Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Brain Question.... - Minitokyo

The Brain Question....

page 1 of 1 13 total items

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

So it has occured to me in some odd enlighting way or somewhere i have read that the Brain is a powerful organ used by us humans and without it our bodies wouldnt even function, thus the phrase goes " The body cannot live without the mind." So in some obscure reason i ask you this....

What is the Brain's [b]Function? [/b]

Is it for thinking; like memory, calculations, analytical and theoretical purposes to further exercise our will to attain vast ammounts of knowledge making everything we do in our existance attain a certain portion of perfection....?

Or is it making everything we smell, see, feel, hear, and taste or everything we are in this world and that exist here and now have [b]meaning?[/b]

Please take time in thinking about what to answer in this....I will not answer this because i dont want to have a favoritism sense with the people who post in this nor do i want to share my answer because i already know what it is... ;)

P.s. If this has already been made then staff is happily granted to close this...

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

its control all of ur activity inside and outside
inside is our organ
outside is what u do in ur everyday life
and i dun wanna answer this quetion with some long description or scientific way
i just answer it simple way
>:-D

its also memorize ur everyday life
what u do, what u havent do, what u want to do,etc
and it will be ur greatest treasure of ur life
since all the memory we have is the only thing that can we take with us when we are dead

and so true
" The body cannot live without the mind."

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Quote by jackalx66 its also memorize ur everyday life
what u do, what u havent do, what u want to do,etc
and it will be ur greatest treasure of ur life
since all the memory we have is the only thing that can we take with us when we are dead

Thats something we have to ask ourselves once in a while...If we are remembered then, do we exist?

spikespiegel

spikespiegel

anime cowboy

To be blunt it serves both purposes.However the brain only functions at 10% capacity which would lead one to think that our brain is incomplete or laking the right "software" ( for lack of a better term) to bring out it's full potential. In fact without one we wouldn't even be able to ask the question of what it's for.

The only reason humans seek a sense of perfection is because in all rights we are greedy.From birth all we can do is want, want, want, we want food, we want affection etc. But because we get it we'll always be left wanting more so in actuall fact we as a race will never be satisfied and never attain a sense of perfection, so that's out.

To find meaning is up to the individual, to some seeking meaning in life is in and of itself their reason for being.

We as a race believe what we are told, in the 1800's we believed the earth was flat because we were told so.Untill the 1900's we believed that humans couldn't fly because so called "experts" told us so.

So because whoever or whatever created us never told us what the brain is really there for we'll go on believing that it's merely there to do both. Personally i don't question it, that is one of the few things that just is what it is to me.

I do believe there is potential for it to be more than it is but what that more will be isn't upto me to decide so it doesn't bother me.So basically what the brain is, is all upto idividual perception.

if it's between emptiness and grief,
give me emptiness.
-

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

well if you take the brain only, then the body would die, since it's the spine that's making you have all those reflex that saves you everyday (like when you trip, put your arms forward not to crush your nose on the ground.... or like not letting your hand be burned to the bone if you happen to put it in boiling water ^_^' )

but well the brain is an amount of interconnecting cells that speak to each other via chemical agents, and whether or not one connection is up influence on your memory or such.... it gives us feeling, though i'd say that without the body the brain cannot feel. it's like trying to answer the question of who was first : 'the egg or the roaster'.... body and 'soul' are two mixed things, the definition of ourselves as beings is done thx to the brain, but wouldn't be without the body.
like a blind born person cannot say 'i love this painter' or such, which would be a definition of his taste, because the organ which through he perceives doesn't function .

i guess the two things you state are functions are not separate, but one. don't know if i make sense anyway ^_^'

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

-- gone and very much forgotten

Wow. Complex ^^

In some ways, it's the most powerful computer in the world, having to decide untold things a day, some conscious ("Do I eat the week old meatloaf?") and some not so ("Send impulse to heart - tell idiot to breath").

It's also a vast storehouse. I think the great majority of everything we see and so is stored there - we just don't have the ability to tap it all, as newer or more vivid memories push the mundane into the archive.

Emotions are harder, because I think there is more to that than knee-jerk electrical reply to a situation sometimes (seeing a loved one for the first time in a month, etc.). That stuff I can't, and probably never will, figure out.

