Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why do you hate Microsoft? - Minitokyo

Why do you hate Microsoft?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 173 total items

blah windows sucks and im using it lol i need money to buy me a power book or a G5 mac! casue windows crashes on me and do stupid things to me >.<

Signature

joepolo2002

joepolo2002

Ecchi Master

You can b*tch and moan about buggy, unsecure & unstable os, browser and programs (the standard junk from micro$oft) or use a superior product. I don't hate MS. I've moved on and use Apple OS X 'Tiger' :)

[ecchi-club] member.
Signature
Yes, I have way too much time on my hands.

I don't. At all. I admire Gates for his excellent use of marketing. I also like Windows, because it never screws up on me. Haha.

However, that doesn't mean I especially like many of Microsoft's products, such as the Xbox, or its firewall, anti-spyware, etc. that pretty much suck.

Bill Gates is a genius when it comes to marketing. He took someone else's idea and turned it into the Microsoft monopoly we know today. So, as far as marketing goes, he is a master.

I hate Microsoft and it's products for numerous reasons, the biggest being the following:

1) All Microsoft products or only barely tested before being thrown out into the market. Evidence for this is in Windows ME. That was a totally failed product that never would have been released had Microsoft performed the pre-release testing that should have.

2) Backwards/Cross-program compatability issues. IBM has a wonderful office package called Lotus with almost all the same things as Microsoft Office. However, if you try to convert a Lotus document into Office, it comes out almost as garbage. Lotus, in comparison, will convert Office files perfectly and can be edited/used in Lotus. Also, there are little quirks such as not being able to install a game in Windows XP; however, if the game was installed on the system prior to installing XP, then the game will run fine in XP. Why you cannot install a game in XP, but you can run the game if it was installed before XP is a mystery to me.

3) Microsoft's way or the highway. Microsoft is constantly setting up it's systems so that programmers and hardware designers have to conform to Microsoft's standards, regardless of how ridiculous it may be. Everything that IBM did when computers were first developing is being undermined by Microsoft. IBM shared design details to help make hardware and software compatible across systems. Microsoft is slowly degrading many of those practices all in their quest to "produce a better product."

I don't mind MS that much, but I think they should change their tactics a little bit. Their software dominates the world and the prices are way too high. I still don't get how come Apple can price the newest Tigher OSX at 149 Canadian (89 with student discount) and microsoft has to sell it at 249 Canadian (for XP Home edition)here. Apple also sell family license pack of the OS with 5 licenses for only 249, but for MS..have to buy 5 copes for (5 X 249) over a thousand dollars. Apple's OS is just as good as MS Windows.

Linux...it's free anyways..I don't think I need to say much.

It's kind of difficult for some people paying so much for an OS when computer is so essential these days. Especially when most of the application are written for Windows only

Quote by TheFallingStarI don't mind MS that much, but I think they should change their tactics
a little bit. Their software dominates the world and the prices are way
too high. I still don't get how come Apple can price the newest Tigher
OSX at 149 Canadian (89 with student discount) and microsoft has to
sell it at 249 Canadian (for XP Home edition)here. Apple also sell
family license pack of the OS with 5 licenses for only 249, but for
MS..have to buy 5 copes for (5 X 249) over a thousand dollars. Apple's
OS is just as good as MS Windows.
Linux...it's free anyways..I don't think I need to say much.
It's kind of difficult for some people paying so much for an OS when
computer is so essential these days. Especially when most of the
application are written for Windows only

i totally agree, although at this moment in time in terms of stability and workflow, OSX crushes windowsxp.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by redblitzkriegOpen ur xxxbox and ur pc.. see any difference?
Thats how lazy microsoft team is compare to sony..
Microsoft is a big fat liar.. they said that vb 6.0 is an
object-oriented programming OOP which in my opinion "A hell not". and i
find my self debating with those Microsoft fanatic freaks..
At last they released vb.net and like as always.. bill gates confessed
that vb 6.0 is not an OOP, thus they introducing an OOP version of VB.
Delphi is better than vb.. Go Borland! kick-out bill gates share on
Borland.
Linux still reigns the www.. asp.net is better in my opinion..
I guess asp.net is the only reason why windows is still my OS..

The Code Master has spoken..... you're the man Blitz!!!

Signature

redblitzkrieg

redblitzkrieg

Greatness, at any cost

Delphi rulez!!!
Delphi makes lots of money!

Boo Visual Basic 6.0!!!

â??Eye of twilight, give us sight.
Take our offer, give us might.
Make our power tears of night.â??

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by redblitzkriegDelphi rulez!!!
Delphi makes lots of money!

Boo Visual Basic 6.0!!!

How immature..... hehehe... lol

Signature

Hate microsoft..
So much..

