Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Best modern composer? - Minitokyo

Best modern composer?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 31 total items

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

but kanno is a producer not composer..
am i wrong?

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Quote by DeviousOniI have a few Kanno rarities I should post on Anime Paper. Ever heard "The Ship" or "Atomic Bird" from her Song to Fly album?

Funny you should mention that, I've got that in my cd player right now XD Definately one of my favorite albums of hers that I have. Some of the songs put me into an Escaflowne set of mind (Man in the Desert), while some (No Time and ABC Mouse Parade - my fav) are just strange and really fun. All I remember from the Mizu no Onna soundtrack, though, was the song my friend said sounded "like it's using those plastic tubes you whirl over your head to make sounds."
One of her most recent works, the soundtrack for movie Shimotsuma Monogatari is a great play through a lot of the classic movie riffs from the 20s through the 50s, with stuff ranging from "The Player" -inspired works to surfer flick inspired songs.

Quote by AH_Zeruelbut kanno is a producer not composer..
am i wrong?

I thought Kanno was primarily a composer. Certainly the soundtracks she's featured on have her under composer credits.

Also a fan of Yuki Kajiura. And I just got Hajime Mizoguchi's album "The Angel" which is a nice cello work (with Kanno on piano!)

John Williams is pure classic.
I also liked CTHD (YoYo Ma) and Hero's (Izhak - is that how you spell his name?) music. It really sets the mood well.
Whoever scored "The Red Violin" (I forgot who ^^;) - that's another of my favorite movie soundtracks.

Cheeky-Peach

Cheeky-Peach

Teh Kitteh Girl

YoYo Ma is fantastic. I really love his skill with playing the cello. He's brilliant at that.

... Oh god, now I'm dizzy.

>_> I was here about a year ago.

And then I left.
My bad...
But don't worry! I'm back now. ^o^

kirisame

kirisame

Witch of Dimension

My vote is for both John Williams and Yoko Kanno. Every soundtrack composed by them I've heard is definitely marvelous ^^

** Do you believe in fate? **

This has quicly metamorphosed into the Yoko Kanno appreciation thread! As an aside, I also love her work with Akino Arai with her solo albums as well as Maaya's.-and did anyone else know that Gabriela Robin is truly a pseudonym for Kanno-sensei herself?

Think about that next time you hear Cats On Mars or Some Other Time...it never ceases to blow me away.

"The world is a very small place,but for those who know it, it is very large. And the world...when it is viewed by those who know is far larger than just one world can hold!"

Yuko - xxxHOLIC

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

Listening to "Cats on Mars" makes everyone giggle/smile :)

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

Cheeky-Peach

Cheeky-Peach

Teh Kitteh Girl

yes, being obsessed with Kanno is perfectly healthy! She's good [nod nod]. >>" Oh ho! I think I did waaayyy too much downloading of Sakamoto and Kanno... =\ Computer seems to be sagging a bit.

((Edit: Oopsy! I forgot to add... Kanno is...?!))

>_> I was here about a year ago.

And then I left.
My bad...
But don't worry! I'm back now. ^o^

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 31 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.