Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 western manga vs japanese manga - Minitokyo

western manga vs japanese manga

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 35 total items

Kumiko-H

Kumiko-H

Professional reader

I think everyone here will pretty much vote for Japanese manga (that's my vote, too). I think that its more interesting and the plot doesn't always have to revolve around fightint a bad guy. But western manga (I guess comic books and what not) are not bad. But I would always chose a japanese manga first.

Signature
All I want to do is read all day long. Can someone tell me how I can get a job like that! LET'S LEAD THE PROFESSIONAL READERS REVOLUTION!!! Any takers???

zerovector

zerovector

The Simple-Minded

I am a manga supporter so it really doesn't matter cause what matters are that they are both expressions of art. Story wise, definitely japanese cause it is where we actually have some real characters with real feelings and deep inset of their characteristics.

Art wise, it would have to be americano....detail, beautiful, colored! what else it best, if they can combine the colors with japanese mix it up nicely wityh the movement of Japanese Manga, it would make a fusion of manga explosive!

By the way, some have already achieved a certain sense of that such as OH great sensei's Air Gear and Tenjho Tenghe great art and story!!!! Great Fusion style!!!

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Jap mangas are the best, but Western one is also interesting.. Hm.. i only like comic strips like Foxtrot and Baby Blues for Western ones though... oh, I kinda like Archies.. as for Jap mangas, I LOVE THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Signature

Norimune

Norimune

Prince of Winter

Go Go japanese manga!!! :D
I choose them for th stories... always more complex and much more interesting than american comics, in wich bad guy are bad for no reason at all, whereas in japanese manga bad guys have human feelings and sometimes you don't knok who's really right: the villain or the hero...

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici." By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

Hanazaki

Hanazaki

Current Anime: Hitman Reborn!

i prefer japanese manga.... b'coz japanese manga r more realistics den the western manga.... more over i usually read japanese manga den western manga... b'coz i never read western manga..... lol XD

Signature

western manga tend to be more.....i dunno human looking, but japanese manga goes where the western one doesn't. It tends to be more drawn out and creative. It also has more mature content that would be more realistic. So overall, japanese manga is better.

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

Quote by athena...i hate fuzzy real man noses!
that's it
and besides...i hate muscular guys and gals like in the western something!
i vote for japanese!
sigh....i wish i can do some manga someday?!
athena-chan

haha i gotta agree with you on the muscular guys and gals thing. i mean, some muscle is nice, but western overdo it sooo much.... and all the girls have huge boobs >< it scares me. so i vote for jap too!!!!

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

Zeliard

Zeliard

I confess! I'm an otaku!!

Well, I would personally prefer to call western manga "comic" and japanese manga "manga", just like how I like to call western animation "cartoon" and japanese animation "anime".

Signature

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

i would vote for japanese because western manga drawing seem like they try to hard to make the characters look like real people and i don't really like that i would rather stick to the good old anime big eyed characters, and that's that ^_^

manga is way better...especially the art

those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

jap manga cauz storyline n charaters are way better

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 35 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.