Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why do you hate Microsoft? - Minitokyo

Why do you hate Microsoft?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 173 total items

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

You've probably used Windows before and damned it to hell, but what is you're biggest reason why you hate Bill Gates and his Satanic path of digital destruction?

For me, its when they're trying to dope everybody and trying to scam people into using their defective f**cked as hell appz by using excellent demo versions but directly sends them to the abyss when the full version arrives. I hate it when they get faced with a problem and says its just "Standard". Damn you William H. Gates III and you're standardized evil!!!!

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Why do I hate Microsoft? I think its because there are SO many f***in' things in this company, especially that DAMN Bill the Devil!!! He's so devil, I wanna kick his butt out to hell!!!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by AkaikenWhy do I hate Microsoft? I think its because there are SO many f***in'
things in this company, especially that DAMN Bill the Devil!!! He's so
devil, I wanna kick his butt out to hell!!!

Man that's just brutal!!! You're kinda on the riight track there. M*croshit makes so crappy appz, its about time that they got their act together. But no, persistent little conckroaches like them prefer to release now, patch later, and let them suffer.

Signature

As a professional and experienced programmer for 10+ years now, with most of my experience with microsoft, some in macintosh, and least in linux, this is what I have to say:

There have been a couple concepts the microsoft has put out over the years. Basic became a powerful visual basic, Office product were a great concept and so-so user friendly, Acess was a dream come true...almost. However, there are fundamental ethics which show microsoft with an ever groing dark and rotting core. Money and greed drives their oily machine. Products that work...to apoint and then cuase utter disaster. Common, everyday concepts which are wrapped up into a gaulant of licesing fees, drowning any intelliegent start-up company, and the scancy stench of have to be forced to an "upgrade" which means an "upgrade" in hardware, only to accompish what was expect of the software in the first place; These are reasons why I'm disliking microsoft more and more everyday.

Not a monoply?!, perhaps not. I see linux kicking it's arse everyday. Anyone check out PostgreSQL 8.0 for windows?! for how about OpenOffice 2.0 Beta (and guess what, it actually works, unlike M$ comerrcial copies which should be betas), or how about GIMP 2.0, yes for windows. Java programming anyone? But I can get mine to talk to me and do 3D. These are all open-source product, specially compiled for windows. The stepping stone to a move to convert windows users over to linux, and becuase they are nice people who care :)

Want to see how naive M$ people are? take a look at Channel 9, and it's most popular thread
How to Hate Microsoft? - http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=174

Funny how this forum was started a year ago, and this being the first topic is still on top. And the "folks" there still don't get it.

"May the aquisition of wealth no longer be your driving force." - freshblueO2

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish." - Mother Teresa

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

That's a lot of text, freshBlueO2. You've pretty much gave Billy G. a knockout punch. You've said it yourself, you've experienced first-hand how its like to feel the burden of M$ junk. I'm also studying programming but under the Windoze platform, over time I've came to despise M*croshit even more. The Blue Screen of Death, the random crashing, the upgrades in hardware, etc., its just something some of us can't take.

As soon as Linux finally gets its act up and becomes industrially stable, we're looking at a M*croshit empire decimated by Open-Source Penguins!!!! Linux is the Future!!! Longhorn, say hello to my Blow-Torch!!!

Signature

fsn

well i don`t hate m$, i just ignore her :p
their products, IMO are poor in quality, with bugs, unstable, memory/ cpu eaters and really expensive.
that`s why i use linux and only open-source and other free programs equal -even better and way more secure- to the supposed quality of m$`s products. :p

+ personal motto: Japanese Thinking, Otaku Creating.
+ member of:
__ForceFirefox! ~ Ecchi-Club ~ Pantheon ~ JapaneseLover
__Make-A-Friend ~ Section 9 ~ Elfen-Lied-Junkies ~ EVA-Children
+ kiss my GNOME-ish: foot
+ wallpaper in progress, stand by.

It was Bill Gates who developed computers for private use. If he didn't do it probably only huge companies would have calculation systems.
So I don't hate Microsoft. Some people may say now that they are doing unfair things to small software companies but I don't care about firm policies. I am just a user who likes his internet and I am glad that someone developed systems for private use some time ago.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by harakiriIt was Bill Gates who developed computers for private use. If he didn't do it probably only huge companies would have calculation systems. So I don't hate Microsoft. Some people may say now that they are doing unfair things to small software companies but I don't care about firm policies. I am just a user who likes his internet and I am glad that someone developed systems for private use some time ago.

Ehem... There were pre-Windows and pre-DOS private OS'es that were overshadowing it during that time.

