Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The best Command & Conquer game - Minitokyo

The best Command & Conquer game

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Firefox

Hi, I'm your favorite browser

I played Command & Conquer Red Alert, Red Alert 2, Tiberian Sun and Generals plus the add-on. I must say that I really enjoyed Red Alert 1 and 2 (especially the first part had awesome music) but Generals just beats all, although it's a whole lot different from the rest. I know Generals had a lot of negative critic, most likely because gamers are too busy expressing their hate against the enormous EA. I don't care, I only judge the game, not the one who made it nor plublished it. I made maps for Red Alert (if anyone wants them, just let me know) and tried it for Generals. I said tried, because Generals doesn't run anymore with the latest drivers for my GeForce FX card. Leveldesigning itself went pretty good and the editor is quiet easy to understand.

What is the best C&C-game in your opinion? And use some good motives, don't just yell something without backing it up with good reasons.

kumilove

kumilove

Angel of Death with 8 Vectors

i havent seriously played anything westwood for 5 years now. i didnt like red alert 2 mainly cuz if you had one of those mass destruction weapons then you won. my friends also did this thing where they rushed at the beginning of the game and would take me out before i finish doing anything with my base so yeh re2 was cheapness to me. tiberian sun was too slow, around this time was when i turned over to blizzard and broodwar. in brief im going to have to say aftermath of the first re was the best, it was to me the most well balanced game for both sides and my fave character was the tesla tank. i dont play rts's anymore though...

Firefox

I always considered Tiberian Sun to be too fast, like buildings being constructed and units driving over the map.

Speaking of Red Alert 2, I was playing this game onces over my network at home against my brother. He parked about 50 Apocalypse tanks in front of my base. I had about 6 Tesla Coils for defence, about two Yuri's and four Kirovs. I won in the end, due to the combined strenght of the units, it was better then brainless power. A very remarkable battle that was.

hahaha... stupid question.... sure that RA1 and RA2 and Yuri Revenge OWN all the time =O

Firefox

Quote by Soundwavehahaha... stupid question.... sure that RA1 and RA2 and Yuri Revenge OWN all the time =O

I thank you for sharing your opinion with us, but I do would like to see that you give us some good reasons why you love those games the best. Just a single shout doesn't add very much to the discussion.

I played Yuri's Revenge a little but it does certainl rule. The additions that are there really add something wonderfull to the gameplay. More units had an unique voice if I recall it properly as well.

I played Red Alert 2 first, being introduced into the series by a friend. I really enjoyed the defenses. Love the Tesla Coils, awesome stuff. Though my favorite was using armies of Chrono Legions. Using those and the armies of Prism Tanks, I could plow through most defenses.

I've played Generals and Zero Hour. I would play that more if weren't for the bad scripted A.I. Whenever you had large amounts of A.I the game would bog down so bad you'd think you were running the game way below recommended specifications. It was fun when playing against other people though.

My favorite was probably the China Nuke General (half price nuke bombs!!!) and then USA Laser General.

NatsuNoTenshi

NatsuNoTenshi

the summer within

I've only played RA2 but it was damn fun, especially when i got online. i remember playing that game for hours, i thought the whole unfolding buildings thing was the coolest ever :p
i did get the chance to play Renegade at a friends house and that was pretty damn fun too, even though i heard its gone to hell with all kinds of hacks and crap. As for me RA2 was the best, seeing as i never really played the other, but it was still and great play and i enjoyed it.

"Whatever poison's in this bottle will leave me broken sore and stiff.
But it's the genie at the bottom who I'm sucking at. He owes me one last wish."
Signature Image
[Ecchi Club] ;) [KittyCats] ;)
[GameThreadSociety] :D

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

C&C generals
gameplay.....boring.....no navy......
graphic.......nice.....3D
RA2
gameplay....good.....
graphic.......2D.......too small.....

Heard they are making RA3.......i don't know it's a rumour or not

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

bakudan00

bakudan00

Tries to reveal his identity

Between all, i like Generals most cause the gameplay never bores me.

I loved red alert (C&C 2) and C&C 1, but then I meet starcraft :D
Didnt played the 3D versions of C&C

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by Soundwavehahaha... stupid question.... sure that RA1 and RA2 and Yuri Revenge OWN all the time =O

It's the Iron Curtain, I tell you! Gah!! **Slams over units with her Chronosphere.** Wo0t! My Laser Cannon pawns all! Mwahaha!

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

lol, those really are the best command and conquer games ever to be released! :D

I played pretty much all C&C games. any one heard anything else about RA3?

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

The RA series..... best damn RTS games ever.... maybe for me....

The Psychic Dominator will show you the way!!!

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste." - Yuri

Quote by satan123Heard they are making RA3.......i don't know it's a rumour or not

Yeah, I heard of it, too. Try visiting the Eagle Red website for more info on it. They used to have a section for RA3, I dunno if it's still up today.

Signature

I like Red Alert 2 the best

I only played Red Alert 2 (not finished yet), Renegade and Generals.........for me Red Alert 2 has a good gameplay....it's pretty addicted.....

ThaEagle

ThaEagle

Mahoromatic for the people

Ah. C&C. That brings back some memories. I really think the original is the best, it's the one I played the most, and first. So good graphic (at the time) and awesome movies. I played it to much at the time and not just the scenario but local play to. I can still remember the sound of Obelisks.

Signature

Archspectre

Archspectre

Deception, It Will Konsume You

I played RA 1 & 2, Tiberian Sun, and Generals and its expansion pack. They are all good but I'd have to go with Generals: Zero Hour (expansion pack) because of its cool 3D graphics and choice of generals (my favorite is the U.S.'s special weapons general). I haven't played Renegade though, it was made before Generals but after RA: Yuri's Revenge.

"I never think of the future - it comes soon enough." -Albert Einstein

"The empires of the future are the empires of the mind." -Winston Churchill

"The future is like heaven-everyone exalts it, but no one wants to go there now." -James Baldwin

"Forever in debt to your priceless advice." -Kurt Cobain

sebastian22

sebastian22

Moody,man!

I havn't played every C n' C yet,but the one I like most until now is generals.

Normally here should be an intelligent and funny text.But I wasn't in the mood to write one.

Genosider

The Last Raven

Best has got to be either RA2 or General Zero Hour. Go usaf!

Signature
Armored Core-The machines that would challenge god.

SolidSnake2017

Gravy Train!!

It certainly isn't Generals, but Zero Hour did do a heck of a job fixing that mess and making a semi compelling game. The original Red Alert was really awesome and set the standard for the rest with skirmish and interesting dual side campaign. Tiberium Sun was a letdown and RA2 was great but didn't really make any innovations. My vote goes to Red Alert.

"If you bet there is no God and you win, you win nothing, but if you lose, you lose everything. If you bet there is a God and you win, you win everything, and if you lose, you lose nothing. Rationally speaking, God is the best bet." - Blaise Pascel
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Signature Image
[No one can make you feel inferior without your consent...]

Kyo26

Kyo26

Miuseiki

RA2 the best

Signature

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

well, Red Alert is the first series of C$C i played, i would consider it to be a classic RTS, RA2 i played for a few, however never really find it that different from ra

i did not touch again until Generals, this totally revives the C$C series, and zero hour adds so many features to the game.

but if I have to make a choice, i would say the original RA

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

RA2 Y/R was nice, and pretty good. Gen ZH is pretty nice also. I play Zero Hour mostly these days...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.