. I want to stay laid back while not giving up too much stuff that I become like my brother attiduite. That will not happen but it happening in someways... got too... improve.... (or else you won't see me on as much)

Learning little by little.
Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by gemini4lifeThis is a great compliment to my thread about what if your best is not
enough. I focused more on the work life aspect of it since that’s where
I am right now, but it hasn’t been that long since I’ve experienced
what everyone here has been mentioning. Just goes to show the point
that we are all getting more pressure and stress at a much earlier age.

No problem.

I am very thankful for the people who have been creating very solid posts in this thread here indeed. For once, no more spam as they used to say. **Snickers** I've always had the pleasure of at least putting something informative down at the table, and to me, hearing what each person has to say - it's interesting in what input everyone can bring, considering all our lifestyles are different here in time.

Quote by gemini4lifeCelessa, sorry if I’m rambling off topic, but I do have a point, just
like spending money you really have to think long and hard about what
you want to spend it on and more pressure is added when others around
you are trying to tell you how to spend it. The biggest pressure comes
with the fact that unlike money, once you spend it you can never get it
back, and that is a decision you have to live with. So Mel, if you
think you are spending more then you should at MT you should cut back
and redirect it to what’s more important to you at this time. I’m sure
all your friends in MT will understand.

You aren't going off topic - just by leading one topic and shifting to the main point, I don't really mind at all. It's how the story ends that matters the most - piling things on top is just the beginning of such an understandable statement, as I can recall.

So you don't need to apologize there. And yes, I agree, MT is not supposed to make you devote your entire life into it.

That's the part I find damaging about some of these forums. You waste your time when indeed you could be doing something better for yourself in the long run.

I'm not telling you whether you should leave or not, but I'm glad you've considered moving on just for a while, Mel. Hence, I had to leave because taking this forum like 4 hours a day was not in my best interest. That's why I come here regularly but at a gap-like pace.

I take like overall around maybe an hour and a half to surf on MT, then the rest of the day to spend on whatever I like, going out, interacting and the sorts - hence you don't see me browsing around as much as I used to back then.

Gemini4life - nice advice. Forums are not meant to suck your life away. When it hurts you, and possibly even your life and your education, maybe you should just let it go for a while. I did that and spent two entire weeks without going back and it made a big difference in my part. The procrastination ended, I was able to focus more on my studies, and pull even better grades - while at the same time, now hanging out in places with my friends and spending less time on the screen.

Forums used to be a thing for me in the past, but ever since the move to uni. - I thought otherwise. Anyways, no need to repeat any other statements here. **Nods**

Quote by YugureKazei think that school does add to my stress level at times, so i just
take a break from school work and go hang out with friends or do
something to get my mind off of school.

It's that feeling of not wanting to do anything that creeps back up to your mind. You look back and wonder - why am I doing this?

So just like you, I take some time off to hang around the arcades and the mall with possibly a couple good friends of mine as well here. **Snickers** Good show.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

saki always feels stress from school ... >.< sincesince saki's not very smart .. XD
butbut .. it's not really schoool that stresses saki .. butbut .. the people that go to school .. :_____: like fwends .. and mean old teachers .. -_____-"
andandand .. saki feels stress from parents .. since saki doesnt want to fail them .. ^-^ butbut .. ... saki guesses that education isnt saki's thing .. XD

Yllidan

Life goes on.....

Well when I was in the school everything was a relax ;) without pressure having a good time with all my friends :nya: but now in the universiti, many of my friends have a hard time and is dificult to be with they OX and I have a lot of work, I leave many of my hobbies because I wanna keep my marks good but is hard x_x

Well Celessa now yuo know the reason of my shorts mesenges..... I am soo ocupated now OX

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Well, finally got around to answering this thread, i was finishing up a translation worth 25% of my final grade that was due for today (ironic i know lolll) Okay, i'll answer one question at the time i guess (simplest way to do it...)

Quote by CelessaSo the ultimate question is, how much pressure does school give off to
you within your everyday lifestyle?