Lots of application bug.. shift click to open at excell.. look what will happen

You know, alot of people complain about Microsoft, but you have to admit that for the average compute ruser, Windows is the best product. It's simple to set up, pretty easy to use, and doesn't require very much previous computing knowledge. If I handed my grandmother a Linux box, she wouldn't know what to do. But we gave her a Windows machine, and she can do everything she wants (e-mail, internet, Word), with very little effort. It's not the perfect product for the computer-savvy, but most people who own computers don't really care about being able to get the best out of their machine. They just want the basic necessities.

Edit: I just did Shift+ Double-click on both Excel and an .xls file on my desktop. No problems. What was supposed to happen?

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

I got another call saying:

"Can you help me, my Windoze just crashed again?"

"it's 3 in the morning, call me back in, let's say, 7 hours!!!"

Now isn't that Microsoft ingenuity. They integrated an alarm clock with shitty OS with an irritating neighbor!!!

Signature

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

I hate Microsoft because they came out with Windows XP service pack 2

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

well we have to be honest here
Microsoft is the innovator for personal computing, without microsoft, can you imagine what the world would be like now?
Btw, windows is not crappy, remember that you are trying to sell a product to everyone in the world, admit it, there is going to be a difference in users who used them, whether being a experienced leet user, or a retiree(o trust me, retirees are the worst) or an average user such as me or my parents, windows offer compatibility in all of these. Now, imagine suggesting a retiree to use LInux or Solaris, where are the documentation??? yay, open source all right...... but the documentations for other OS are far less and far lessdetailed than that for windows, it relies on you being an experienced computer use
also one thing, more softwares are compatible with microsoft n stuff
for alll, stop complain about microsoft, Again, its the users fault that they got their computer messed up while running windows (what a coincidence), not Windows.
I dont hate Microsoft, some of their corporate like behaviors do drive me nuts, but i understand it is a business, and the first priority of a business is to make money, i dont like it but i certainly am not going to hate them for it,
if u r in bill gates's shoes, u would do the same thing i bet or microsoft is going to crumpling to the ground, like oooo so many companies that once competed with them....

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Quote by hiddensnakehandswell we have to be honest here Microsoft is the innovator for personal computing, without microsoft, can you imagine what the world would be
like now?

Well yeah, we'd all be using Macs or something. I dispute the notion that Microsoft is some great innovator.

Quote by hiddensnakehands Btw, windows is not crappy, remember that you are trying to
sell a product to everyone in the world, admit it, there is going to be
a difference in users who used them, whether being a experienced leet
user, or a retiree(o trust me, retirees are the worst) or an average
user such as me or my parents, windows offer compatibility in all of
these.

Define "crappy" ;) Besides, I figure any decent OS would be just as compatible in Windows's place. I suspect a lot of this "compatibility" is about ubiquity and familiarity.

Quote by hiddensnakehands Now, imagine suggesting a retiree to use LInux or Solaris, where
are the documentation??? yay, open source all right...... but the
documentations for other OS are far less and far lessdetailed than that
for windows, it relies on you being an experienced computer use

I'm not sure I buy Windows having more documentation. Also, I suspect if non-Windows documentation relies on you being an experienced computer user, it'd be more detailed, not less.

Quote by hiddensnakehands also
one thing, more softwares are compatible with microsoft n stuff for
alll, stop complain about microsoft, Again, its the users fault that
they got their computer messed up while running windows (what a
coincidence), not Windows.

The part that is Microsoft's fault is leaving some security bugs unfixed (see IE), and having unsafe default settings (ex. Admin account by default).

Quote by hiddensnakehands I dont hate Microsoft, some of their
corporate like behaviors do drive me nuts, but i understand it is a
business, and the first priority of a business is to make money, i dont
like it but i certainly am not going to hate them for it, if u r in
bill gates's shoes, u would do the same thing i bet or microsoft is
going to crumpling to the ground, like oooo so many companies that once
competed with them....

I think Microsoft's winning strategy is "user-friendliness," but it's gone too far in many cases at the expense of security.

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Because their software is buggy. Because they use predatory licensing tactics. Because their operating system is insecure. Because their software is too expensive. Because they fail to adhere to public standards for interoperability protocols. Because there is a severe lack of options in their software, especially their crappy operating system.

I am invincible!

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

Windows = Bloated, heavy, unstable like a transmission tower without support wiring, unsafe like an unlocked car in Bronx.
Office = Bloated, heavy, buggy, slow, filled with useless options.
Xbox = Expensive, huge, few good games, must pay per month to play online.
Visual basic = Easy to code, but doing sophisticated shit with it is sooooo hardddd!!!!! >=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!! Worst of all: they made me learn VB at college!!!
Licencing = Imperialistic, neoliberal, capitalist, expensive.
Win users = Lamers, because Windows shit ain't user-friendly: it's stupid.

