Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What Kind Of Battles Do You Prefer In An Action-Packed Movie? - Minitokyo

What Kind Of Battles Do You Prefer In An Action-Packed Movie?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

For me, I would actually prefer to see more of those asian movies involving mostly weapon-to-weapon combats here - mainly sword fights, where one person takes on as many as 200 men and majorly kicks some serious butt - kind of like Azumi, in a sense. lol

Great storyline, nice battles - she definitely rocked, and it looked so cool when she ran down the path slashing everyone so easily along the way, especially when she took on the swordsmaster and beat him so badly.

I loved it. I'd definitely want to see more movies like those ones for sure.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Angel-on-Dragon

Angel-on-Dragon

DarkCrimson's Sex Slave

I don't know that many asian movies - they're not that popular in Germany.
But I love good fight szenes with swords (some beautiful katanas for example). That's one reason why I love Kill Bill.
I've just seen Elektra. I think the few fight szenes are quite good. Jennifer Garner fighting with her sais looks good as well.
So you see, I prefer good fights with weapons like that than with bare fists or guns (I think gun's are so boring...)

Signature Image

Amaranth

Amaranth

<iDlE>

I usually like all of them as long as I can see what's going on...some move waaay too fast and you just see flashes...those aren't fun...and the ones with really fake blood spill is bad too..

Lenne

Lenne

Warrior Girl

Hm :\ ,I like all kinds of sword fighting,my personal favorite one is ''Hero'' with Jet Lee,and i like the story as well. :)

Signature
My latest work:Best Friends

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

-- gone and very much forgotten

Celessa? You're back?!?

Lightsaber. Lots and lots of Lightsaber vs. Lightsaber. In other words, I'm going to be very, very hard to find come May 19th. (Revenge of the Sith release).

All signs in the trailer point towards me being very, very happy with this movie.

--
tuxedotservo
Palpatine for Emperor - Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
Dancing to the beat of a different drummer, and it's not pretty.

super cool martial art fighting is sooooo awesome
jackie, jet, chow, and Bruce XD
super cool fast moves and reflexes
nothing can beat that ^_~

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

DarkCrimson

DarkCrimson

Angel on Dragon's Mistress

The Best Battles are the cool Sword Battles of cours.I love the Duell in the Forbidden City.
Awesome Fighting Scene and great Effects. :D :)
I also love the cool Fights in Kill Bill one.(Gogo rules) :D :)

Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

I would like to see them do more old fashion mob gun fight, right now they seem to only export martial arts flicks, where people just fly all over the place. They are cool and all, but it does get tiresome after awhile where gravity no longer being involve in the movie. ;)

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

AdventChild

AdventChild

Second Rate Ninja

I've found it hard to truly enjoy some of the asian movies that have come this way because my friend loves to find "hidden" meanings and symbology in the film that it pisses me off.

SHURIKEN SHURIKEN

I totally love the tactical battles. XD Like.. well, this isn't a movie, but if you've ever read the Lion of Macedon/Dark Prince duology by David Gemmell.. *three thumbs up*

And I also love the weird, surreal fights, like the Bamboo Scene in the House of Flying Daggers.

Most of all, I love it when the fight actually means something. x_x Like it's weighted as a turning point in one of the characters' lives.. it makes it so much more intense. XD Hehehe~ and, yes. Hand-to-hand/weapon-v-weapon is better for those kinds of fights. Though an old west-style shootout has its merits, too.. fufufu~

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

I prefer martial art and weapon combat. I love a good martial arts fight sequence, especially those involving gravity-defying stunts, gotta love those flying scenes ^^ Weapon fights are great as well, and I agree with you that sword fights are awesome. I don't particularly like gun battles though, they usually are shorter and lack the suspense and artistry than other weapon battles.

gemini4life

gemini4life

The Quiet Geezer

Quote by MordinI would like to see them do more old fashion mob gun fight, right now
they seem to only export martial arts flicks, where people just fly all
over the place. They are cool and all, but it does get tiresome after
awhile where gravity no longer being involve in the movie. ;)

Anyone seen the movie Kung Fu, I believe it's not out stateside (Kung Fu Hustle is the name for U.S. release) yet watched the HK version. This is a perfect example of Mordins gravity defying martial arts. It's fun to watch, but I definately prefer old school real combat.