School gives me a lot of pressure... especially these days. The students in the province of Quebec are in the middle of a strike because they want the government to give us more financial help (the amount they took away from us last summer)... This strike is a little stupid, to me it's equivalent to students committing suicide... plus, considering we're the province in Canada with the cheapest tuition cost, it's really stupid to argue (the mistake we made was argue when they wanted to rise those cost i guess...) So far, the translation department to which i belong voted no for the strike which is good because if we go on strike, we risk losing the session, or ending up with more school weeks which would cut down my summer vacation... I'm lucky, only one of my six classes was cancelled for now (Latin) because the department in which in belongs is on strike... (lucky it isn't my Japanese class XD) the thing is, our president (who apparently agrees with the strike) wants us to do another vote T_T So this adds a supplementary stress... T_T

Of course, there is always the work load, i do 6 classes instead of the usual 5, which means i get even more homework... surprisingly enough, in 2 years of university, it only happened to me once that i didn't finish a homework, which was only a translation to be corrected in-class... So, i guess i'm not so bad, it takes a lot of work, but i can do it... and i may be a little tired, but otherwise i'm doing fine... and i can even find time to procrastinate... ^^

Now, what is really stressful to me is the way we get graded... In translation, the grades we get on our translation exams are subjective... XO there is never any definite rule on how to translate a text so if a teacher doesn't like something we wrote, he/she will grade us down, which means there is never any certainty as to which grades we will get... i usually average around 80%... which good if i consider the class average... but my perfectionist self doesn't like getting anything in the 70s... T_T and if i screw up on an exam, than, my grade will suffer greatly... Of course, it depends a lot on the teacher as well...

On top of that, right now, we also have a problem with the teachers of the English side of our program... they ask us to translate texts from French which even us, pure blooded "francophones" can't understand... :\ and we can argue as much as we want, the teacher who pics those texts is the director of our program and he just won't listen to us... >=( the question is : How can he expect us to translate well, in our second language, text from written in our first language that we can't understand because they have no logic, plenty of mistakes and a funny vocabulary?

Quote by CelessaDo you take your education in school seriously at all?

yes, i take my education really seriously... technically speaking, my being at university is beyond what i can afford... i have to pay for tuition, the appartment, food and so on... and my family is definitely not rich... and of course, the government reduced student's financial help (i'm still against the strike, but the governement's decision did hurt me a lot...) and yet, even though i'm in this tough situation, my mother keeps on insisting that she doesn't want me to work because she wants me to dedicate myself only to my studies... so i can't afford to screw it up, and i won't screw it up... those studies is the only way for me not to live the life my mother is living, so i will give it my all, no matter what!

Quote by CelessaDo you necessarily think that school is adding a little too much stress
within your own life, at times?

sometimes yes, but honestly, i think it's life in general that adds me the most stress... really, school is easy to manage when you know how... do your work on time, find a way of studying that suits you... i get nervous for tests but never nervous to a point where i won't sleep... ;)

now life in general is something else... life has many challenges i'm not necessarily prepared to face... challenges that scare me... that alone is stressful... T_T

Quote by CelessaAnd would you necessarily sacrifice good grades for a little more fun,
actually?

to get more fun, i would love to, but i would be overcomed by guilt... :\ fun every once in a while is normal, you have to forget about your problems now and then, but too much fun is like not getting enough... i mean, if you abuse of something, than that thing doesn't remain as pleasant or enjoyable... so no, as i said, being a perfectionist, my grades are important to me, and i don,t want to screw up... it's not in me to do so anyways.... i like my quiet life

well, i guess i said pretty much all i had to say...XD (i had a lot to say it seems... this thread came just in time loll) don't know if any of it makes sense though :D

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

In response to your question:

Well having a good marks will definetely rise some standard in yourself, and of course people around you especially your parents. Expectations are higher and they'll demand more and more.

Well I'm not in high school anymore, here in UNI people don't care with your academic progress. The lecturers are only there to help u achieve passing grade,
the option whether to pass or fail is really up to you.

Having good grades in high school doesn't guarantee that you'll end up being a succesful person. the same applied to your UNI grades , having a great title As MASTEr, Hons , phd , etc won't do much either.But it'll definitely get you in a great start in your career, but often people still strugle when it comes to getting the jobs. social skill seems to do better in this category in my opinion.

