Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Religion versus Atheism O_O - Minitokyo

Religion versus Atheism O_O

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

this question came up in my world religions class and i thought it was interesting so im posting here as well. this was a controversial subject in my class because of course there are a lot of pros and cons to each side.
my preference is religious cause i grew up with buddhist and catholic influence and i cant really see myself without some sort of thing to belong to. i find it gives you something to fall back if something bad happens like a death or a illness. cons to this might be that religions can be really demanding and have rules and ristrictions etc. i have atheist friends who are perfectly fine in their life so i want to make it clear that both sides are equally good.
but people have different prefs so what is yours?

Signature

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Religion is very important to me. I'm Christian, and have been all my life. I can't imagine life without God as my backbone...to me my faith is a major part of who i am :)

Signature

AdventChild

AdventChild

Second Rate Ninja

I preference is agnostic, because I don't care about religion in the slightest, nor do I hate it. Religion for the most part is a joke. It's a form of political control with no purpose. The only thing that really matters is the belief, not the embodiment.

SHURIKEN SHURIKEN

Ambience

Ambience

Not What You See

Amen, skysong. I myself am a very strong Christian. (I do not consider Christianity a religion, by the way, but a relationship with Jesus) I don't know where I'd be without God. He gets me through everything..in the tears and in the joy. My faith is also a big part of what makes me 'me'. Without God, my life would be so screwed. I'm free in the truth. Before anyone gets all 'WuH? J00 Don't KnoW WH4+ trUtH 1s J00 R3L19i0u5 8190t 818l3 tHump1Ng phre4k!!111'

There is insurmountable evidence that favors Christianity. Physics, Space, History, Science, Math, you name it. :3

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Hm.. I fall into a the Buddhist category. But for the most I'm more atheist. Personally i find it quite hard to dedecate ur life to sumthin all high and mighty XD.

Holt

Holt

pffft

I believe in science but I'm not really atheist as I still believe in a sort of God. Just not in the narrow definitions set by religions. I think of science as just another belief system that tells more about "how" things work rather than the underlying "why" things work.

Signature Image

I perfer the "I don't bloody care, ALL I WANT IS FOR YOU GODS TO screw yourselves" approach.

Seig Jion....Seig Jion

asianspirit

asianspirit

[head-bangs desk]

I'm a so-and-so. I'm catholic and I believe in God. But I don't take it seriously. My attitude is "yeah, i believe in God," and then curse and swear XD

Signature
needed a new look.. :)

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

i'm officially Catholic... but i managed to run away from all my religion classes in high school... i guess i could be considered an atheist by some, but i have my own beliefs, and that's enough to me...

I'm totaly fine if you don't have a religion. I'm a Christian though, it's like what my brother said "religion is what keep people sane" I'm not that crazy person who thinks everyone has to be a Christian to tell the truth I hate those kind of people. Sorry if I offened anyone. Anyway I respect what other people are and what they beleave in.

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

Quote by AlishaI'm totaly fine if you don't have a religion. I'm a Christian though, it's like what my brother said "religion is what keep people sane" I'm not that crazy person who thinks everyone has to be a Christian to tell the truth I hate those kind of people. Sorry if I offened anyone. Anyway I respect what other people are and what they beleave in.

i think that your right cause without a religion to follow you wouldnt really have a standard to live by or anything to set aside what is right and what is wrong. it might be common sense too but religion gives you morality.

Signature

Quote by kai81220

Quote by AlishaI'm totaly fine if you don't have a religion. I'm a Christian though, it's like what my brother said "religion is what keep people sane" I'm not that crazy person who thinks everyone has to be a Christian to tell the truth I hate those kind of people. Sorry if I offened anyone. Anyway I respect what other people are and what they beleave in.

i think that your right cause without a religion to follow you wouldnt really have a standard to live by or anything to set aside what is right and what is wrong. it might be common sense too but religion gives you morality.

That's true. It gives you something to live by and it gives you reson to look forword to the next day.

maiku-chan

maiku-chan

Nippon no furiku

i'm religious but then i don't care at all about the religion. does that make me an atheist? o_0

DNG

DNG

Demonic

I have to believe in a God, I can't accept being the result of an accident in space. Besides when I read the Bible it predicts things happening now and tells why.
Besides, religion gives hope and guidlines that can ensure a happier life. :)

Mortal life is a race to the finish - that's why it's called the human race. DNG

DNG

DNG

Demonic

I have to believe in a God, I can't accept being the result of an accident in space. Besides when I read the Bible it predicts things happening now and tells why.

Mortal life is a race to the finish - that's why it's called the human race. DNG

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

Quote by DNGI have to believe in a God, I can't accept being the result of an accident in space. Besides when I read the Bible it predicts things happening now and tells why.

true. i also believe that something or someone had to start the universe off. i think the big bang did begin life but i dont believe it started on its on and a greater power "helped" it along. this is probably cause the whole adam/eve story is just too un realistic to actually have happened.

Signature

Quote by maiku-chani'm religious but then i don't care at all about the religion. does that make me an atheist? o_0

No I don't think so. I just think your just not to serous about is kina like me....

im a full blooded atheist and im proud of it!

my family is buddist. i think it is a very good religion

NegativeBahamut

NegativeBahamut

The Grim Angel

I´ve gotten to know various religions, but this isn´t a debacle to see which is best. Religion is definitly an important part of my life on many levels. I don´t think I´d be me without religion, so I have to opt for that. I can´t imagen life without God. But that´s my opinion.

Signature Image

It is my duty to pass judgement... the will of the gods is absolute." -Ledah

TurtleEmperor

TurtleEmperor

full-time slacker

I'm an atheist. I don't believe in non-materialized existence such as God, spirits, souls, etc.

Signature Image
thank May-sama for the siggy ^_^

I'm on the hinge of being an aethist, and being polytheistic. Basically .. if there is a some higher being, which there probably isn't, it'll be more than just one.

As for the bible predicting things .. so did Nostradamus. And with him, we aren't sure if he was a heretic or not. So no basis there.

Religion was said as to being why people have morality, and why they do what they do, but in my case, thats false. I don't do anything I do because of religion, but because I feel it right to do good, rather than not. Whether it be Christians telling me to do good, or Wiccans telling me, I'll do what appeals to me, with no thought of religion in mind.

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

I believe that all organized religion is bad. It's detrimental to society as a whole. But I think belief in God is good. Religion cause war and hatred among people. God gives hope. But I'm still atheist.

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

Quote by DNGI have to believe in a God, I can't accept being the result of an accident in space.

LOL That's cute. (No, I'm not making fun fo you!). I kinda feel the same way...
Anyway... I belive in God. I'm a catholic. My religion is very important for me, but I'm not a fanatic.
I have lots friends form different religions, including atheists, and it's fun! really :D
Religion is something simple and natural for me :) (if that makes any sense)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.