Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is the greatest invention since the toilet paper? - Minitokyo

What is the greatest invention since the toilet paper?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 48 total items

kimifox

kimifox

dysfunctional idealist

Elastic.

I went to a book signing two days ago. The book was about Daniel Boone. The author had a replica of 18th century frontier clothing on display. I asked him why there were 1 inch wide knit ribbons tied below the knees. The answer was "to hold socks up. There was no elastic in the early 1700s."

I've been supremely appreciative of elastic since that revelation. Can you imagine underwear without elastic? Eek. Just eek.

Signature
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/forcefirefox/"]Force Firefox[/url] The Fox Loves You. Love the Fox.
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/order-of-reason/"]Order-of-Reason[/url]

sirhenry

The Other White Meat

You buncha whipper snappers dont know what you're talkin about. I've been around long enough to know what the greatest invention of all time (next to toilet paper) is. Do you remember when air was invented? No? Well I do, and I've got to tell yah, I'd have to say AIR is the best invention, other than toilet paper. I would say air is a better invention than toilet paper, but it's not much use breathin' if you have to smell poop all the time. Now put all this hoopblah to rest; I need my sleep.

We are not judged by our intentions, but by the way in which others interpret our actions.

maiku-chan

maiku-chan

Nippon no furiku

greatest invension..
the Final Fantasy series! ^^^^

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

Quote by Chopstickzslice bread of course XDnah im jk..chopsticks would be...
the best utensil of all muahahaha XD

*rofl* Good one Chopstickz!
I think the next best thing would be the discovery of electricity, and third would be silicon chips! Without silicon chips today's computers would be massive house-sized machines! I think we owe alot to the fact that computers don't take up whole buildings anymore or run on vacuum tubes. Electricity is second because without it we'd have no electronics. :D

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

TW12T3D

TW12T3D

Anxiously Waiting . . .

DUCT tape. duct tape is awsome. its on my shoes right now cuz theres a huge hole on each. my wallet is made of duct tape. oh, look whats that a tear in my chair. DUCT TAPE to the rescue. so you see nothing is better thatn duct tape. it should be the president of the world.

PikaMoon

PikaMoon

***star gazer***

people--->electricity--->computer--->internet--->distribution of anime and manga! Also, after electricty, there's also the remote control and the television. Which means we're able to watch anime! Also, the fact that people drew and created anime and manga. :) Whoever made those things that are listed above, thank you!!! Frrom the bottom of my heart!!! :D

asianspirit

asianspirit

[head-bangs desk]

WOW! o_0 everyone's pretty creative in this thread. >_<

hmmm... let's see... what's the best invention besides toilet paper? darn it! it's hard to think of something better than toilet paper. it has 101 uses.

but seriously, i think socks are the best. XD no seriously! they--they keep your feet warm. it can be taken as a fashion statement. you can hang it! and if you're really bored-- you can make sock puppets! ;)

oohhh man, sorry guys. i tried to be original... >.<

Signature
needed a new look.. :)

Kumiko-H

Kumiko-H

Professional reader

I would have to say the microwave. I love to cook, but there are days were I just can't get my 5 course meals completed :). So instead I like to pop my buritto...I-I mean my Lean Cuisine meals in and really feel the micro-waves being emitted from the machine. Not only are microwaves good for cooking but the are a good source of entertainment, too. Who doesn't like to watch that little plate go around-and-around-and-around-and-around. Whew, seconds of endless fun! Who doesn't enjoy that, who?

Signature
All I want to do is read all day long. Can someone tell me how I can get a job like that! LET'S LEAD THE PROFESSIONAL READERS REVOLUTION!!! Any takers???

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

I don't know when toilet paper was invented. ...Or soap. ...But I once heard someone asked "what is the greatest invention ever"... ...He was a pretty good dude BTW. ...His response. Handsoap. Without handsoap, disease/etc would have prevented large cities from forming, etc. ...Without handsoap we simply wouldn't enjoy the technology (or inherent coolnesses like TV) we have today. ...But that's from my perspective. ...I haven't been able to come up with a response to top it yet. ...Pretty good for a dude driving a van-load of college folks on the way back from a week-long trip, huh?

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

It seems electricity is the consensus around here as the second greatest invention since toliet paper.

Quote by ShiNN84Pizza. no wait. Maybe... pizza. or maybe pie. I might invent the
pizza-pie *goes straight to kitchen and grabs utensils and all the
baking stuff* Allright. Time to write a new chapter in cuisine's
history.

lol i don't count food as invention that changes history my friend, that is just mess up. :D

Quote by Celessa
Apparently, I find the invention of computers pretty cool. Without
computers these days, life wouldn't be easy as it would be as of
recent, apparently. People take things for granted, but its technology
like this one that I find very useful, nonetheless - over the years.

ah, well i bet it is important to you since you couldn't spread your charming personality over the internet if there was no computer. ;)