But for all of u in HIgh School ^^ study hard ^_^

Quote by CelessaSo the ultimate question is, how much pressure does school give off to you within your everyday lifestyle?
Do you take your education in school seriously at all?
Do you necessarily think that school is adding a little too much stress within your own life, at times?
And would you necessarily sacrifice good grades for a little more fun, actually?

- a lot....especially in my 3rd year -_- in UNI 2 more years to finish BArch
- yes, to a ceratin degree, I don't wanna pay my uni' fees twice -_-
- Not little, too much , It consumes a lot from us
- Hmmm..... probably no...... fun can comes later, like I said I don't wanna pay my UNI fees Twice XD

Periphery

The End

Yes, because everyone goes around with their awesome grades and i feel awful when i see my average results...>_<

<3 Dark Mousy ! ^_^
Signature

Hanazaki

Hanazaki

Current Anime: Hitman Reborn!

i had a pressure wen i'm in form 6... we (me & my frenz) were transfer to a new skool where ol da form 6 students gather n studied.... my god is lyk hell man.... i don't lyk da environment, the skool, the pple... plus the teacher who non-stop give us project, homework, activiti to attend, a meeting n wat-so-ever to those who participate in a clubs juz in a whole weeks.....

it's a lot of pressure going on... more pressure wen the teacher in the skool are not co-operate with each other.... very picky on students..... i hate it.... more pressure wen the teacher put high expectation n hoping for better result at us.... everyday with the same speech.... n u'll alwez be da target n b da center of attention.....

so starting i'm transfered to dat damn skool, i never take my studies seriously but not entirely, juz some subject... i barely focus n concentrate on wat the teacher teach... ol i do is day-dreaming, chat with fren, making stupid notes, drawing.... n do wat-so-ever to wake me up....

ol the tym i enjoy most with sum of my frenz....

Signature

Amaranth

Amaranth

<iDlE>

So the ultimate question is, how much pressure does school give off to you within your everyday lifestyle? ...I'm not extreamly stressed...but the last day of school people kept telling me to chill...so I guess I was a little...

Do you take your education in school seriously at all? yup. but sometimes I forget to >-<

Do you necessarily think that school is adding a little too much stress within your own life, at times?nope

And would you necessarily sacrifice good grades for a little more fun, actually?
...hehe...I already did that -_-...but can't change it...it's more of forget that you're actually sacrificing until the grades come out ...

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

With less than a year and a half before I graduate from High School, there is a ton of pressure pressing on me. I'm in many advanced classes and I'm expected to maintain good grades. Though I manage to generally get an A in my classes, it is very tough to maintain it. Last year, I did not really have to worry about maintaining an A because it was easy. Now, with all these tests (AP, SAT, SAT II, hspa), I'm expected to maintain the grades I have, in addition to studying for all of these tests.
But, what keeps me from tearing myself apart is the fact that eleventh grade is almost over and there will be one more year before I leave my high school.

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

The simplest way to answer this is - what life? Recently, I've been living under a pile of work, with every conceivable moment of free time being filled by some trivial assignment or project testing the limits of my mental capabilities. Frankly, I just don't care anymore. I've stopped caring about the papers...

But that's a bad attitude! Don't follow my example peeps!

And yea, getting the grades does equal more and harder work... But I still feel that stripping students of lives wherein they learn on their own is an attrocity.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

streamside

streamside

deranged.

wow... i guess everyone has a lot to say on this matter...
so... here goes:

So the ultimate question is, how much pressure does school give off to you within your everyday lifestyle?

a lot... man... sometimes, with the whole pile of workload laid out before me, i don't even know where to start... and, sometimes, due to - well - laziness, i even resort to cramming...
it pressures me a lot, being in the honor roll - and therefore, in the list of "competetive students"... let me explain:
Our schoolyear is divided into four quarters, and after each quarter, students are given a quarterly exam. However, on the fourth - and final - quarter, the top 5 students are given an advanced final exam covering all four quarters.
And, being on the top section, it's always in a tense and highly competetive atmosphere...
I even cried once over my grade, 'cause my classmate was fooling around (unknown, of course, to me) and told me that I failed my literature subject... T_T only to find out that i got the highest mark in it...

and, not only that, but, in our class, there are a couple of "wannabes" as you may call them... they stab people in the back to get higher grades... our class hates them.

also... not only do we have to compete amongst ourselves, we also have to compete with other year levels at contests, and other sections...

in our former years, our class, being the top section - Section A as the teachers would call it... we were always apart and unfriendly towards lower sections... (can you smell the discrimination) it's a good thing that things started to change since i entered high school... i hang out with kids from other sections, and they're really fun people..

yep... sometimes, i envy the lower sections 'cause they seem to have more fun...