And doesn't it bother you that when your beloved internet becomes is monopolized by a deluded fool who thinks he can buy anything. You're probably running Windows based on your statement, and you probably got a pretty good PC setup, and all that cash you spent for having such a good machine just to run a visually pleasing XP (or whatever). Excuse me, but we've got plenty of reasons and all the rights to rant and bitch about M*croshit and their crap. If I remember it clearly, I think this is what M*croshit calls customer feedback!!!!

The best things in life are free, that's why open-source appz and freewares are the way to go. And if you like them, support the creators by donating to the cause. Linux is the Future. The Penguins are here.

Signature

Haha, you're funny. I only can repeat that I really wonder why some people are able to get angry at a company xD For example: Did you know that a light bulb was invented that can work forever without losing quality? Light bulb companies stopped the production of these new lamps because of monopole and competition reasons. That's life.
Well, why do I need Linux when I cannot use good programs on it except the Linux fakes? I heard that even chat programs like icq don't work on it. How sad for all the penguins xD So I think that Linux and its friends will stay a minority.
But if it should really become popular, hackers will produce new viruses for Linux and the safety advantage is part of the past.

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

I will say this sincerely:
Microsoft is exactly the kind of company we all have at any time wanted of us to be. I don't hate them, even when many of their programs and apps are really expensive and unstable, but they brought me into computer ambience.
I'm a pre-software analyst for quality, and I turned more attention to Mac, but if some of us wouldn't had known Windows os, surely wouldn't be where we're now.
Getting angry is useless. Microsoft will always be on the top as long as ther is more people that doesn't know computing stuf like us.
Monopoly, well I think that's a direct consequence of their expansion. May be that's why many are angry at Billy Gates, but there is still being something we must ignore. Linux, Unix and some others will always be in programmers mind, but attacking Microsoft will only make it stronger.
Don't believe? Take a look at it now.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

Naruto-Uzumaki

Naruto-Uzumaki

Whatever...

i hate them because of the crappy os, they make good games but the os and the company.

Quote by harakiri... Well, why do
I need Linux when I cannot use good programs on it except the Linux
fakes? I heard that even chat programs like icq don't work on it. How
sad for all the penguins xD So I think that Linux and its friends will
stay a minority.
But if it should really become popular, hackers will produce new
viruses for Linux and the safety advantage is part of the past.

I have an ICQ client that can msn,yahoo,AIM and so on too (just have ICQ acc. XP ) and it works good, still not 100% compatible but i can chat and i dont need more, the Linux progams are the hell not bad. Crappy programs are for m$ os and mac or every other os available, but there are many very good programs (open office, GIMP(very good alternative to ps), InkScape, Blender and so on) and the thing with the hackers and viruses, this is true, but "Thats Life"

Signatures suck

ThePanda

ThePanda

Muffin Bucket

I don't hate Microsoft, I just dislike that the OS is overpriced. I'm not using anything else because there's no way I'd buy a mac and I'm FAR too lazy to switch to linux. All that really matters to me is that I get my anime, music, and movies.

Quote by jakulitoEhem... There were pre-Windows and pre-DOS private OS'es that were
overshadowing it during that time. And doesn't it bother you that when
your beloved internet becomes is monopolized by a deluded fool who
thinks he can buy anything. You're probably running Windows based on
your statement, and you probably got a pretty good PC setup, and all
that cash you spent for having such a good machine just to run a
visually pleasing XP (or whatever). Excuse me, but we've got plenty of
reasons and all the rights to rant and bitch about M*croshit and their
crap. If I remember it clearly, I think this is what M*croshit calls
customer feedback!!!! The best things in life are free, that's why
open-source appz and freewares are the way to go. And if you like them,
support the creators by donating to the cause. Linux is the Future. The
Penguins are here.

Several things:
1. Bill Gates CAN buy anything. He can buy three of anything. He could buy three of everything and still have funds to burn. This would, however, require him to sell his share of Microsoft.
2. Is it so wrong to use a visually pleasing OS?
3. The best things in life aren't free. You have to work for everything.
4. You can crack pretty much ANY piece of software available, so technically, microsoft's applications and operating systems are free.
5. If you can show me a linux distro that requires no learning curve, I'll give it a go (this is a request of sorts).

Signature

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

I don't hate MS. Sure their software isn't perfect. However, people blame a lot of crap on MS that's actually crappy hardware, crappy drivers, or crappy software (non-MS). If setup right on good hardware, Windows is damn near flawless in operation (security exploits aside).

