Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Maya Calendar year 2012,>> end? - Minitokyo

Maya Calendar year 2012,>> end?

page 1 of 1 18 total items

LastDeuS

LastDeuS

-=Archangel down at heel=-

I particulary don't believe the world will end on 2012 or was 2022? I dunno exactly but the calendar of the Maya Civilization ends on 2012 and its said to be the end of the world.
Any opinions, disagrees or ........corrections XD?

Every Game is Fair......
if everyone is tricked at the same time ^_^

Spare my poor English.

Err, I dont know what to say about this. The end of the world is kind of a big thing ( :sweat: ) to happen so suddenly, and its pretty unbelievable. But hasnt there been prophecies and such that claimed something would happen, and it has? Stuff like the World Wars, etc. Then again, hadnt people thought the world would end on the second millennium? So yeah, I really dont think the worlds gonna end. :) (Scary thought though... >.< )

well i dont like to think about that :)
why think about that????? any way live your life and dont bother about that :)
cya ;)

HEY^^ BE AMENBER OF:
Hispanime,fullmetal-alchemist-fans,Ecchi-Club,MT's,TeniPuri,shingetsutantsukihimefan,Naruto,GundamSeed-Angels
I HAVE THE POWER OF ADMINISTRATING:
GTO-fans,Doujinshi-Support-Club

and sorry if you dont understand something i wrote XP

Really? I haven't heard about anything like that! I think that there's a long way before that happens but I hope that it's really not true. Scary thought though.

Signature Image

Usagui

Usagui

The Lone Bunny

its hard to keep up with all these world-end theories but i personally would like to witness something that would menace with wiping us all out , it would be interesting. XP

Let me Serve You!! :)
Signature

Alex204

Seeking Rakuen

Quote by Usaguiits hard to keep up with all these world-end theories but i personally
would like to witness something that would menace with wiping us all
out , it would be interesting. XP

lol. If the end of the world is fated, then what can we do to stop it - nothing. So it makes not difference. Always live to the full!

Signature
"Rules are there to make you think before you break them."

Odysseus

Odysseus

Still searching...

Never heard of that calender, or the end of the world date with it. I do beleive that one day the world will end, but I don't beleive that any one on the earth could specify when it will happen. Not even find the year. (Note, I said end of the world, not Earth, I don't beleive the planet will ever be destroyed. The world on the other hand....) When it comes it comes.

Alex204

Seeking Rakuen

Did a quick google and came up with:

"The turn of the great cycle is conjectured to have been of great significance to the Maya, but does not necessarily mark the end of the world. According to the Popol Vuh, a sacred book of the Maya, they were living in the fourth world. The Popal Vuh describes the first three worlds that the gods failed in making and the creation of the successful fourth world were men were placed. They Maya believed that the fourth world would end in catastrophe and the fifth and final world would be created that would signal the end of mankind."

from http://www.armageddononline.org/mayan_calendar.php.
Quite an interesting topic - thanks for bringing it up :).

Edit: read some of the other stuff on the site - not very inspiring...

Signature

Usagui

Usagui

The Lone Bunny

Quote by Alex204

Quote by Usaguiits hard to keep up with all these world-end theories but i personally

lol. If the end of the world is fated, then what can we do to stop it - nothing. So it makes not difference. Always live to the full!

i take it youre the kind of person that does nothing for your self or others and just take it. Id never give up no matter what to help myself or my loved ones .

Let me Serve You!! :)
Signature

Kyo26

Kyo26

Miuseiki

Quote by Usagui

Quote by Alex204

i take it youre the kind of person that does nothing for your self or others and just take it. Id never give up no matter what to help myself or my loved ones .

if the world is going to end? then how will u help if its set...though i dun believe it will :D

Signature

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

Quote by Kyo26

Quote by Usagui

Quote by Alex204

Quote by Usaguiits hard to keep up with all
these world-end theories but i personally

lol. If the end of the world is fated, then what can we do to stop it -
nothing. So it makes not difference. Always live to the full!

i take it youre the kind of person that does nothing for your self or
others and just take it. Id never give up no matter what to help myself
or my loved ones .

if the world is going to end? then how will u help if its set...though
i dun believe it will :D

I agree with Kyo there, but I still say if it's gonna end then it's gonna end, but might as well go out with a blast, SEX, DRUGS, RIOT, VIOLENCE!

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

LastDeuS

LastDeuS

-=Archangel down at heel=-

The ancient Maya believed in recurring cycles of creation and destruction and thought in terms of eras lasting about 5,200 modern years. The current cycle is believed by the Maya to have begun in either 3114 B.C. or 3113 B.C. of our calendar, and is expected to end in either A.D. 2011 or 2012.
And the calculations of Maya priests were so precise that their calendar correction is 10,000th of a day more exact than the standard calendar the world uses today.

I'm also interested in El Dorado, the legendary city of riches in South America anyone knows something about it?

Long live google!!! XD

Every Game is Fair......
if everyone is tricked at the same time ^_^

Spare my poor English.

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

It'll be longer. Most likely in another 80 years or so.

Alex204

Seeking Rakuen

Quote by Usaguii take it youre the kind of person that does nothing for your self or others and just take it.

Sorry, not what i meant - giving up "because it is fate" is exactly the cowardlyness i hate. What i was getting at is that "fate" is a very bad excuse for not trying. The future is never certain.
Usagui, that is completly the type of person i am not, please believe me! :sweat: I hate taking with out giving. All i was trying to say was that life is presous, so don't wate it. But panicing that the world might end soon is not going to make any difference.

Signature

Carmen

Carmen

Alaba a Dios

Hola:
No se, yo habia oido que era el 2006...
Bueno, no se si han oido del codigo biblico, pero tambien coincide en la fecha del 2012 (creo) como el "fin de los dias".
La verdad es que hay muchas predicciones del fin del mundo, pero Jesus dijo:
"Pero el dia y la hora nadie sabe, ni aun los angeles de los cielos, sino solo mi Padre" Mateo 24:36.
Asi que yo no preocuparia demasiado, pero que el mundo va a acabar, acabara.

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

Quote by LastDeuSI particulary don't believe the world will end on 2012 or was 2022? I
dunno exactly but the calendar of the Maya Civilization ends on 2012
and its said to be the end of the world.
Any opinions, disagrees or ........corrections XD?

If every end of the world story i heard was true, i dont think i'd be here to read this post.

Signature Image
My Featured Wallpaper: Bleach - Renji
Feel free to browse my Gallery, comments appreichated.

levezzali

levezzali

Purge Existence

XD interesting topic... well, wasn't the world about to end in august 15 of 2000? at least every single soul in my school believed that..... o.O kinda strange huh? but well, coming from people I was related with... it's not uncommom......

but anyway, I believe the world will end.... in a few billion years! XD well, that's gonna rock! ahahah

Purified Existence of a Lost Soul

... ok ... I am not a that serious person !! XD

all the "prophesies" said that the end of the worlds would happend 2000, nothing happend
so i stoped thinking about stupid things like taht

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.