I'd like to see one on 10 fights, but that's really really difficult to pull off. Best fights are the ones with staffs. I absolutely love the way skilled martial artists can do truly amazing feats with what basically is a stick :D . I could never pull something like that off, but settle for the little knowledge I was lucky enough to acquire when I trained for a few weeks in summer with a dojo sensei. Doubt I could ever fight anyone, but that's fine since I'm a strong believer in martial arts as a form of physical and mental excercise. That's probably why I chose the discipline Tai Chi over all the other ones

It's not that I have better vision
It's that I open my heart to that which others turn a blind eye to

like Azumi. well i'm not too sure what that is but I generally agree with what you said.
I'm also in to the weapon based fights but when they get TOO exhaggerated like in that
"hero" movie w/ jet li when they were standing on ceilings and fighting each other or blocking thousands of arrows at one time with one sword or just unrealistic things...that does kind of kill it. Sometimes..

Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by narutofan92like Azumi. well i'm not too sure what that is but I generally agree
with what you said.
I'm also in to the weapon based fights but when they get TOO
exhaggerated like in that "hero" movie w/ jet li when they were
standing on ceilings and fighting each other or blocking thousands of
arrows at one time with one sword or just unrealistic things...that
does kind of kill it. Sometimes..

Azumi - lol

It's not as complicated like Croutching Tiger, Hidden Dragon but it has similar sword fighting techiniques like that, and its pretty original too - no really high tech stuff involved. I thought Hero was a great movie as well.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

TW12T3D

TW12T3D

Anxiously Waiting . . .

weapons, explosions and blood. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

hum... also fights with traditional weapons... guns can be cool too, but the fights aren't as stylish... so, i still prefer martial arts ^^ and it doesn't matter whether is the realistic American style or the no-gravitation Chinese style... i like both ^^

PikaMoon

PikaMoon

***star gazer***

Hmmm...besides martial arts and just weapons, I also like the old Chinese movies/series where they have "magic" powers. It's not really magic but they know aweome attacks. For example: doing a roar that's makes hurts everyone's ears, or like dragons made out of...something...or, dang, stuff like that. XP

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

I like hand to hand combat. Heck I love all kind of fighting.
Not too fast or too slow is how it should be. There should be some sence of gravity also. You can't be light enough to run on the tip of a grass or top of water. Sure it cool but give a good reason on how they do that. Not just that so and so trained for 20 years to perfect this... Also nothing like in Hero when those two stormed Forbidden City or some place like that where they just swing and break everything with ease. Cool but kinda boring...
For guns... something like Metal Gear Solid. ^_^

Learning little by little.
Signature

I like epic scale fights with intense action form any culture or time period (e.g. LOTR - Battle at Pelennor Fields, the Normandy D-Day landing in Saving Private Ryan etc.)
For action centred around the hero, it's gotta be James Bond. More specifically, the final fight sequence in 'Tomorrow Never Dies', aboard Carver's stealth ship (where he takes out pretty much everything , rolls down some stairs and still gets in his witty retorts before taking out the baddies). Another great fight is the opening sequences to 'Tommorow Never Dies' (I love the espionage bit and then the transition to a fighter jet battle) and the opening sequence to 'Goldeneye'. Great stuff.

VampireMelinda

VampireMelinda

Digital Goddess

My Favorite battles are a mix of a Sword and Hand-to-Hand (Kung-Fu) or Pure Sword or Pure Hand-to-Hand.

"Don't You Want to Hang Out and Waste Your Life with Us?" - Spike from Cowboy Bebop

kumilove

kumilove

Angel of Death with 8 Vectors

anything with more advanced bullet time techniques. yeh the matrix started it but there are so many ways it could have done better. i agree about the one on one hundred thing as long as it isnt that cheesy like kill bill (look mommy, black and white blood lol (american version that is))

Kenryo

~*God ~ of ~ Speed*~

Martial arts and sword fights rulez.
but if and samurai movies that i think rocks, thats "The Last Samurai" acted by Tom Cruise

If in sequence, i like then to fight the fight with swords until they both lose their swords and then the best part Hand to Hand combat.

But hand to hand combat is cooler. (unless that movie is like Samurai X Buahahahahaha)(i'm crazy, i know)

Ways of the Assassin
(not finished)

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I like action movies with a little edge to it. Some of my favorites are Snatch, Battle Royale and Kung Fu hustler. I have alot more but these are the the few that I think are really good.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

azumi ^^.
Was a funny movie ^__^

Great effects and story but I'm confused with the ending ^_^
But it has a nice fighting scen in it.
ZJust the right ammount of blood XD lol

Battle royal is also cool.
ONe of my fav jap movie.
I like Jap stories ^^

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.