Some things do tend to piss me off, however. MS has gone a route of blatant non-compliance with standards such as css2.

i used to just flame MS like the rest of you. However, actually using the alternatives has shown me what MS does right. It also highlights what they could do better. Not just in the proverbial sense, but with examples of things done right.

To a degree, the playing field is being leveled. Not so much by linux becoming that much more user friendly, but by windows requiring so much more knowledge and tact to avoid crap like sypware, viruses, worms, phishing, spam, etc. Some things are getting easier, but that's not an excuse to be a dumbass.

Signature Image

I just hate Microsoft and its owner "Bill Bastard". I've no particular reason. It's how it is...
Nonetheless I'm using WinXP. =)

Usagui

Usagui

The Lone Bunny

because my xbox fried itself , tell my thats not a reason to dislike them.

Let me Serve You!! :)
Signature

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

its a greedy company that will continue to suck money out of the public's pocket for product that doesn't even operate correctly, its rediculus how many patches and security fixes are coming out that just make my system work worse than it did before. i hate how im stuck using this system because of the monopoly it has on decent programs/games, i'd switch to macs but i freeze any mac i touch...im very good friends with the 3 finger salute (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and linux/unix looks better every day...thats my reason

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by M$ Sympathizers Windows favors lazy people who don't want to learn!!!! (That's basically what all of you are saying!!!

blah,blah,blah... those are the kinds of mindsets that make virus programmers more active. I'm a corrupt programmer myself so I don't like idiots who can't even power-up their own PC and could still dare to call themselves computer literate.

And the Best Things in Life are Truly Free!!! Take me for example, everything I have, I got for free: all my appliances at home, etc., I don't have to pay for anything. Social Engineering and Reverse Psychology are my cash and credit card. Yes, crooks hate other crooks!!!

Signature

AdventChild

AdventChild

Second Rate Ninja

Considering that Microsoft is a greeding commericial entity, only a few reasons really:
1. They make you pay for the OS (operating system for those illiterate) when it should be for free.
2. Customer service is abhoring.
3. They keep releasing a product that is systematically flawed.
4. They have tried and are trying to drown any competition (which is the point of a free trade economy).
5. They're products are overpriced.

SHURIKEN SHURIKEN

Well, I'll add a couple more items. First, I updated my visual Basic 6 from SP5 to SP6. Now my program of 3 years is not compiling anymore. Strange. My fault? Well tell me when did Public variables and constants declared in a module decide not to become global becuase of an upgrade SP6. That's a pretty common programmers concept. Or worse yet, MS had been doing this concept wrong/teaching it wrong for 6+ years now?! thru SP1, 2, 3, 4, & 5?

Or, how about importing my Access97 program into Acess2000, why is it slow? Resolution: Create the forms and controls the exact same way, etc, and to a copy and paste of the page code from old for to new form. what! You mean becuase M$ is too lazy to correct and import routine from 97 to 2000, I have to take 3 year access program and spend weeks, months doing it manually? Just like I have to take my 3 year VB6 project and recode it? And that life? That's laziness. That's "I've got my money now you deal with it" mentality.

Many of you probably don't know what I'm talking about, but that ok, I understand.

As far as Bill Gates "saved us all," if we didn't have Windows, we would have all had Macs, not simple calculation punchers. And I think we would have all be way better off with macs.

As far as windows being simplier, no I think Macs are actually the simplisit of all. But ponder on this. All of my years of teaching people, most people still don't get windows. Not Windows the OS, the concept of many windows, a filesystem, multitasking many programs, etc. They don't get it. And I hear the same thing all the time, "I don't care..." weither its MS Word or Corel Word, Adobe vs MS Paint, all I want to do is...(fill in the blank).

I think a new OS needs to be developed. A much watered down, star trek like interface. Simple menu, simple choices. For those of us that want power, we will buy power. For those that want a car for a computer, turn the key and drive, then we need to provide that for some one. That's the next big thing, simplisity.

"May the aquisition of wealth no longer be your driving force." - freshblueO2

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish." - Mother Teresa

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

You've done it again, freshBlue02! Mac is better than Windoze, Linux is better than Windoze. Simplicity is a trademark of Mac. Ever heard of an app begging for 1.4 ghz Windows PC and when loaded on a Mac asks for only 500 mhz. Simplicity also equals Power. Why so much gap? Windoze, what else!!!!

Bill Gates didn't "save" you people. He had plan to insert himself in the minds of everyone from the start. M$ didn't invent the windows GUI, Apple did. That bitch Gates stole it, and what happened: Thanks Steve Jobs, now I'm the richest man in the world!!!