Quote by StolenThe best thing since toilet paper is - wet wipes.
No seriously. No matter where you go, this next generation toilet paper
is amazing for not only wiping rears, both baby and adult, but for
cleaning sticky ice cream covered mouths, cleaning off make up, making
you feel refreshed at festivals, cleaning messes from kitchen surfaces,
sweet smelling, and of course, to get KFC oil off your fingers.
I salute you, wet wipe!
Stolen-chan
x

Ah, a brilliant deduction, you just made me realize how important those wipes are. :)

Quote by kimifox Can you imagine underwear without elastic? Eek. Just eek.

lol you are right kimi, I can't imagine underwear without elastic, that would mean we need ducktaps as tw12t3d for us to maintain our dignity. We can have it fall off. :)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by MordinIt seems electricity is the consensus around here as the second
greatest invention since toliet paper.

lol - That could work, too.

Not to mention - I believe cars are the great invention as well because without cars, and just walking from one point to another - it gets so inconvenient over here. **Snickers**

Quote by ShiNN84Pizza. no wait.
Maybe... pizza. or maybe pie. I might invent the
pizza-pie *goes straight to kitchen and grabs utensils and all the
baking stuff* Allright. Time to write a new chapter in cuisine's
history.

LOL - another one of your funny post counts. Keep it up. - Wait - I thought microwavable food was a nice invention too. Less work for me. ROFL

Quote by Mordinah, well i bet it is important to you since you couldn't spread your
charming personality over the internet if there was no computer. ;)

lol - A wise guy, eh? How kind of you. **Hands Mordin some Pocky** Mordin, you're too sweet indeed. Hehe. The wise and almighty Mordin strikes again!

Ahh - that reminds me. The man who invented the portable Pocky Machine. Now that's what I want in my own home! lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

This is before the toilet paper, But it's the 1st and the greatest invention ever, I believe. We use it everyday and most of us doesn't even know that it plays a role in everything we have today. And I'm not talking about the "wheel". But the greatest invention mankind ever came up with is.... language ( I don't think I need to explain )

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

Cathal

Cathal

ROAR!

Immunizations to some horrible diseases. Those in a sense are inventions.

"The mouth of the just shall mediate wisdom, and his tongue shall speak judgment. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation, for when he hath been proved, he shall recieve a crown of life." - Lillium

asianspirit

asianspirit

[head-bangs desk]

Quote by DarkSaviorThis is before the toilet paper, But it's the 1st and the greatest invention ever, I believe. We use it everyday and most of us doesn't even know that it plays a role in everything we have today. And I'm not talking about the "wheel". But the greatest invention mankind ever came up with is.... language ( I don't think I need to explain )

hahahaha XD so true, so true. if not for language, we would be clicking tongues and stupid hand and-or foot gestures as means of communication. ;) the only set back it that there are so many of them. >_<

Signature
needed a new look.. :)

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

/|\ I agree. ...Language. ...where would we be without it. ...We wouldn't even have writing..

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

I'm not going to disregard language as important, it is incredibly. But what I find odd is how many things that have only recently popped up are being labeled as necessities. Yes, language is essential today, but we cant say its impossible to survive without it - how else would we have come to this point? Computers are important too, but only because jobs and schools now make the demand for them - what was wrong with pen and paper? I dont recall a message on my Leroy saying "fatal system ERROR".

In terms of what the greatest invention since toilet paper... seriously... I'd have to say the culturing process. Without it, we would be without vaccinations and medications. Oh, and second is the technique to deactivate viruses... dont want to send out active ones!

HTML Coding Hates Me...

it's sooo late that i write it, but i would say it is the Radio, couse without music i cannot take it.
The silnce, where you can hear the clock "tick tack" it drives me crazy.

bookworm

bookworm

Book Master

This question is really hard. It really makes you think about it. But, i think the greatest invention since toilet paper would have to be the computer. This is because you could do almost everything on it. Yep thats my choice the computer, without it i would proberly die.

I would rather be a poor, poor begger in a cottage full of books, than someone who has no desire to read...

Periphery

The End

Vehicles. How else do we transport stuff and ourselves?

<3 Dark Mousy ! ^_^
Signature

Periphery

The End

acks, double post by accident >_<

<3 Dark Mousy ! ^_^
Signature

LOL, oh toilet paper what would I do without you? *goes and worship toliet paper*
Hmm...second best invention eh? It would have the be the toilet! Can't forget about our loveable toliet bowl now! Where would all our waste go?! It used to go on the streets! Can you imagine that? Waking up in the morning and stepping on the neighbor's dump? LOL, a alittle graphic here but nonetheless the toilet bowl saved us all!

Then comes electricity, TV, language, Manga, and Anime!

Signature Image

Protista

Protista

Wannabe Manga-ka

FIRE!!!!
ha..ha..ha...
that was just a bit worse than electricity...
fire...arms...maybe?
More like the pencil...pencil definitely trumps.
^,^

Much thanks to KenshinFFX for the avatar!

I would have to say the hair blow dryer. Just because I can't go to bed with wet hair.

Softer toilet paper.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 48 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.