Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what do you think? - Minitokyo

what do you think?

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Kally2

Kally2

sweet girl

just wanndering what everybody thinks of having a MT boyfriend of girlfriend is it realy a good idea having a boyfriend or girlfriend that lives in a different country or state? I think its a good idea of having an online boyfriend as long as they love ya and that you trust them right? so what does everyone else think?

Signature

I think it's O.K. It's like what you said as long as they love you that's all that matters. It dosen't really bother me as much cause you still talk to the person so I think that's all what matters.

Kally2

Kally2

sweet girl

nicely put. thanks for posting in my thread

Signature

I think its totally fine to take an online friendship to the next level, but don't expect it to work out as a normal one would ;)

Signature Image

Quote by SharinganKnightI think its totally fine to take an online friendship to the next level, but don't expect it to work out as a normal one would ;)

He He..........I think someone has had a oneline relationship before.

yea i like online relationships because you like the person for there personality not there looks :)

Jinpun

Jinpun

The one and only

I've never had an online relationship before, but I don't see anything wrong with it. If you and the other person think you can handle it then I certainly say go for it, but it will be alot of work I would imagine so be prepared...

Signature

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by Firedemonyea i like online relationships because you like the person for there personality not there looks :)

That is very true, appearance doesn't even matter when online, you get to see what the person is like on the inside, which is whats really important i think :D These relationships can be very hard tho, especially if you live far away from the one you love. But hey, anything is possible, and things can work out hopefully, if you keep at it, and put your heart into it.

Signature

outofphase

outofphase

Xenophile

Online relationships are fun. hmmm my first serious girlfriend and i talked online for a few months before we ever met (we lived in different states). Haha, actually i had seen her before we started talking but didn't manage to say anything to her =P. Anywho, it was interesting when we met, because we knew so much about each other, but at the same time we hardly knew anything (because really, people do act differently online). That's an important thing to think about, because the person you meet will have a lot in common with their online 'counterpart' but they won't be the same. That didn't create a problem for us thankfully, and it was definately a good experience ^_^

Signature
www.outofphase.tk -Online Manga, Sketchbook Gallery, and how to Draw Tutorials

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

well i'm all for finding that special person, but the hard part is seeing yur bf/gf and having a "normal" relationship...i've got a friend and he met his current gf online, but she lives in canada... and it really starts to drain the wallet going back and forth to see each other. long distance relationships are hard and conversation can only take you so far... especially if it's a romantic relationship. but if you're fine with not seeing them as often as you may like, then i'd say go for it! (i really didn't mean to sound as cynical as that turned out... gomen! ^_^' )

Signature Image

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

I think that online relationships are fun until you get too serious, when your partner starts to doubt if you're being loyal, when you start to doubt. Online relationships can be fun, and certianly eaiser than real ones. I think its eaiser to find people who have things in common with you when you're online, i find that people are more open on a forum and you can find out what they're really all about. But then again, theres allways the situation where you meet people pretending to be someone they're not, and its far eaiser to do that online. Its a risky thing having an online bf/gf.. all i can say, if you're in a relationship dont get too serious about things.

Signature Image
My Featured Wallpaper: Bleach - Renji
Feel free to browse my Gallery, comments appreichated.

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

i guess that online relationships can work but it probably depends on the people that are involved in the relationship
probably would be really hard though because you wouldn't be able to actually see each other and what not
and the person taht you like can be cheating on you and you probably wouldn't even know about it
so it seems that is is based on trust and there aren't any absolute answers to the question...

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Online relationships... LOL. You can't be serious guys. One of the most important things in a relationship is the physical attraction. I'm sorry to be so dirtect but there's no such thing as "platonic love". I just can't take that seriously. Unless you get to meet that person in real life and you actually get to like her/him for her/his appearence as well then there could be a slight possibility to develope a serious relationship. But if it's going to be a pure online relationship then it's just like playing the "lovers". A total waste of time. And you could end up being emotionally hurt.

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

Quote by ShiNN84Online relationships... LOL. You can't be serious guys. One of the most
important things in a relationship is the physical attraction. I'm
sorry to be so dirtect but there's no such thing as "platonic love". I
just can't take that seriously. Unless you get to meet that person in
real life and you actually get to like her/him for her/his appearence
as well then there could be a slight possibility to develope a serious
relationship. But if it's going to be a pure online relationship then
it's just like playing the "lovers". A total waste of time. And you
could end up being emotionally hurt.

