Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Cancel

Quote by YugureKazewell since the PSP was released in america today
i was wondering what everyone that got one thought about it

i think that it is really awesome!
the resolution and the sound @_@
so happy that i got one ^_^
such sleek design....*mind wanders*

lol - We had it already a few months back in Japan - but hearing the rants and raves from the media, the PSP obviously pawned the Nintendo DS over here. You should have been there to see it all happen before your very own eyes. lol - and the PSP made the other portable systems bite the dust so easily, since it packs an incredibly powerful punch - I'm glad you liked it as well.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Cancel

Quote by YugureKazeso happy that i got one ^_^

Lucky...........................

• Mar 25, 2005

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

Cancel

I'm still deciding if i want it or not but i just stick wit my nintendo ds.^^

• Mar 25, 2005

jhujhiti

Retired Moderator

jhujhiti

Bug Exterminator

Cancel

I definitely want one, particularly after looking at the technical specs. Game selection is a bit, uh, crappy right now. I'm mainly worried about the battery life. I know there were concerns before its release in Japan. How long does a full charge actually last? This is probably going to be the selling point for me.

• Mar 25, 2005

geninlv1

geninlv1

untamed

Cancel

We're not worthy! We're not worthy!
Can't wait to get my hands on my own PSP.

• Mar 25, 2005

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Cancel

Quote by jhujhitiI definitely want one, particularly after looking at the technical
specs. Game selection is a bit, uh, crappy right now. I'm mainly
worried about the battery life. I know there were concerns before its
release in Japan. How long does a full charge actually last? This is
probably going to be the selling point for me.

Yeah, there's still a few very minor bugs being fixed for once, but its pretty darn good at its newly released state over here.

Battery life under normal setting [sound and light adjusted to average here] is around 6 to 8 hours worth of gameplay, non-stop.

Hopefully an additional power adaptor will be equipped to sustain further life, but as right now, there's no official battery pack as we speak. That would be nice though to have one, in a sense here. lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

UnknownFact

UnknownFact

Silent Thunder

Cancel

Cool...PSP will rule...
never got real info bout Nintendo DS...
what about game price ??

Signature
Fun.

Cancel

In the US, you can buy the bundle for $250 I think. Games are around $40-$50. That's how much my friend got it for. I played with it today and it's simply awesome. The graphics are incredible, the screen is really big, the movies on there are dvd-quality, the controls fit the hand really well, the square button got fixed when it came over to the US, etc. There shouldn't even be any debate between the DS and PSP, I am now totally convinced that the PSP > all. Battery life is around 4-6 hours, depending on what you do with it. So people that exaggerate the low battery life are just misinformed.

Be Free and Masturbate

• Mar 25, 2005

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Cancel

Quote by Celessa

Quote by jhujhitiI definitely want one, particularly after looking at
the technical
specs. Game selection is a bit, uh, crappy right now. I'm mainly
worried about the battery life. I know there were concerns before its
release in Japan. How long does a full charge actually last? This is
probably going to be the selling point for me.

Yeah, there's
still a few very minor bugs being fixed for once, but its pretty darn
good at its newly released state over here.
Battery life under normal setting [sound and light adjusted to average
here] is around 6 to 8 hours worth of gameplay, non-stop.
Hopefully an additional power adaptor will be equipped to sustain
further life, but as right now, there's no official battery pack as we
speak. That would be nice though to have one, in a sense here. lol

if i remember correctly it is also based on how much "energy" the game takes to play...
and i think that buying another battery pack is a good idea also because they are actually pretty easy to take out and put back in

Quote by UnknownFactCool...PSP will rule...
never got real info bout Nintendo DS...
what about game price ??

i was really surprised by the game prices
i thought that they would actually be about the price of regular games...
...but it turns out that i found all the PSP released games cost about $40 or so

• Mar 25, 2005

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Cancel

Quote by dutchforceIn the US, you can buy the bundle for $250 I think. Games are around
$40-$50. That's how much my friend got it for. I played with it today
and it's simply awesome. The graphics are incredible, the screen is
really big, the movies on there are dvd-quality, the controls fit the
hand really well, the square button got fixed when it came over to the
US, etc. There shouldn't even be any debate between the DS and PSP, I
am now totally convinced that the PSP > all. Battery life is around
4-6 hours, depending on what you do with it. So people that exaggerate
the low battery life are just misinformed.

