Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Religion versus Atheism O_O - Minitokyo

Religion versus Atheism O_O

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 43 total items

Nisna

Nisna

~ Meow ~

I'm atheist!
I can't believe in religious stuff... for me it sound impossible - far from my reality sense... though I like the religious ideas and think they're quite interesting...

skh

Infamous Leecher

I'm an atheist. I understand the fact to believe in god, but I think it should be something personal, I mean you don't have to follow a religion and all its 'traditions', in order to believe in something.

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Maybe I should clarify something for you guys.

1)An atheist does not accept or believe in any kind of highter power or continued existence. They believe in factual based reality.
2)An agnostic accepts the existence of a higher power but does not define it as organized religions do.

Now as to my personal stance, I'm agnostic. I do not accept religion as fed to me by various churches. Most churches are unwilling to accept and face the challenges presented by historical facts. I'm sorry, but faith isn't refusing to listen. Faith is believing without proof. If you can't prove the existence of a higher power and still choose to believe you have faith. If you won't accept the facts of evolution or human manipulation of a religious works then you don't have faith. It means you are afraid to question. You can only be said to believe in something when you are willing to find the flaws in your belief.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

aog506

~Burn It All~

It's alright if you do not have a religion.
I do not really have a religion, but I like The Buddhist's ideas, so I'm sorta Buddhist

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Quick question to kai81220: You said buddhist and catholic? Aren't those rather contradictory? My friend is buddhist, and it teaches that one isn't to worship a diety (at least that's my understanding) while catholicism is.

Sorry in advance if I'm wrong ^_^'

HTML Coding Hates Me...

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

I read somewhere that god is like an imaginary friend for adults (and/or children) which I believe is true. I think atheism is a better idea, becuase most people that are raised young with a religion don't really understand a lot about it. Of course, it also depends on the religion and what it teaches. you.

I consider myself a spiritualist. I've had people call me athiest because I don't believe in God, but thats wrong because I believe in something. I always say I don't know what it is, but it's there and I know its there. ^^;; Oh and I bellieve in reincarnation. I kinda blend lotsa religious ideas, the ones that make the most sense to me.

Religions like Christianity are more of a philosophy to me. Good ideas and guidelines to live by, but totally corrupted when they are brought into a power setting.

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

I am an atheist. As for the creation part, I believe in the discoveries of science and I don't really care that life began accidentally. Why should there be a "creator"?
I agree that religion gives people hope and courage, but the thing is that it is false. And I don't like the idea of hanging onto false hopes [just my opinion, no ofeense meant]

Nevertheless, I respect other people's beliefs. In fact I liked reading about different religions since I was a kid ^^

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

Well once I thought I was an Atheist but I found out I'm actually a Satanist, no noth devil worshiping, baby-eating, sacrfic, kind but one who believes in themselves and wants to better them selves, so I say we all are religious in some way or another, and are all a little satanist in ouw own way.

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

Atheism is almost a religion in itself.

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

Quote by MystfyreAtheism is almost a religion in itself.

I don't agree with that
Most religions have some higher beings that created the world and the such.
Also, all religions teach about a certain moral code which the believers have to follow.

In atheism, there are no supreme beings and people follow their own moral code.

I don't see in what way atheism could be a religion^^

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

It's amazing to see so many users @ minitokyo.net, and are unable to exert the many other variables to whether religion is bullshit or atheism is factual skepticism.

Here's the load.
Religion: Let us replace "God" with the Big Spaghetti Monster in the sky. Now, by default, any statement that is cited including the name of "God" in it is deemed correct. For instance. God will allow you to walk through the gates of heaven if you profess your sins before death. Well, okay..... Now let's flip to the other side of the coin. Try this out; The Spaghetti monster in the sky will allow you to walk through the gates of heaven if you profess your sins before death. Sounds like complete bullshit, eh?

Atheism: There is really nothing to point out about this practice except for the fact that atheists seek only logical/scientific factual evidence. For instance, let's take two items, a watermelon and the cosmos. First, the watermelon. How do we prove that the inside is pink or yellow, depending on the region it was grown in? Well, we just fucking chopped the thing in half..... Now item two, does the cosmos hold many secrets? Well, we don't know right? Because we haven't been able to expand our knowledge about the cosmos.

Summary: I'm socially scientific, morally atheist

Just like a Christian "knows" that there is a god, an Atheist "knows" there isn't one, and treat this "knowledge" in the same way that Christians do - with blind faith. Thats why I assert its almost a religion in itself.

To satisfy myself, I looked up the definition of religion at www.dictionary.com

1. a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
b. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

My idea works for definition 4. Yay.

i probably won't check this thread again.

zoku88

zoku88

Resident Lolicon

I'm agnostic. I believe what Karl Marx said about religion. AdventChild pretty much summed it up.

Mizu-kun

Emotionless Baka

I'm of the opinion, that neither we can proof that there is a god nor can we proof that there is no god. So I think that everybody believes what seems more believable to them and thus I'm atheist, since I can't really believe in something like a higher being aka god.

And we don't need religion for moralities. For example I stick to the Categorical Imperative and I have higher moral conceptions than most of my friends and acquaintances.

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

I am a strong atheist because Religion is one of the great evils of the world, especially Christianity. It makes fools of us all. I'm not saying it's a bad religion, but it lead to a result contrary to it's purpose.
It destroyed democracy and opened up centuries of horror and death and, among other things, helped lead to the Holocaust. Yes, THE Holocaust. I believe atheism is just another word for something else. Common Sense. I don't rely on a book to answer my questions in life. I grab a magnifying glass and look through.
And, yes there are some questions that cannot be answered but I never pretend to have an answer. People say they have the answer to life's mysteries. Where are we from? Why are we here? Where are we going? They say they have an answer but their theories hold absolutely no water. That's what religion is. A bunch of unprovable theories.
Here are some questions people always ask me once they find out I am an atheist:
Who do you think brought you into this world? I say: My mother and father.
Who do you think gets the food on the table? I say: My father who works his ass off to get it there.
And when they ask me questions like:
Who do you think created the universe? I say: I don't know and neither do you.
Where do you think we go after death? I say: I don't know and neither do you.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

rslgto

rslgto

Der Wille zur Macht

Atheism is a way of life

"Condemn me, it does not matter. History will absolve me!" - Fidel Castro

~Run Kasumi Run!~

I'm part agnostic and part athiest, it's hard to explain. There has to be a higher power, but it can't be what religion depicts it as. I thought about this for five years or so and concluded that the only purpose of existance is existance itself. "I think therefore I am"

Proud member of [ElfenLeid Junkies] and [ForceFirefox]

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Damn right rslgto. That's a weird name.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 43 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.