Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 western manga vs japanese manga - Minitokyo

western manga vs japanese manga

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

...i hate fuzzy real man noses!
that's it
and besides...i hate muscular guys and gals like in the western something!
i vote for japanese!
sigh....i wish i can do some manga someday?!
athena-chan

winged

winged

Nostalgic...

I would vote for Jap manga too. Though jap manga looks less realistic, but its much nice looking than western ones, gives my eyes a treat. & mostly western manga are abt super heroes -_- Boring!! Jap ones has more variety! :D

Signature
| What do you believe in and fight for? |

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

funny...I've never come across "western manga" before :\ . Do you mean comics like Spiderman and Asterixs...etc? Well if you do than Japanese (duh!). Although various ones from China and Korea aren't bad either. Still, I agree with you on the muscular guys.....and I prefer manga noses too! (so much more elegant!). hehe....I wish I can be a manga artist too........... ^_^' (not likely to happen.....but whatever.)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

well, both have their own qualities.

manga tends to exaggerate the slender guys.
while comics tend to exaggerate muscular guys.

both can be pretty realistic sometimes, although for cuteness, manga wins hands down.
yet u have to admit, some comics have just as good stories as manga does.

so basically, it just depends on taste.
though most comics are targeted towards the younger audience
while most (most is not all) manga are targeted to more mature audiences

Fern

Fern

**A Kind Of Plants**

I vote for japanese,too ............................i think a pic is beautiful....................

Thanks everybody who give a good comment.....................
And fav on my pics.................
Hope to see you again...................
Nice to meet you...........................

DarkCrimson

DarkCrimson

Angel on Dragon's Mistress

Yeah I agree with Athena.Japanese/Korean Mangas are much better.
Dont like the Style from Spiderman or X-Man. :)

Signature

Midori-chan

Midori-chan

Shh...

of course i'll vote for jap manga!!!! their's are the best!!
the eyes, body position/pose, clothes, scenes, all are the best!
the western style is tooooo weird....it does not attract my attention...lol
jap manga is the best^^

ayanechan

ayanechan

- lost existence -

my vote in on japanese manga.. since there are more variations in style.. most of the american comics somehow resemble each other ^________^x

Signature

Radetzky

Lord Master of all that is Chibi

i like japanese. There is a level of realism that i never liked. plus i lost the ability to draw realism so it depresses me to se people who can. but then i see the uber realism and it depresses me to see image prefered over storytelling. Jhonen Vasquez is cool in my book though.

What does it mean to be saved?
Signature
When the world knocks you down, steals your wallet and spits in your eye; get up, dust yourself off and then round-house kick the world in the face. It's very top-heavy, it'll go right over.

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

I like Japanese manga... I like more the artworks in Japanese manga than in western manga. And in Japanese manga there are many many different kinds...
I like Japanese manga very very much!! XD

pegassuss

pegassuss

peggie

yep, yep ^^ Japanese manga ! ^^

Signature
Proud member of: .::[Japanese] ::[Final Fantasy Fans]::.
Proud admistrator of: .::[Doujinshi-support-club]::. Do you like doujinshi? Then join us!
Do you like doujinshi? Then you may want to visit my gallery! ~~ *My latest submissions* : Farewell and Portrait

Emi

Emi

White lady with black heart

I like a lot of ype of manga,but japanes is great :). It's the beaging for manga. I have hope to do my own manga in feature, too. But first I must learn drawing.... lol. Take care everyone :).

Do you see your heart?
It's black...
Smile!!!! You're always welcome!!

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Well, i agree mangas are the best... but here, by Western, you seem to be only talking about American comic books, the style of which i definitely hate... the thing is, there is also the European style of comic books, which i don't necessarily dislike... i mean, it's a different drawing style, more realistic... but the stories can be just as good, and funny...

Holt

Holt

pffft

who looks for realism when reading comics anyway?
Japanese characters are so much better looking and the storylines kick choot.

Signature Image

asianspirit

asianspirit

[head-bangs desk]

Quote by AyamaelWell, i agree mangas are the best... but here, by Western, you seem to be only talking about American comic books, the style of which i definitely hate... the thing is, there is also the European style of comic books, which i don't necessarily dislike... i mean, it's a different drawing style, more realistic... but the stories can be just as good, and funny...

ayamael's right. japanese manga is best (that's why we're in MT). and western does look more realistic. and some of their comics are good stories. i know, i've read some of them. haha. but i still prefer japanese manga. XD

i guess it all depends on your taste. but i can see everyone here is up for japanese. XD

Signature
needed a new look.. :)

well western manga and japanese have their, but i think, japanese are more original (duh) they started it. But when u look at manga's like "Death" i think the creators put their some of their own ideas,( though a majority of their ideas came from the sandman comics), but still they proved that western manga can compete with their japanese counterparts.

DevilJo

DevilJo

Death Angel

I like japanese stuff, so I would vote for japanese manga and I never saw a western manga but it sound like got ugly drawing.

"True Power lies within the blood of your
peoples revenge. . . The devils fruit can lead me there. . . ."

Periphery

The End

I vote for Japanese manga also! the drawings are much nicer. Western comics look awful to me >_<

<3 Dark Mousy ! ^_^
Signature

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

All right. There's no such thing as a western manga. It's called a comic book. They call it manga because it's Japanese. Sorry about the rant, but this is one of those little things that pisses me off. ^_^'
Since I don't read comics and hate the art style from the few I have read, manga is better to me.

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Western manga? a more accurate description would be Western comics and graphic novels.

i see most people hear trash "Western manga" but allow me to point out that there are plenty of adult graphic novels to choose from. for instance:
Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" that's were my handle "Dream" comes from. Sandman is the best graphic novel i have ever read- btw.
anything by Frank Miller and Alan Moore are great as well.
i since i like dark, gothic, adult stories i am a huge fan of the Vertigo line.

for the record i love both western graphic novels and manga. right now i have strictly been reading manga though.

favorite manga includes: Akira, Sei-iki [Sanctuary], Crying Freeman, gits, Strain, X [currently reading], Arm of Kannon & Hikaru no Go.

so in answer to your query athena, i like both. :)

kakashi2nd

kakashi2nd

Kakashi Hatake the 2nd

Japanese Manga has changed my life of the better! The Art, the Story the humour is just Brillent! I don't think that these any piece of printed art that is better than Manga ^.^, WAI!

Signature

boei

**Dark Mood**

Western manga, if you are talking about those which are trying to imitate jap mangas, are totally inferior and a pathetic attempt to copy the original japanese animators
If you are talking about western comics and such
They jus look ugly... :P

Prelim ExamS!!!!!!!!

followed by finals!!!!!

This is CRAzY!

Dlanor

The Phoenix

I hate the western type. I hate their caricature. Whereas in the Jap one, very good resolutions!!!!

I.m here to help you all!!!!!

Tatsumi09

Tatsumi09

Seeker of Inner Peace

I hate Western comics so much that I wouldn't even dare touch it! I hate their art, the way the characters act, the annoying sound effects they use and the storyline.

The only good thing that western anime has is the coloring. Someone I know is a fan of western comics and showed me some amazingly colored pages. But what use is the color if everything else is bad?

Japanese manga is unique and easily absorbs my conscience. The art is very beautiful in my opinon and the stories are enjoyable (whether it's funny, exciting or sad).

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.