I know - I traded it in a couple weeks ago and the square button they fixed - it was just incredibly superb.

The PSP pawns the DS - I'm glad you are convinced as well. **Snickers**

Quote by YugureKaze...but it turns out that i found all the PSP released games cost about
$40 or so

Yeah - you have the Dynasty Warriors one? Amazing! I just love it!

Now do you see why the PSP is the kingpin in handheld game consoles out there in the world right about now? In Japan here - insanity! Now I hope those who think that DS pawns all will be reconvinced when they play the PSP over here. They have yet to see the light.

The PSP will pawn them all! Just you watch. Mwahaha!

Signature

Cancel

Hey! I just bought the psp! I bought it the HOUR it came out in america!! (which was 12:00 a.m.) I also went out and Bought the Dynasty warriors game which really rocks!
I've got to say it is really amazing. I mean the graphics and the type of hardware they put inside of that machine is truly amazing. As a matter of fact I'm a go play Dynasty Warriors for a little bit. ^_^'

Signature

Cancel

Quote by Celessa

Quote by YugureKaze...but it turns out that i found all the PSP released games cost about
$40 or so

Yeah - you have the Dynasty Warriors one? Amazing! I just love it! Now do you see why the PSP is the kingpin in game consoles out there right about now? In Japan here - insanity! Now I hope those who think that DS pawns all will be reconvinced when they play the PSP over here. They have yet to see the light. Mwahaha!

I actually downloaded some footages of when the PSP came out in Japan: that stuff was crazy! So many people waiting in line and it was like sold out hours later >.< Gotta love those crazy Japs XD At least they know what's up ;)

Be Free and Masturbate

• Mar 25, 2005

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Cancel

Quote by narutofan92Hey! I just bought the psp! I bought it the HOUR it came out in
america!! (which was 12:00 a.m.) I also went out and Bought the Dynasty
warriors game which really rocks!
I've got to say it is really amazing. I mean the graphics and the type
of hardware they put inside of that machine is truly amazing. As a
matter of fact I'm a go play Dynasty Warriors for a little bit. ^_^'

Hardcore stuff, eh? I went head over heels when I played that game! Ahh - I'm glad to see you have the game as well! **High fives** Shu? Wei? Wu? Bring it - says Lu Bu. **Snickers**

Quote by dutchforceI actually downloaded some footages of when the PSP came out in Japan:
that stuff was crazy! So many people waiting in line and it was like
sold out hours later >.< Gotta love those crazy Japs XD At least
they know what's up ;)

Yeah, with the inflatable camps set up and people walking in, holding laser rifles with either one of their hands - and some people dropping by with the their mini-flying helicopter gadgets, the jumbo pocky sticks, the all-crazed Hello Kitty! pack attack - and the hoi no - cosplay stuff! I actually saw one dressed up as Terry Bogard one time - it was hilarious. Their technology just ceases to amaze me. **Snickers** Plus you should see the look on some of their faces when they first played it. lol - Of course I was over-exaggerating about what happened over there at that time, but in a sense, it was totally insane, I absolutely agree.

That's why I pre-ordered mine for maybe thirty more bucks over here. Better to pay up a bit extra rather than wait it out all day around here with those insane line-ups in store. Haha.

Signature

Cancel

I really wanna get one but I have no money right now. I wish my birthday was sooner or something; $250 isn't an easy number to achieve in college not working (not that it's a BAD price). I'm really looking forward to that Metal Gear Acid game, can anyone tell me how that is? I'm a huge Metal Gear fan.

Signature
"Eloi, Eloi, lema... sabachthani..."