But now I'm rambling...

--
tuxedotservo
Palpatine for Emperor - Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
Dancing to the beat of a different drummer, and it's not pretty.

Alex204

Seeking Rakuen

To sepperate the world into two places. The world outside. And the dark world inside where the little voices are...

Signature
"Rules are there to make you think before you break them."

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

well, god created us in his image. and in his image, we have the five senses, enabling us to enjoy life to its fullest, so i would go for the latter answer.

Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Brain is our processor, without it, we are like a stone. So in a way, we need it to make contact in this world, once our brain dies, we will be in aother world since we can no longer make contact with this world.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

Not too sure about either of those answers/questions, but this is one of those more "msytical questions", least thats what I like to call them, cause there's no real point in asking, it's kinda like do we know that all humans right now are just operation on instinct? you know by asking these questions is this instinct, like finding a mate, or true love if you want to call it that, so I say we don't know the answers to many of the questions we ask, but we do know we can't live without it so don't question it too much and just live, oh and try not to damage it either, cause it is kinda vital.

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

shinta

shinta

Kawaii Chibi Meeper

Our brain has many functions. It does all that you have said. How? Because our brain has many different areas. These areas are specifically designed for a certain function. And yes, we have not fully utilized our brain, so far I think we only use 30% of it.

LOLz, its amazing how our brain is designed, both the in's and out's of it. I didn't study one full semester of neuroanatomy for nothing!!! >_<

Lets have a simple example. For instance, someone orders you to "Raise your right hand"

http://www.ship.edu/~cgboeree/speechareas.gif --> Look for reference!

Now, the command "raise your right hand" will travel through sound waves and will be received by our ears. This sound will then be converted in to neural stimuli. This neural stimulus will then be collected at the primary auditory complex (green) on the left hemisphere of the brain. But of course, it doesn't end there. In order for the brain to understand the command, it has to be processed.

This collected neural stimuli is then transferred to Wernicke's Area (yellow). Think of it as a processor. Now the command "Raise your right hand" is readily understandable by our brain. Let's say for instance, that we complied with the command and we want to raise our right hand.

Processed data from Wernicke's area will now be brought to the frontal cortex. The frontal cortex will now plan out and organize the necessary steps and movements to "raise your right hand" once the plan is perfect, it will be sent to the Motor Cortex for execution.

And so we "raise our right hand" ^__^

But what if, for instance we DONT want to raise our right hand and we decide to tell that person "No, because who are you to boss me around?!"

The frontal cortex will now make the appropriate steps and plans in order to execute our answer. Before proceeding to the Motor Cortex for execution, it has one final checkpoint. Broca's Area (blue) is an area that produces speech that follows the rules of grammar. Once the plan is perfect, execution!

Of course, these are just few of the things that the brain can do. If I explained everything, that take really long. =__=

Nice to know stuff: XD
The left hemisphere of our brain is called the dominant hemisphere. It is what we use for speech, language, reading, math, logic etc. The right hemisphere is for abstract, visual imagery, music etc.

Right handed people use 80% dominant hemisphere and 20% right hemisphere. While left handers use 60% dominant 40% right hemisphere. Hmm...what about ambidextrous people? Well, we'd have to test our their "sidedness" in order to categorize them to right or left. >_<

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/rightl.html

Signature Image
IMTeam -=- [Sammo] -=- [Kenzuke] -=- [OracleAngel] -=- [SapphireSky] -=- [dedwards] -=-
[WCC] [Vectorness] [Anime Club] [Canvas] [DNAngel Fans] [Express] [YYH Group] [IRC] [MTs] [FLIP]

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

tha brain is used to transfer information from an electromagntic waves to a form you can understand

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

violina

violina

detached from the world

It is our everything. It doesn't just create meaning for these things, but it's what actually experience them. How are we know if life is but a dream? Our conciousness is within our minds. Everything you see and feel, experience is negotiated in the mind.

Signature
To regret one's own experiences is to arrest one's own development. To deny one's own experiences is to put a lie into the lips of one's life. It is no less than a denial of the soul. -- Oscar Wilde

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.