Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 why do people drink and drive? - Minitokyo

why do people drink and drive?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

i just think its really sad that people do that. its bad enough that they kill themselves but the kill other too. i just confuses me why they do things like that. my cousin almost got killed in a crash with a drunk and after that the drunk guy acted like it wasnt his fault!

i just want to know what you people think why drivers drink.

Signature

We don't care because we don't do it, lala... i don't and i don't condone it..but like..seminar's at school or anything like that is a waste of time...lalala

Masaru-San

Masaru-San

Mayor of Hardcoretown.

when you drink, you lose your sense of reality. people who aren't drunk yet think they're ok, and if they're tolerance is high, they probably are, but if they get pulled over anyway, they could get a ticket, or even go to jail.

Take a look toward the sky, Halvdane. We shall fill the air with spears to turn black this christian sun.

Because they are stiupid...

Don't wory, be happy... :)

Holt

Holt

pffft

um...because they're idiots?

Signature Image

The reason is the same for any act of stupidity
"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me.
-Gen George S. Patton

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Two words.

Not thinking.

From what I've understood, well from whats happened and what a suriviving friend told me from a drinking and driving accident is that they don't even consider themselves intoxicated when they really are. So they get into a vehical and drive themselves home. Being stubborn is really when something like this will shine though and just the fact that some people can't deal with the fact that they ARE drunk.

Which is why I tell my friends "If your drunk, call me and I'll take you home" I make sure to tell everyone I know this because I don't want friends to drive themselves home drunk. I at least hope that they are responsible enough not to travel themselves by vehical when they are intoxicated.

Signature Image

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

hum... stupidity, not thinking... all of those reason i think...

*note to self... ask my father (yes he lost his driving license because he drank and drove ~_~ )*

in my father's case, i think either he just didn't care, or he felt he could handle alcohol better than anyone else in the world... it sucks... he even told me once that he drank while driving the car... >_> and to know he drove, drunk, with me in the car when i was a kid... i guess i could say i'm lucky, and he is as well, coz' he never actually was involved in an accident... i am glad he was arrested for it though, i mean, it seems to have given him some sense of reality... hopefully, the day he gets his license back, if such a day ever comes, he will have learned his lesson... ^^

sirhenry

The Other White Meat

stupidity makes drunk ppl drive. stupidity make sober people get drunk. it's a crappy truth that stupid people do stupid things.

We are not judged by our intentions, but by the way in which others interpret our actions.

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

well why do people drink n drive??because they are already pissed drunk and continue filling their a$$ with more booze.......and they needa go home or their wife is gonna kick their a$$es
+ drunk ppl dont know they r drunk they always think they are sober......so being the idiots they r.......well u know the rest......but sometimes i wonder how do they know the road home when they dont even remember a thing since their first few drinks

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

Drinking and driving is senseless and just plain dumb!! A girl from my school died in September because the guy she was driving in the car with was drunk. She was a good student and was only 16. It just makes me so mad to think that people can jepordize other peoples lives like that. They need to take into consideration that evertime you drive drunk, it's like you're holding someone's life on a thin string and any minute it could break. I wish people would be more considerate >_<

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

Drinking and driving is senseless and just plain dumb!! A girl from my school died in September because the guy she was driving in the car with was drunk. She was a good student and was only 16. It just makes me so mad to think that people can jepordize other peoples lives like that. They need to take into consideration that evertime you drive drunk, it's like you're holding someone's life on a thin string and any minute it could break. I wish people would be more considerate >_<

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by CyanideBlizzardTwo words.Not thinking.
From what I've understood, well from whats happened and what a suriviving friend told me from a drinking and driving accident is that they don't even consider themselves intoxicated when they really are. So they get into a vehical and drive themselves home. Being stubborn is really when something like this will shine though and just the fact that some people can't deal with the fact that they ARE drunk.
Which is why I tell my friends "If your drunk, call me and I'll take you home" I make sure to tell everyone I know this because I don't want friends to drive themselves home drunk. I at least hope that they are responsible enough not to travel themselves by vehical when they are intoxicated.

I agree. Drinking reduces your train of thought, and you're subject to doing things you wouldn't normally do. It's not worth it to drive after taking a drink. You're putting yourself at risk for arrest and, even worse, death.

Quote by MaciaBecause they are stiupid...

Quote by Holtum...because they're idiots?

Because you drink doesn't necessarily mean that you're an idiot. You could be the smartest person in the world, but when you drink, you lose your train of thought. Drinking too much will do that to you...my last drink made me quit, I'll tell you that.