Do you necessarily think that school is adding a little too much stress within your own life, at times?
hell yeah... especially the co-curricular activities... school takes up a lot of my time...
Check this out:

*classes start at 8:00 AM and end at 4:20 PM
Monday: after classes, there's a weekly meeting at the History Club and English club, and then off to Badminton Training. I get home by 8:00 PM
Tuesday: after classes, Chorale practice, and then Badminton training. I get home by 8:00 PM
Wednesday: after classes, there's a weekly meeting for the school newspaper, and then Badminton Training. I get home by 8:00 PM
Thursday: after classes, Chorale practice, adn then Badminton training. Home by 8:00 PM again.
Friday: Badminton training. 8:00 again.
Saturday: Badminton training. 11:00 AM

Add to that the increasing pile of homework and projects, and upcoming tests and exams and contests... WAAAAAAAAAH
i'm glad to be alive.... :nya:

not really. I can balance my time, and - what really amazes me is, i got through the year doing all of these things...

-----------

however.. based on what you say, you said that the stress decreases gradually... not for me.
It increases rapidly... the only stress-free time i get is after the exams...
and... though i'm only two jeepney stops away from my school, the traffic is horrible... 30 minutes of travelling to school...

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao Tzu

"A journey of a thousand miles...
is better in a car."

Kenryo

~*God ~ of ~ Speed*~

Hey, everyone is presured in school (unless u and ur parents couldn't care less). But if my school rules gets any thighter, i'm gonna snap.

And my father expects me to get better grades than my sis in my major exams. *sigh*

But Damn my school rules is Damn tight

And they have this demerit system, so u will have to like obey every rules they set. The teachers are a pain in the ass. If u dun do what they tell u to (but nothing extreamly unreasonable) they use the demerit system to force u (unless u dun care bout it). The demerit system is like they give u 100 points and if ur points get to 54, they kick u out of the school. And if i'm kicked out, say bye bye to freedom.

The world is full of pressure these days.

Ways of the Assassin
(not finished)

my first year in college is about to end and based on my experience college is really more stressful than high school... when you fail in college you have to take that subject again and that would be a real pain... im just praying i didnt goof up too much in my chemistry class and that i was able to get the grade i need to pass.... flunked 3 major exams so i really need to pass the 4th one and get a good grade at the finals to get a passing grade...... pray for me guys.... every little bit helps.. tnx... =)

My school gives a lot of pressure, I just don't really feel it. Being one of the best academic schools in my city, we have to learn things that're more extensive than other high schools. It's kinda funny cuz my last semester was more stressful than this one right now, and it was just like last year. I'm really slacking this sem and I'm just not doing my homework cuz it seems very easy, so i don't really feel the pressure. I just don't care =)

UnknownFact

UnknownFact

Silent Thunder

hi!!! How are you? Well, I DO have lots of pressure. I'm on a french school here in Costa Rica, so, I MUST lear 2 different programs: the french program and the Costa Rican program. So, I have double work, double teachers... And there's lot of work. And, at the end of 11 I pass the "bachillerato" (for CR) and at the end 12th I pass Baccalaureat (for FR) so...YES it's hard...
Well, this year, I'm in 12th. So i passed over bachillerato already... But this year, we have not enough time so, I kinda have 1-3 exams every week!!! And well...chemistry, physics, mathematics...wow what a level i'll have!! I really think it's a privilege, cause i'm being very well prepared...
Well, wednesday i have a 3H math exam and i must go study... may see ya over here in 5 or 6 days...:S...
ciao!

Signature
Fun.

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

How much pressure does school give off to you within your everyday lifestyle?

Its confusing with me, cause i dont get stressed by things at all.. The sad thing is, i really should care more. I get good grades, i used to get perfect grades until i moved to honors. When i have a big assignment, i work on it the first day its assigned until its done. So i dont have the pressure of running out of time. I have a pretty simple schedule for my day, go to school, go to track practice, eat, do homework.. then leisure time.. which is right now. For big tests i dotn worry at all, i got some good test taking genes from somewhere.. well probably my dad since hes a genious. I can ace tests without studing sometimes. I try to study though, studing is good.

