Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 the new Battlestar Galactica - Minitokyo

the new Battlestar Galactica

page 1 of 1 7 total items

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

The new Battlestar Galactica has been on since January on Sci-Fi and just curious what people think about it. I've seen the classic one and it seemed, well washed up, goodie tooshoes, with the Disney treatment.
This newer version of the show seems to have more drama, character development. I don't care for the sex craved Cylons (yes, the robots!), but the struggle of the survivors (and this includes Cylon agents in their midst) is not only survival, but to maintain their humanity. I don't care for the smoking either. But I do like the new Starbuck... the tomboy hot shot piolet.

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

ah, me too, the old one was a poor guided attempt for an answer to star wars on tv screen. The new one got a lot of promise, I hope they don't turn it into overkill drama later on. So far the special for this show is exactly like the stuff you see in movies, i mean wow. The drama and the tension is good, and I like how they tried to show the politics in a sci fic show. :) The individual drama is pretty solid, and I like the cast.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

So far the first season was pretty good except for some themes going around (the religious theme is quite irritating, some of the plot devices seem too obvious but the people seem too dumb to notice the implication, etc ). Still the final ending to season 1 was surprising and I eagerly await the second season to start.

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

this show is good but its kinda like a live action halo? does anyone else see some similarities or am i going crazy

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

The new serie isn't so good. The characters are too spread out. There isn't a main character. I like Apollo, but the serie is is just mess up.

Signature

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Quote by RainOfStarsThe new serie isn't so good. The characters are too spread out. There
isn't a main character. I like Apollo, but the serie is is just mess up.

Too spread out? There were too few characters in the original to have any kind of character conflict, or development. The world isn't perfect, but it's not ment to be.

It rocks, but I never watched the original so I can't compare them.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.