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

They give out defective produsts, which the unsuspecting masses gobble up, not knowing that, even after updates, it doesn't really change the performance of my system. Its system has too many glitches for me to like 'em.

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

i do admit that windows have some fundamental flaws, most notably in IE, the layer overflow in particular. But that in no way is microsoft's fault, microsoft at least care about their products by releaseing security updates and patches, the problem is on the users not update their windows constantly.

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

lol you ask that as if everyone here already hates microsoft XD
to answer your question, i have no idea why i hate microsoft cause i never knew that i did in the first place 6_^
...strange thread ^^

Signature

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by hiddensnakehandsi do admit that windows have some fundamental flaws, most notably in
IE, the layer overflow in particular. But that in no way is microsoft's
fault, microsoft at least care about their products by releaseing
security updates and patches, the problem is on the users not update
their windows constantly.

That is the most naive view on the subject that I have ever seen. All security holes in MS products are inherently Microsoft's fault. Same goes for any other thing.

It doesn't have to be intentional, either. it is Master Lock's fault that their locks can easily be cut with bolt cutters, but everything is a trade-off. Fixing that would make the locks prohibitively expensive. Micorosft on the other hand has a lot of stupid security holes that are based on badly formed concepts upon which they chose to base their entire operating system. From the ground up, Windows is inherently insecure because MS made poor decisions as far as how to make the computer more "accessible" to users, and ended up just making it insecure in ways that makes things far less accessible to users.

I am invincible!

Quote by hiddensnakehandsMacs and other OS exist before Windows came out, and why is the world not taking Macs and other operating systems. why the world choose windows, think about it

Continuing from the "why do you like Microsoft?" thread...

The Mac OS is in the minority for two chief reasons: Apple refuses to license the OS out, and Apple hardware is expensive. Otherwise afaict the Mac OS has a better "quality" reputation in userland than Windows does. Vs Linux, Windows largely maintains its dominance by sheer inertia.

That tangent aside, my original point was that if MS had never existed (as you proposed), other entities would've grown into its historical role anyway.

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by hiddensnakehandsi do admit that windows have some fundamental
flaws, most notably in
IE, the layer overflow in particular. But that in no way is microsoft's
fault, microsoft at least care about their products by releaseing
security updates and patches, the problem is on the users not update
their windows constantly.

That is the most naive view on the subject that I have ever seen. All
security holes in MS products are inherently Microsoft's fault. Same
goes for any other thing.
It doesn't have to be intentional, either. it is Master Lock's fault
that their locks can easily be cut with bolt cutters, but everything is
a trade-off. Fixing that would make the locks prohibitively expensive.
Micorosft on the other hand has a lot of stupid security holes that are
based on badly formed concepts upon which they chose to base their
entire operating system. From the ground up, Windows is inherently
insecure because MS made poor decisions as far as how to make the
computer more "accessible" to users, and ended up just making it
insecure in ways that makes things far less accessible to users.

To answer your question, i am gonna quote someone's quotes
Wow, way to read social Darwinism into this. Knowing about computers
is a skill...nothing more, nothing less. It can be learned, honed,
etc. so long as someone has the will to do it. There's nothing
inherently special about people who know about computers; they just
enjoy them and so learn all they can about them. I have no desire to
be a huge geek; I don't give two craps about programming, the
architecture behind a chip, the specifics of a graphic card, etc. But
I know enough not to get infected.

Skill in a particular area and benefits from that skill is a fact of
life. Mechanics make good money fixing cars - can other people do it?
Sure, if they care enough to learn. I will willingly claim I know
jack about fixing cars and take it to a trusted mechanic. Sure, I
could learn how to fix it on my own, but it's easier to bring it
somewhere else. People who are good at sports - other people can
increase their own skills to some extent, but don't have the
dedication to do so. Does that make people who are good at sports
'better' than others? Or people who are intelligent, or good public
speakers, or know how to cook or sew or play music or make movies or
act, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

Computers are just another aspect of the world where some people are
good with them, some aren't, some choose to learn about them, some
don't. Everyone can't be good at everything. Do I consider myself
special because I know something about computers? Please. No, I
don't. I know more about them than other people - nothing more,
nothing less. The fact that I've never had a virus or spyware simply
speaks to the fact that I take more of an interest in computers and
keeping mine secure, it doesn't mean that I'm doing anything anyone
else couldn't do if they chose to. Stop trying to put words in my
mouth so that you can preach.

And for the love of all that's holy, no one said anything about
computer users deserving a virus. They may be asking for it by not
securing their computer, but that doesn't mean they deserve it.
People who don't change the oil in their cars are asking for it to
seize. Doesn't mean they deserve it.

and MechR:
just because windows is the most popular operating system does not justify your hate for it, grow up!

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

What did that response have to do with anything?

I am invincible!

page 3 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 173 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.