Quote by kaolla-kakeDrinking and driving is senseless and just plain dumb!! A girl from my school died in September because the guy she was driving in the car with was drunk. She was a good student and was only 16. It just makes me so mad to think that people can jepordize other peoples lives like that. They need to take into consideration that evertime you drive drunk, it's like you're holding someone's life on a thin string and any minute it could break. I wish people would be more considerate &gt;_&lt;

To tell if someone is drunk, make sure their breath doesn't smell like alcohol, and make sure their eyes don't look weary. If both conditions are true, then that person is drunk. Take it from me. I will save your life when you think about my words.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Drinking is wrong to me. I've seen it bring the worst out of people.

Why they drink, I have no idea, and I probably will never even know remotely for the rest of my life. That's not me. Drinking and driving - that's a shame. People. **Sighs** Wrecking other lives - what a waste and a load of garbage, I suppose. I'd deal with depression some other way. If I can tackle it mentally and head on and overcome it without any depressant, that's my alternative here.

Funny that people should die so young.
Drinking is not that fun at all, and drinking is not going to wash your bitter memories away.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

stupidity has nothing to do with the drinking and driving part well unless the person is a stupid..
stupidty only comes into play when people let themselves get wasted like that
when your drunk you cant blame a person for doing stupid things but you can blame them for
getting drunk...
being drunk does impare you senses and you judgement so if someone drinks and drives
they would mostly not have done it if they weren't drunk..

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

MadTeaParty

Madam

In some cases, parents give a curfew and the person will try to make it back in time, despite being drunk. Other times there just isn't a designated driver.

You're not supposed to drive when drunk because of impaired judgement. It's not wonder that someone that's drunk drives because of ... impaired judgement. They apparently think it's all right when it isn't.

There's nothing wrong with drinking responsibly. There're certain levels of drinking effects: buzzed, drunk, and wasted. Taking in a little alcohol to loosen the tongue and stimulate conversation is one of the most common things. Getting drunk tends to be for parties, which should, in theory, happen very rarely for very special occassions. Even still, precautions should be taken. Getting wasted on the otherhand, is dumb. Taking it that far just has no benefits.

They just wanna get home the cheapest way possible

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

That's because they're
~ stupid, or
~ too stupidized to think clearly.

The last fact is perhaps the hardest to avoid, because some people lose completely their mind faculties with little alcohol. In fact, sometimes we have agreements like this: I don't drink, I hold your car's keys, you go get wasted, I'll never give them to you, even if I have to throw pepper spray on your eyes to keep you under control, even if you beat the shite out of me in the worst way possible.

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

Quote by Macia Because they are stiupid...

Quote by Holt um...because they're idiots?

Quote by CyanideBlizzardTwo words.

Not thinking.

I believe that sums up my view on this.

Quote by melmachine18Because you drink doesn't necessarily mean that you're an idiot

Those remarks don't resemble what their saying. The title of the thread is "why do people drink and drive" and the context of the author states that the title refers to the hurtful outcomes of it. And you're right, drinking doesn't make you stupid, but doing stupid thinks like drinking while under the influence of alcohol DOES make you an idiot.

Quote by Chopstickzstupidity has nothing to do with the drinking and driving part well unless the person is a stupid

Negative ghost rider. Stupidity comes into play when they KNOW what they're getting into and know the effects of drinking while impaired. But you're right, let us blame the drink for what they did and NOT the person themselves for making the decision to drink excessively. What you state throws accountability and responsibility out the window. And further more, it begs the question of how they acquired their drivers license.

Signature

Quote by kai81220i just think its really sad that people do that. its bad enough that they kill themselves but the kill other too. i just confuses me why they do things like that. my cousin almost got killed in a crash with a drunk and after that the drunk guy acted like it wasnt his fault!
i just want to know what you people think why drivers drink.

I'm sorry that your cousin got killed by a drunk driver. You want to know why they do that? Cause they are the most dumist shit in the world that's why. They don't know how to take responsibilaty into there own hand so they end up killing someone. And the only way there going to knock some sense into there head is if you smack them or they end up killing someone. It's people like that who make the world such a mornful place.

Some of them simply have no friends, so there are no designated drivers. And without friends, there's no-one to stop them from doing stupid stuff. I always take the wheel or tell my friends not to drive if they're drunk.

Be Free and Masturbate

Someone say he drink and drive because he think he drive better, with less care (for example for the distance with the other cars).
But if they have less care it's because they are less prudent!

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

Quote by dutchforceSome of them simply have no friends, so there are no designated
drivers. And without friends, there's no-one to stop them from doing
stupid stuff. I always take the wheel or tell my friends not to drive
if they're drunk.

I agree that that is one factor for people with no friends. Even if they had friends, they might still drive home. They believe that they will be seen as weak by asking for someone to drive them home. They believe that the consequences for asking for help is greater than the consequences for driving. Their judgement is impared because they are under the influence of alcohol.

Tabernero

Tabernero

Intoxicated Soul

Because they're idiots, there is nothing wrong with it if you know when to stop drinking, but if you can't, that only makes you the biggest idiot in this world.

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.