Even though i dont completely agree with online relationships i have to admit that was pretty shallow. If you love someone just for their appearence, it isnt really love, just basic animal instint. Its just getting to know someone online can be challenging, but you can still fall in love. It isnt a waste of time if you made a new friend, but you can still be emotionally hurt, like any relationship. But I admit... ive never seen an online relationship truely work out in the end.

Signature Image

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Quote by LastDinosaur

Quote by ShiNN84Online relationships... LOL. You can't be serious guys.
One of the most

Even though i dont completely agree with online relationships i have to
admit that was pretty shallow. If you love someone just for their
appearence, it isnt really love, just basic animal instint. Its just
getting to know someone online can be challenging, but you can still
fall in love. It isnt a waste of time if you made a new friend, but you
can still be emotionally hurt, like any relationship. But I admit...
ive never seen an online relationship truely work out in the end.

You don' get my point. I am not saying relationship are ALL about physical attraction, I am saying that it can't be denied that one of the ingredients of a TRUE relationship is also the physical attraction. And no matter how much you like that person for her/his personality, if you don't find that person attractive you won't get things to work properly. I am not being shallow, I'm just being realist. And I'm not saying that knowing people online is a waste of time, I am saying that trying to work a love relationship online is a waste of time. That's the difference. I have met IN REAL LIFE about 100+ people that I first got to know online (I constantly go to LAN parties all over my country, never heard of them?), they are all great friends and I have strenghtened my friendship with them, and with the female friends that I got to know online I never went beyond the friendship so far because none of them actually created that "magic feeling" that makes you fall in love (in all the ways, physical, emotional, and so on).

so in the end I am just stating that love relationships that are born online are too hard to be worked on, it's easier to find a partner in the real life where you can get to know the person in all the aspects.

Call me shallow whatever you want. That is what I think, and I base my opinion on what my experience and on facts which I've seen/assisted to.

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

Quote by ShiNN84

Quote by LastDinosaur

Quote by ShiNN84Online relationships... LOL. You
can't be serious guys.
One of the most

Even though i dont completely agree with online relationships i have to
admit that was pretty shallow. If you love someone just for their
appearence, it isnt really love, just basic animal instint. Its just
getting to know someone online can be challenging, but you can still
fall in love. It isnt a waste of time if you made a new friend, but you
can still be emotionally hurt, like any relationship. But I admit...
ive never seen an online relationship truely work out in the
end.

You don' get my point. I am not saying relationship are ALL about
physical attraction, I am saying that it can't be denied that one of
the ingredients of a TRUE relationship is also the physical attraction.
And no matter how much you like that person for her/his personality, if
you don't find that person attractive you won't get things to work
properly. I am not being shallow, I'm just being realist. And I'm not
saying that knowing people online is a waste of time, I am saying that
trying to work a love relationship online is a waste of time. That's
the difference. I have met IN REAL LIFE about 100+ people that I first
got to know online (I constantly go to LAN parties all over my country,
never heard of them?), they are all great friends and I have
strenghtened my friendship with them, and with the female friends that
I got to know online I never went beyond the friendship so far because
none of them actually created that "magic feeling" that makes you fall
in love (in all the ways, physical, emotional, and so on). so in the
end I am just stating that love relationships that are born online are
too hard to be worked on, it's easier to find a partner in the real
life where you can get to know the person in all the aspects.
Call me shallow whatever you want. That is what I think, and I base my
opinion on what my experience and on facts which I've seen/assisted to.

Ill take back that shallow comment cause i wasnt following you completely. But i still believe that you can fall in love without actually seeing the person. If you met a person who had so much in common with you, who you could enjoy spending time with whenever, even those this person may be a thousand miles away and you've never seen their face, whos to say it isnt love? Physical attraction might be a factor for some, but when you really get to know someone, (even in real life), it wouldnt matter anymore. Just because you dont want to pass the freinds limit is fine, but you cant compare everyone to yourslef. And when you say love is physical and emotional, first off thats an opinion, and second.. If u remember the saying, "Beauty is only skin deep"

Through MY expirence, i would say love is possible, but a lasting relationship is highly unlikely. Even relationships in real life are tough, i find online relationships just get tougher

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.