Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Beyond looks - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 6 total items

irian

irian

Kawaii Little Dancer

Have you guys ever based any purchase decision on manga or anime on the cover? How has it worked out?

I mostly make my purchase decisions on books (yeah, I'm a reading freak) based on the cover. I scout the bookstore, and if a cover catches my attention, I read the backcover, and if I like the summary and the budget allows it, I get the book. Of course I take recommendations, but I've managed to discover some of my favorite books by picking up something from the newest books sections.

I tried to use the same approach on anime too. I got the 3X3 Eyes boxset just because I really liked the cover, and Fushigi Yuugi because I saw a pic of it, and I loved both of them. Then I purchased the Earthian DVD just because it looked stunning. Hot winged guys, what could go wrong? I absolutely hated this DVD, and seriously regreted it 23 bucks for wasting a bit more than an hour of my time. At least books last me a bit longer! After that, no more purchasing any anime without checking at least a few reviews.

Manga is a bit cheaper, so although I learned my lesson and now mainly buy based on at least a minor knowledge on the series, or recommendations, attractive covers still do it for me. I started getting Angel Sanctuary just because of Kaori Yuki's stunning art. And I'm for sure not disappointed.

How much does a cover influence your actual purchasing/watching decisions? What other factors do you take into account?

kuclo

kuclo

My broken wings

i feel lucky making the first commentary ,well my friend the cover is importand because sometimes when we going to the stores we find new animes series and if we find a cute girl or a atractive men (for women of course)we buy the series without watch a commentary about this one.welli dont know you guys but this is in my life like a fan ,i bought some series only for the cover ,a couple good and anothers not really what i wanted,and magazine is the same always a good picture is importand of course some times we buy series without a cover but we know or we heard a commentary .what you think?

Tienes el valor?o te vale
Signature
Remember minitokyo is just not another site ,it's a home ,enjoy being be member of this family

UnknownFact

UnknownFact

Silent Thunder

Well in my case, if the cover looks cool I take the book/box and see/read the backcover. But like my budget is always 0 $ for anime/manga, I don't buy it, so what really influences on my purchases are the information i've got...for example, If i see a NOIR thing, and if i can afford it I will like to buy it, but it could be a better anime around but because i have no info about it i won't buy it. See, the cover only influences me on reading the backcover; well if it was really good i look info of it on the internet...
In the case of neon genesis evangelion i looked info on the net because people told me they all liked it...but i've never seen it...
:D

Signature
Fun.

equinox01

equinox01

Lost In Darkness

yes it was for x and was pretty good

Signature
I don' Like myself much
Shadow

destati

Yuusha-Oh

I generally do a lot of research before I buy anything. Looking it up on ANN and online reviews and such. Especially with anime series, because that's a big investment, even with a short series (4 DVDs).

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

I don't really care if the box of the anime manga/ dvd is an all that look type thing. If the information on that anime is good and I think I might be interested in, then that's all it matters. Remember this, "Don't judge a book bye it's cover"..... um... never mind.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.