Well, umm.. I think i know where im headed, and i know that this simple highschool education isnt going to really help me in this life. I know what i need to know, and most stuff in this school is teaching me stuff i dont need to know. When the teacher is giving notes i pay attention if im learning something new. But most of the time im sleeping in class.. i know, thats not good. I guess im just lazy, i dont tend to do homework which is just busy work.. and i consider most stuff my teachers assign busy work. Recently ive missed a lot of school just cause i was too sleepy to go, I didnt go to school today either... Well, i really dont mind missing school.. its just a pain to make up everything afterwards.

I noticed a lotta people get really really stressed out about school, thinking their whole life is in jeopardy if they dont do well.. well that can be true at times, but a lot of people rank school way too high in their life. I dont get stressed out by things like school.. i dont get stressed out at all, not sure if thats a good thing. Well i just go through life walking the path in front of me, some people make it harder by choosing several paths to get ahead and end up getting lost.. but i just go straight and ill trust where it leads me.

It might be true that i already do, i dont go for the a+... i just stay alive with the lowest A possible. I'd slack off until my grade drops too a B.. then i'll work hard for a lil bit and put it back to an A, then take a break again. I really dont want school controling my life. I am lazy, I rather sleep the whole day than do anything.. but my body doesnt let me. Anyway I try to have fun with whatever I do, weather it be school or anything.. at least i can see my freinds in my classes, thats enough fun. Gotta remember too much fun gets boring after a while. Im really not sure how to give a good answer to this question..

Signature Image
My Featured Wallpaper: Bleach - Renji
Feel free to browse my Gallery, comments appreichated.

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

School is tough but I always find something interesting to do to reduce the stress.
It really drives me crazy sometimes but I'm never really worried about it that much...
Anyway, since I still have more than one year to go, better take things more seriously....*sigh*

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

Lodigo

~Assasin Cross~

Shool gives me really pressure
i have to do so much things i dont have time to do other stuff only learn
i have not always stress but sometimes. and my grades r not the best so have to do more
:sweat:

destati

Yuusha-Oh

Quote by CelessaSo the ultimate question is, how much pressure does school give off to you within your everyday lifestyle?

Oh god. My school really, really packs it on. I mean, clearly a lot of people think that their schedules are full and that they're busy - and I'm not disputing that - but MY GOD my school is insane in that regard. I graduated from one of the best high schools not just in California, but in the United States. I basically slacked off through high school. I got good grades, but I never really had to try (3.85ish unweighted GPA, around 4.25 weighted). Same with testing - 1570 SAT, 800 Math IIC, 780 Writing, 750 Physics, 780 US History. I even spent my senior year taking classes at a community college, and still could take it easy and never really try.

My college was totally different. In the lowest level math class, I spent two hours working one problem on the first day of class. I kid you not. This place is insane. Other colleges generally let you choose your classes. Here, however, your freshman year classes are pretty much set unless you pass out of something. Without passing out, you get one class of your choice during second semester – all the others are required. In the first semester, for example, we're required to take Math 11 and 12 (single variable calculus and linear algebra), general chemistry, java programming, a humanities class, and a special relativity and quantum mechanics class.

...yeah.

So in short, I do get a lot of stress from my school. That's not to say that I don't like it or anything; just that we get a lot of work. Work hard, play hard.

Quote by Celessa

You better believe it. At this point, I believe my education will be a major determining factor in the quality of the rest of my life. How could I not take it seriously? Of course, it's not just that; I really do like what I'm studying. However, at this point in my life, I have to start thinking seriously about my own future.

Quote by Celessa

Maybe. There's that ridiculous work load that I was talking about, but that's what the real world is going to be like. In reality, the world works from 8-5. You get stressed, you get overworked. You deal with it or you fail. Not to say that there isn't time to relax and enjoy yourself, of course. Getting that balance between work and social life is important.

Quote by Celessa
And would you necessarily sacrifice good grades for a little more fun?

I have plenty of fun, so I guess no. Like I said, work hard, play hard.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.