• Mar 25, 2005

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Cancel

Quote by narutofan92Hey! I just bought the psp! I bought it the HOUR it came out in
america!! (which was 12:00 a.m.) I also went out and Bought the Dynasty
warriors game which really rocks!
I've got to say it is really amazing. I mean the graphics and the type
of hardware they put inside of that machine is truly amazing. As a
matter of fact I'm a go play Dynasty Warriors for a little bit. ^_^'

i was going to do that with my brother but it turns out that he reserved one for me while i was at school because he knew that i really wanted one

Quote by Celessa

Quote by dutchforceIn the US, you can buy the bundle for $250 I think.
Games are around
$40-$50. That's how much my friend got it for. I played with it today
and it's simply awesome. The graphics are incredible, the screen is
really big, the movies on there are dvd-quality, the controls fit the
hand really well, the square button got fixed when it came over to the
US, etc. There shouldn't even be any debate between the DS and PSP, I
am now totally convinced that the PSP &gt; all. Battery life is around
4-6 hours, depending on what you do with it. So people that exaggerate
the low battery life are just misinformed.

I know - I traded it
in a couple weeks ago and the square button they fixed - it was just
incredibly superb.
The PSP pawns the DS - I'm glad you are convinced as well. **Snickers**

Quote by YugureKaze...but it turns out that i found all the PSP released
games cost about
$40 or so

Yeah - you have the Dynasty Warriors one? Amazing! I
just love it!
Now do you see why the PSP is the kingpin in handheld game consoles out
there in the world right about now? In Japan here - insanity! Now I
hope those who think that DS pawns all will be reconvinced when they
play the PSP over here. They have yet to see the light.
The PSP will pawn them all! Just you watch. Mwahaha!

i think that the PSP will beat all other hand helds out there
and yes i got Dynasty Warriors ^_^ the graphics are amazing
my bro saw the sceen and told me that he had to get his own when he could
but i think that i will get a DS later...don't judge....
because the new Castlevania game is gonna be released soon and it's concept with the use of the touch screen makes it a must have on my list, especially since i am a big Castlevania fan...

• Mar 25, 2005

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Cancel

I'm considering pickig one up while I'm in Tokyo in June :) .
Will wait for some more people to find bugs in them, Sony to release patches and stuff though ;) .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Cancel

Just a thought... Now that you guys have the PSP, What game systems or stuff in your life you are going to neglect (abandon). Dam G4techtv channel told me it has a battery life of 3 hours of game play and no more then 6 hours of media or what ever. But like dutchforce said...

Quote by dutchforceBattery life is around 4-6 hours, depending on what you do with it. So people that exaggerate the low battery life are just misinformed.

I might get it today too now. Still thinking.... Do I really need it?

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

• Mar 25, 2005

jeanie727

jeanie727

J E A N i E

Cancel

Ahh! I played the PSP today! Hehe, Terrence brought it to the History Day thing! It is definitely the coolest gadget I've ever played with! Hahaha, so fun, the graphics are awesome. Sony once again proves that it can dominate the world of video games! Hahahahaha!!! I *heart* psp!! Too bad it's like..$250!! Ka-ching.. yea right, maybe in a million years will I ever have enough money to afford that bad baby!

The important thing was to love rather than to be loved. // W. Somerset Maugham
Signature

Cancel

Quote by DarkSaviorJust a thought... Now that you guys have the PSP, What game systems or stuff in your life you are going to neglect (abandon). Dam G4techtv channel told me it has a battery life of 3 hours of game play and no more then 6 hours of media or what ever. But like dutchforce said...

Quote by dutchforceBattery life is around 4-6 hours, depending on what you do with it. So people that exaggerate the low battery life are just misinformed.

I might get it today too now. Still thinking.... Do I really need it?

You should handle the PSP like it's your cellphone: just charge it up everyday/every other day. It's not very often you get to play more than 4 hours in the same day, anyway. You can always use look for a power socket and play it while charging. People that play so much that they burn thru their batteries like crazy shouldn't have gotten a PSP but a life instead XD Ok, that was kind of a cheap shot....

Be Free and Masturbate

• Mar 27, 2005

gemini4life

gemini4life

The Quiet Geezer

Cancel

Little late for the topic, but got the PSP for my bday and it's mind blowing... only problem is that I've stored it away for now, because the protective accessories that I want to get for it won't come out till next month OX .

But played around with it for the first day, and omg. I've always wanted a portable MP3 player and I have one now, plus viewed my digital camera pics on it, and bought Metal Gear for it... OMG I can't control myself, but must wait for the accessories, don't want to risk damaging my new pride and joy being the clutz I can be XD

It's not that I have better vision
It's that I open my heart to that which others turn a blind eye to

• Mar 28, 2005

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.