Oh, and for all you M*croshit lovers out there, I won't stop bitchin', I'll flame Gates until I see him 6 feet under. And when that time come, I'll be in his funeral laughing!!! Gates did more than just stole and corrupt others companies, he hypnotized all you kiddies into believing his the One.

As we say in Filipino: "Babala sa mga gago na hindi gagalang!!! Tang-ina!!! Lahat kayo mumurahin ko!!!" If you don't respect others you're gonna meet me in the oceans of flame.

Bill Gates, tang ina mo, mahilig kang rumaket!!!
Program ng iba ninakaw, ang kita derecho sa kanyang pocket!!! Ang panget!!
Chumuchupa ka lang dati, ngayon may pera na...
Bayaran mo na yung mga hinalay mong mga maliliit na bata!!!
Ang Windows mo, sa mga gagong 'to usong-uso...
Mukha kang pekpek ni Via Veloso...
Ang laking tuso, namaga ang nguso, inatake sa puso
Yan ang bagay sayo tang ina mo!!!
Are you happy now, sabihin mo kung kulang pa..
Marami kayo, isa lang ako
Gago, laki akong Tundo!!!
Ngayon ang raket mo nabuking at nasiwalat
Tang ina di pa tapos ang aming banat!!!

Signature

Keik

TarballIUTzone

It´s not that i hate Windows but i dont like it that much.
Im A Linux user but i Have 2 or 3 Games that i can only Play under Widows,
so thats all about Windows.
Windows is a Clor Click system with no Freedom for using it good,...

DBZFYAM

DBZFYAM

Naruto-Uzumaki.com

Although I do use WindowsXP, I have to say I don't really like (read: hate) MS products. Especially Windows Xp really. I citate from the manual: Windows will not freeze as other versions do. You simply close the program and Windows continues without any problem (Note: might be different sentences since I have the Dutch version). First of all, WindowsXP freezes when only 1 program is stuck and most of the time you'll have to reboot. Second of all, a lot of older programs/games just don't work with XP because it is 'incompatible'... wth!!!

Also, for example MS Office, keep crashing or some features just don't work. When I open my version of Office (2003 Pro), the first thing I get is the message 'Compiling error in hidden module AutoExec'. To prevent this message from popping up, I have to disable ALL macros. You probably get the idea here.

Also, MS is trying to 'erase' all illegal copies, by blocking those computers to prevent them from getting updates and software (AntiSpyware? Anyone?).
Now comes the fun part:

MS is using illegal software themselves! Go to C:\WINDOWS\Help\Tours\WindowsMediaPlayer\Audio\wmpaud1.wav and open that file in Notepad. Scroll down to the bottom of the file and you'll see the following:

Deepz0ne ISFT Sound Forge 4.5

Deepz0ne is a crackgroup!!! With other words: Microsoft refused to pay for Soundforge (program to create and modify audio) and just cracked the program for their own software!

And the last one: every product of MS is just too expensive! I can say the same about Adobe and Macromedia, but hey! At least THEY make good, working software!

EDIT: BTW, they also want to have monopoly on everything. They just buy whole companies to get their hands on those companies' programs (MS Antispyware for example). Just like EA Games actually which tried to buy some of the biggest game companies (Blizzard, Ion Storm, Vivendi Universal and Ubisoft)

UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity...
Signature
Webmaster of Naruto-Uzumaki at http://www.naruto-uzumaki.com

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

dbzfyam, you always seem to amaze me. Yeah M*croshit uses illegal appz themselves, I've seen a few files with reference to a crack group or illegal appz . Plus WinXP is the laughing stock of the OS underground community because of its sky-high claims. I have sources that say were able to create more havoc because of XP than other pre-XP os.

Here's an example: The WinXP kernel is "more stable" according to M*croshit but if you view over the code you'll see its no different than 9x, aside from a few lines of "protection".

Another hateful fact: M$ tries to poison programmers and force them to use M$ friendly coding. That's when you use their appz and you gotta learn another way of coding because Windoze wouldn't be able to support it. Damn you, I'm coding something for Mac, thank you very much!!!

Plus what's up with M*croshit's products being so damn expensive, since im in the Phillipines, software here are pirated on an exponential rate, you can grab one for a little under a dollar. If the guy really likes you, heck, he'll give it to you for free. This is usually where I get my finely made, ready to screw up your PC, M$ crap.

Signature

jhujhiti

Retired Moderator

jhujhiti

Bug Exterminator

This is my bible. - Why I Hate Microsoft

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 173 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.