Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why do you hate Microsoft? - Minitokyo

Why do you hate Microsoft?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 5 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 173 total items

ThePanda

ThePanda

Muffin Bucket

I'm lazy. Have something against that?

Anyway, the only reason Microsoft has such a grip over the market is because they established it so early on. MS had the resources to deploy their product on a large scale, and thus gained a foothold that they still maintain today. The early bird gets the worm (and billions of dollars).

Signature

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

Because I hate anybody making more money than me without working.

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by hiddensnakehands if you hate MS because their product is not secure and undermine your ability, it would be better if you help them out rather than bitch
about it, XD, dont u think so?

Not in the least. Why help the worst mass-market operating system on earth when there are better alternatives? I would sooner focus on bringing Linux to the masses than inflicting more Microsoft crap on the world.

The only thing Linux needs is more publicity. Microsoft is famous for its great promises and bgus lies. Ever seen a MS demo? It's so nice and functional you'll think it's a miracle but then comes the full version with all the flaws included.

Come to think of it, MS puts more effort in making demos than their full apps. A trait very much exercised from the beginning by Almighty Bill Gates himself...

Signature

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

And that's a fact!!!

Signature

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

jak, what OS do you use anyway? i mean i've always wanted to switch to linux but i know no one who uses it here in manila, even macs are rare here dude..

Raineiro

Raineiro

Daisaku Enjoji

Well ... hate, hate hate hate...? not at all, i want to find a better OS but i preffer hate Steve Jobs instead Billy, is more frustrating for me Mac than Win, but i hope taht the big software companies take seriously develop his products on Linux and if this thing happen, take for sure that i shall say bye bye to Billy and his "professional" app.

Signature

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by BorisGrishenkoStudies have actually shown that people who know nothing about computers find linux easier to use or install than windows.

thats probably because there are not many good applications that support linux, XD

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by hiddensnakehands if you hate MS because their product is not
secure and undermine your ability, it would be better if you help them
out rather than bitch
about it, XD, dont u think so?

Not in the least. Why help the worst mass-market operating system on
earth when there are better alternatives? I would sooner focus on
bringing Linux to the masses than inflicting more Microsoft crap on the
world.

and the world needs people like you, i know nothing about computers, so i will just go with the popular demand

Quote by ThePandaI'm lazy. Have something against that? Anyway, the only reason
Microsoft has such a grip over the market is because they established
it so early on. MS had the resources to deploy their product on a large
scale, and thus gained a foothold that they still maintain today. The
early bird gets the worm (and billions of dollars).

there are macs and unix before MS, but they dont realize the potential of making it a every home operating system, that is fault on them for not realizing their potential

Quote by TeryonBecause I hate anybody making more money than me without working.

that i take as a valid argument but a selfish one

Quote by jakulitoAnd that's a fact!!!

instead of hate microsoft, why dont we help them?

Quote by lapukjak, what OS do you use anyway? i mean i've always wanted to switch to
linux but i know no one who uses it here in manila, even macs are rare
here dude..

can u smell the popularity of windows???

in the end, i want to say, that sometimes i even find MS unbearable, IE, MC, some other office products, there are suites of softwares out there that are much better, granted. but i also realize that it is not microsoft's fault, same as if your mother cooks one bad meal today, would you hate her for it, if you make a mistake on the exam, would you hate yourself for it?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Help Microsoft? That'd be a great idea... hmmm, lemme see how many times I've tried to help ms... everytime that send error report pops up which likes pops up every minute...

Many people have made plenty of reports and suggestions to MS but all of them were either ignored or given the "Don't call us, we'll call you" treatment...

If we're going to help them, how about letting them help themselves and straightenup their lives...

I don't hate MS, I pity it. They need money so much, they resort to these sorts of things....

Signature

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by hiddensnakehands

Quote by BorisGrishenkoStudies have actually shown that people who know nothing about computers find linux easier to use or install than windows.

thats probably because there are not many good applications that
support linux, XD

Clearly you have never explored the world of open source. Most everyday programs have vastly superior alternatives on Linux.

I am invincible!

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by BorisGrishenkoStudies(...) have actually
shown that people who know nothing about computers find linux easier to
use or install than windows.

support linux, XD

Clearly you have never explored the world of open source. Most everyday
programs have vastly superior alternatives on Linux.

yeah but the problem is, specially here in the philippines, probably98% of people use ms, and if i use linux, there'll be compatibility issues, that's basicaly the reason why no one switches here even if ms sucks..

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by BorisGrishenkoStudies(...) have actually
shown that people who know nothing about computers find linux easier to
use or install than windows.

support linux, XD

Clearly you have never explored the world of open source. Most everyday
programs have vastly superior alternatives on Linux.

i dont feel the need to explore the outside open source as long as my windows works perfectly

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by hiddensnakehandsi dont feel the need to explore the outside open source as long as my windows works perfectly

Never in the history of software has "windows worked perfectly".

I am invincible!

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by hiddensnakehandsi dont feel the need to explore the outside open source as long as my windows works perfectly

Never in the history of software has "windows worked perfectly".

Yeah.. you must be hallucinating or something.

