Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do I make an AMV? - Minitokyo

How do I make an AMV?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

chibikko

chibikko

chibigaki

Yo, the newbie's back. I must say I love AMVs and I'm downloading and watching them in masses. So I thought I need to make one myself but I'm kinda lost. I simply don't know how to start. There's no problem with music, anime or idea but the technical things.
Since I'm a noob I just possess Virtual Dub and no Windows Movie Maker (win 98 -_-). Well I figured out how to cut out some Clips and save them, but how do I put them together? It may sound stupid but I'm really clueless xD I don't need a huge explanation, but some links would be helpful. I googled some tutorials but I don't understand anything. So I'm thankful if somebody can help me.
bai bai

[I didn't know which category I should choose, so I'm sorry if it's the wrong one >.>]

amtcubus

amtcubus

Information is the key!

Yoho! It's very simple. You extract the clips you want with VirtualDub to avi format. And now it comes, the trickey thing ;D

You download AVI Joiner. It's a smal very simple to use tool. You add the files and move them at the position you want.

Now for the music part. Convert the track you want to use in your AMV with winamp's disk writer ( Options -> Output -> Disk Writer ) there you choose the output filder, file type ( in our case .wav ) and the foramt ( best would be you use a format in the middel ( nmot to high or to low ) ).

To now join music and video together, use VirtualDub again. Under Audio you can choose WAV Audio ( select the file you want to use ). The lenght of audio and video should be the same ( otherwise you will simply have silence at the end of the AMV even if you still have some video running ).
For now completing the amv : Switch under Video from Full progressing mode to Direct stream copy and save it to avi. When the video clips you used where compressed ( like fansub's ) you normaly dont havve to recopress them. But if you want to make the file a little smaler, then switch the video optiuons back to Full progressing mode and use divx with default settings. Under audio you do the same and choose the codec you want to use under Compression ( i would recomend to use MP3 with a format a litel under the highest you can choose ( remember, we already made the format of the wave smaler then it iriginaly was ( MP3 ) ). And just as before : Save to AVI

Normaly you now should have a AMV who should work properly.

Fly to anywhere, my COSMO!!!

Signature

Alex204

Seeking Rakuen

I think you question is a bit like "how do i make a wall" but i take you point. VD is a good start but can not apply any special effects that many AMVs use. The best advice i can give it to just google the question - i would be very suppried if there are no tutorials. Also, check out the VD forums as the people there were very helpful when i had a question.

Signature
"Rules are there to make you think before you break them."

kumilove

kumilove

Angel of Death with 8 Vectors

i know you dont have movie maker, but you should try to get atleast that (upgrading to xp if needed). i only use virtual dub as the final step (to convert mpeg to avi) and i wouldnt recommend using it as the basis for creating the actual AMV. so yeh, my most important point im trying to bring across is that you need an actual video editing program before you start anything else. its all downhill from there. any other questions? PM me, im always happy to help fellow members ^^.

chibikko

chibikko

chibigaki

@Alex
Yeah, that's what i'm asking for ^^''

@amtcubus
thank you very much. the avi joiner is what i was looking for. but when i tested to compress the file, it totally failed. my player showed the movie upside down o.O'' i guess i really need a good program. maybe i should buy one, as kumilove said.

[edit] aah yay problem fixed ^^

Aurore

Aurore

Umbrella Chemical, Inc.

The best software for making AMV is Adobe Premiere 7, a lot of AMV makers use it. Oh and I don't know if you knew this site: http://www.animemusicvideos.org, this is the best place for downloading AMV (if you want to see mine my username is Arlaithiel)

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.