Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 disappointing anime/manga - Minitokyo

disappointing anime/manga

page 1 of 1 16 total items

As a fan, have you ever been seriously disappointed by an anime or manga series? Say for example you were a fan of a manga and they developed the anime for it. Your really looking forward to seeing it when it came out and when you finally did, you realized it didn't effectively capture the manga at all. Or even the other way around. You loved an anime series so you decided to check out the manga and much to your disappointment it sucked.

For me recently I would have to say that I was let down by the Wolf's Rain manga. Now I didn't think it was a bad manga but it felt like you missed out on so much. They tried to cram 30 episodes of show into only 2 volumes. Now I liked some of the things they added to the manga but unfortunately that meant that even more of the story had to be cut out. So while the manga was not technically "bad" it just didn't hold a candle to the anime. That's why to me it was a let down.

My ever growing website Anime Fountain.

My forum with TONS of Anime, Video Game, J-Music news and more posted on a nearly daily basis. We search it out so you don's have to. The Anime Fountain Forum

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

How about just anime series that are dissapointing. There are several -in recent memory- that didn't live up to the hype or the potential of the story. Especially the movies that are edited out of popular series.

Well yeah that too. I think that anime just kind of goes in phases. You have a while where they are great and they you get a spell where its less than par. It just kind of worries me on that front that the more popular it gets over here that the more our companies will try to get their hands into it and effectivly ruin it.

But at any rate I guess the question can span over to just what anime or manga were just out and out disappointing.

My forum with TONS of Anime, Video Game, J-Music news and more posted on a nearly daily basis. We search it out so you don's have to. The Anime Fountain Forum

manga to anime is almost everytime a disappointment

Berserk
Dragonball
Naruto
Video Girl Ai
Gunsmith Cats
... just to name a few

it always misses some story parts, less brutal, less ecchi, ends abrupty, too slow narrated, sometimes bad animation

exception: i liked the one piece anime more than the manga

Pretty hard to decide since there's so many, but the biggest disappointment to me was......the end of Love Hina/Again....I hate it when a series/manga just end abruptly.

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

I would have to say Sister Princess, but only about the artistic aspect. I love the original coloured manga drawings and cg work, however the art of the anime series is completely different and I quite dislike it. I've also heard the storyline of the anime was weak and seemingly went nowhere, but I've never actually seen the series so I can't confirm that.

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

hum... easy, Samurai Deeper Kyo... to me, the anime does no justice to the manga (which is the best manga ever btw ^^)... it's just too weird with added monsters to it and so on... really bad... -_-

Crescentvn

Crescentvn

Loli Lover

[uote]I would have to say Sister Princess, but only about the artistic aspect. I love the original coloured manga drawings and cg work, however the art of the anime series is completely different and I quite dislike it. I've also heard the storyline of the anime was weak and seemingly went nowhere, but I've never actually seen the series so I can't confirm that.

[/uote]
* Well if you watch the Anime you will understand, it is terribly bad compare to the art and the story is just so damnful SUC* I really l;ike Sister Princess but the Anime is a disater >_<

May the loli be with you

the DNAngel anime was a BIG disappointment for me, but the manga rules!

Humnankind cannot gain anyhting without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days...we really believed that to be the worlds one and only truth...

mYNamEisMimOxxx

mYNamEisMimOxxx

radical x woah

Quote by Yomikothe DNAngel anime was a BIG disappointment for me, but the manga rules!

i really agree with that! i have the manga for DNAngel and it was really good so i decided to get the anime, well my friend got to it before me,but i still watched it and...it sucked so bad, the characters looked kinda diffrent ( dark wasnt as sexy! waaah! ) difformed if you ask me and the manga explains it alot better. Im the type where everything has to be perfect so dont get the feeling that you shouldnt even take the time to pick it up.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i was dissapointed with the way the ayashi no ceres anime came out... first of all it reduced my favorite character , shuro to a minor role that lasted only a couple episodes! and they condensed the story down a little too much in my opinion... like they took out a bunch of interesting story lines that might have fleshed out the anime a lil better...

Signature Image

Siri

Siri

Suou

like most other people have said... most manga to animes are a disappointment

but to name a few I was disappointed with DN angel's anime
it was horrible, they portrayed daisuke as some loser instead of a shy cute guy

Angel sanctuary was the most hilarious thing i've ever seen. because they tried to cram every thing in it just seemed very random. the effects were bad, the sound effects were like old video games and rociel gave me the shivers lol

I didnt particularly like hikaru no go's anime either. Hikaru's voice just annoyed me lol

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

Berserk OMG. how the hell can you possibly turn that great serie into a piece of shit. i'm gald the Manga is going strong.

Gantz another one the beginning was good. but after kaitou died it when downhill from there. plus what the hell is up with the ending.

Signature

Zeliard

Zeliard

I confess! I'm an otaku!!

Quote by keungmanga to anime is almost everytime a disappointment

Berserk
Dragonball
Naruto
Video Girl Ai
Gunsmith Cats
... just to name a few

it always misses some story parts, less brutal, less ecchi, ends abrupty, too slow narrated, sometimes bad animation

exception: i liked the one piece anime more than the manga

I stongly agree that most manga turned anime are disappointing. If the manga itself boost such nice graphics and story, how else can it improve besides bringing them to life? It's pretty obvious that character designs are not on par with the manga. In the recent Tenjho Tenge, though the fight scenes are superb, one of the best for an anime series, but the characters are just not as nice as the manga version.

The biggest dissapointment? Uzumaki movie. Despite what everyone says about it being a good show, I just can't love a movie with an abrupt ending like that.

Signature

Periphery

The End

Actually i thought the anime of DNAngel was bad compared to the manga, but Dark and Krad made up for it ^_^

<3 Dark Mousy ! ^_^
Signature

Hmmm, I have seen only a little of DNAngel. I didn't think it was a bad show from what I did see. However I guess from what you all say in order to get that story at its best I need to get the manga rather than watch the rest of the anime. Good to know!

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.