Or rather, your definition of :perfectly" is the same as how Microsoft wanted you to think.

Signature

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by jakulito

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by hiddensnakehandsi dont feel the need to
explore the outside open source as long as my windows works
perfectly

Never in the history of software has "windows worked
perfectly".

Yeah.. you must be hallucinating or something.
Or rather, your definition of :perfectly" is the same as how Microsoft
wanted you to think.

that is maybe what you think, but ppl hate microsoft becuase it crashes? plz dont make me laugh
and by perfectly i mean great, of course nothing is perfect, i run games great, run server great, run video editing stuff great, what more can i ask?

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Great is different than perfect. You said it yourself:

Quote: of course nothing is perfect

But just like you, everything is also great on Mac. Nothing more to ask.

We're both satisfied with our stuff but we both have our complaints for the other as well.

Signature

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by jakulitoGreat is different than perfect. You said it yourself:

Quote: of course nothing is perfect

But just like you, everything is also great on Mac. Nothing more to ask.

We're both satisfied with our stuff but we both have our complaints for the other as well.

yeah u see i did not start it, and i recall you started this whole discussion about why people should hate microsoft, and while i admit it is a good discussion, i do feel the aim of the discussion is started with a sinister purpose(excuse my words, nothing against u personally)

i am happy with my windows, u r happy with your macs, and lets just live it like that

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Sinister? Quite so.

Experience has taught me very well about MS and I've got enough reasons to justify my hate for it.

And feeding off the other posts against MS, I've learned more unjust actions on their part. No company has evr pulled off such acts in such a grand scale.

But I cannot let the situation die down, as long as MS continues its practice of impractical development. I'm still gonna write work-arounds and tweaks to help those MS users not MS itself.

Signature

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

have u used windows xp and 2003?
winxp is one stable secure(if u follow instructions) and user friendly operating system, and 2003 is so feature rich if you know how to use it as opposed to the tiger that just got released, keeps crashing on me when using pear pc

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Yeah, I've used XP. Too much eye candy and nothing have anything really useful. Also has a lot of compatibility issues and bugs.

Haven't really seen a Win2K3 yet... I've read some great stuff but my "hate ms" attitude is saying it's just a bunch of crap.

Signature

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by jakulitoYeah, I've used XP. Too much eye candy and nothing have anything really
useful. Also has a lot of compatibility issues and bugs.

anything that can be run on a Mac can be run on windows,

Quote: Haven't really seen a Win2K3 yet... I've read some great stuff but my "hate ms"
attitude is saying it's just a bunch of crap.

i think that is very ignorant

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote: i think that is very ignorant

I do hate myself for that. But like lapuk said, the software industry isn't that great here at home. It is quite hard to even see a working version of 2K3 here.

Signature

kylewasson

kylewasson

Otaku-man

Well, after seeing 8 pages of just nothing but back and forth, here's my two cents.

I, myself don't hate Microsoft (although sometimes I do). I actually have worked with almost all versions of OS's except for Linux (I used to help the computer teacher at my high school a lot). I can pretty much show anyone how to use specific programs, do tweaks, etc. no problem (considering most of the people I help out are not exactly "computer saavy"). Sure, we all have problems with software (sometimes I do, but not as much since I have a tweaked Win ME on a 4 year old Presario), computers crashing and other things, but it's not Microsoft's fault. It's our own, no one's perfect. We should learn from our own mistakes. Simple as that.

Visit my website here.

View Kyle's Latest Wall here (Jumping For Joy!) | Scott's Latest here (Night Magic).

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by kylewassonWell, after seeing 8 pages of just nothing but back and forth, here's
my two cents.
I, myself don't hate Microsoft (although sometimes I do). I actually
have worked with almost all versions of OS's except for Linux (I used
to help the computer teacher at my high school a lot). I can pretty
much show anyone how to use specific programs, do tweaks, etc. no
problem (considering most of the people I help out are not exactly
"computer saavy"). Sure, we all have problems with software (sometimes
I do, but not as much since I have a tweaked Win ME on a 4 year old
Presario), computers crashing and other things, but it's not
Microsoft's fault. It's our own, no one's perfect. We should learn from
our own mistakes. Simple as that.

thanks, that s precisely the point i am trying to make

We're talking about Microsoft right ? Not Windows.

Guess I hate Microsoft cos they continue to rip us off despite them making tons on money every year. Here in Singapore a retail copy of WinXP Pro costs $600, for some families that amount may be enough to feed the whole family for a month and pay the bills. BTW WinXP Home costs $400 which ain't any better, it's still a rip off, and they're complaining about people buying pirated goods. If Windows was cheaper, I'll bet many more people would be buying an original copy instead.

If u're talking about Windows, I hate it cos,
1. It's a resource hog (look at the amount a RAM it uses).
2. It's full of loop holes.
3. It's spyware.
4. It's getting more and more bloated.

But I'm forced to use Windows due to lack of support for games on linux, and that the fact tat most of the app's my sch uses only run in windows.

Though I've got to say they've really gotten their act together and the overall stability of Windoze has improved alot since the Win98 days. But they still have a long way to go.

page 5 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 173 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.