Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 If the Brain was a Hard Drive, what's it's capacity? - Minitokyo

If the Brain was a Hard Drive, what's it's capacity?

page 4 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 123 total items

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by onimakura10 kb

WOW, that's a lot.... *laughs*

Signature

Right! Especially if we have a uber-crucial, unrealistic, out of this freaking universe compression system. :D

Signature

2 floppy disks worth

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by sogmasta2 floppy disks worth

3.5 or 5.5?

Signature

zoku88

zoku88

Resident Lolicon

Quote by Akaiken

Quote by jakulito

Quote by zoku88According to this guy, its 100 terabytes.
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/feb2001/981626750.Ns.r.html
He says himself that any answer to this question is worth a grain of
salt for vaious reasons.

that guy took a lot of time in thinking about that... guess he has more
than 100 terabytes but he'll just tell me to take some salt...

Nope I think the brain is 5.9 gb and has at least 64mb of memory. It
runs an OEM version of WinME at 450mhz.

You may be right about it running on ME. People's brains sure seem unstable.

suzuki

Shut up the fuck you must!

4 Bits
to sleep
to eat
to take a dump
to have sex

THE-DARK-PRINCE

THE-DARK-PRINCE

Only God can judge me

In my opinion it will be more than 10 tb..... :) :D :) :D

http://hrof.net/im/index.pl/2956232410511211-15638.jpg

..........(((~ If u have no past, u have no present and no future ~)))...........

Zadkhi

Zadkhi

l i v e d r e a m e r

S'not the data necessarily, methinks. Lemme see...

It reminds me of a SATA HDD that's been partitioned and password-protected.

It CAN go fast if it happens to feel like it, but the partitions screw things up a bit, too, and some information isn't as readily accesssed as others.

As for how many Gigs itself...

Hmmm...

I really have no idea.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

Every human being has the same brain capacity as any other.
The case when the human hardware is useless is another story.
The brain has an unlimited capacity, every time you still watching and learning things you may think of them as interesting.
Something curious is that barin does not work like HDD's in any way. Of course not.
It's more like a memory tablet. Is data storage, with fix-state data, and RAM with temporal memory, or cache.
Is unlimited. That says it all.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

i'd say infinite

I don't think it's infinite. You have a limited number of synapses that can form on any area.
Also, most of are memories are formed in the hippocampus, short-term memory. The more something happens, the more likely the memory is to move out into long term memory. The size and shape of the connection changes. It's almost impossible to say given how dynamic the brain actually is.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste, yet we do so, almost 90%!

Quote by mnm1200

Hey now. It's not my fault I'm an alcholic

As much anime and cartoons as I can cram into it until it explodes!!!!! I love anime but am also nuts about the mid 1990's Fox X-Men cartoon and the Justice League cartoon, gotta have room for those ^_^

Just like gir..."i need them or I will explode, that happens to me sometimes!"...

arcxero

arcxero

Cast In The Name Of God.

On average, it has been estimated at 100 million megabytes, which is the very lowest estimate. Most functional theories, however, state that the actual amount of information the human brain can store, is functionally infinite.

To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward.

XyReX

XyReX

The Code Maniac

I think it depends if your brain is upgraded.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by sogmasta

Quote by mnm1200

Hey now. It's not my fault I'm an alcholic

LMAO ^^

Wait... does drinking affect the brains capacity? It depends right....

Signature

Your question can't really be answered too well, because unlike computers, the brain can't store definite values and so capacity cannot be measured. Also, we can store things such as sounds, pictures smells and tastes much easier than numbers. In contrast these things are difficult to store in a computer. My option is goig to be in the thousands of terabytes, simply because we can store analogue data much more efficiently than a computer.

i think 120gb

Our brains cannot be infinite. It can be a massive number. however i dont think infinite is the word were looking for. our brains can be broken up into small chemical particles which do not hold infinite data. therefore a bunch of finite particles can't really make a huge infinite blob. Although u can argue that the information a single Dna base acid hold is negligibly small compared to after its been put into the helix. so i guess i got no answer.... -_-

pr0pht133

none

OUr brain has unlimited capacity, it just depend how hard u want to try to unlock it.

Signature

this my friend is easy we cant tell because if the brain was a HD we would be extinct because we would not be able to learn much to survive.all the data ur brain process and store can not fit in even 1000000000000000GB.

I wouldn't say survival requires alot of data... however something like emotions would require an unbelievable amount of storage capacity. I dont even understantd emotions... Anyway. As i said before It is impossible for us to have unlimited brain. If its possible. We will be God and the 10% we use are said to use will actually be --->0%.

minyu

minyu

I Catch a Fish For You

Not very big, I need to get an external Brain X3

Signature

i remember reading a study a couple of years ago that said it could hold about 7tb but i dunno..

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
- Solomon Short

page 4 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 123 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.