Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 is learning other languages important to you?what lingual are u? - Minitokyo

is learning other languages important to you?what lingual are u?

page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next » 229 total items

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

i think it is cause then you can be able to communicate to more different kinds of people. its good for general understandings of others. and its cool to be more than monolingual =P i think that i know 2languages really well, english XD, cantonese. im still taking french in high school as an elective ^^;;; not easy but its useful. im also thinking of trying russian so i can understand some of the stand alone complex songs. im trying to learn mandarin, haka (a chinese dialect) and japanese. eheh japanese, of course...=]

is learning languages important to you? how many do you know well? how many do you just learning? any language you want to know?

Signature

I can say I'm bilingual in a way I can understand english, but I'm studying english, italian, arabic and next year I'm gonna take japanese as a second main language.
I really like learning new languages especially to travel around the world or at least work in another country than France. I'm still young so I take advantage of the university to learn new and rare languages (most languages taken at university in France are : italian, spanish and deutsch).
I learn new languages for my curriculum vitae and for my pleasure. :D

Angel-on-Dragon

Angel-on-Dragon

DarkCrimson's Sex Slave

I would consider myself at least as a bilingual if not even trilingual. I can speak english good enough to communicate with you ^^
No, I mean, I've learned english and spanish at school. But I'm not that good in speaking spanish, but I understand what others say...

I'm going to study japanese after school, cause I'd love to go to Japan for some time in future.

Signature Image

asianspirit

asianspirit

[head-bangs desk]

I'm trilingual!

i speak English (well, not in correct grammer because I live in Jersey, home of the Jersey Accent! haha XD) and Tagalog (Filipino) at home and around family. In school, I'm learning Spanish (having the advantage that momst Tagalog words are borrowed from Spanish).

i had started learning Latin but I exchanged it to Spanish because my parents said Spanish was more effective. But now, I think they were wrong. Most words were based off of Latin. o_0

Signature
needed a new look.. :)

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

Learning other languages is importanat to me because it can able you to communicate with other people. I consider myself as bilingual. I can speak Tagalog (Philippines) and English. I'm still have to study English in order to improve my ability in speaking and writing it.
I could understand some Japanese words. I can also read Hiragana and Katakana. But not Kanji. >.< Maybe, someday I will study Japanese.

Angel-on-Dragon

Angel-on-Dragon

DarkCrimson's Sex Slave

Of course it is important to know other languages.
Take MT for example. A lot of users couldn't post here or just be here if they wouldn't speak english ^^
So I have to admit, that I think english is the most important language to learn. I'm glad that I'm able to chat with my MT friends from all over the world.

Signature Image

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

well, since i'm studying to become a translator, languages are basically my passion... i'm bilingual for sure... my mother tongue is French, and obviously i learned English... i also studied Spanish and German in college, but i'd need to start practicing them again, because i'm forgetting them...

right now, i'm also learning Japanese... and i would like to learn Chinese (and dozens of other languages XP) someday...

Cadi

Cadi

True

Learning different languages is really important to me because it allows me to learn more culture and communicate with my families and friends. I'm bilingual, I speak mandarin(Chinese)and english fluently . I have to speak mandarin when my family are around ( most of them don't understand english), I speak english with my friends at school.

Signature Image
awsome sig made by kuai^^

well i grew up bilingual, cause my ma is german and my dad from italy but i also learned (hope so) english and france in school

Naruto-Uzumaki

Naruto-Uzumaki

Whatever...

I speak german(native) and english(enough to understand subtitles :P) The learning is not the problem, but i hate our english teacher(im not alone) bah!

Signatures suck

Yakuru

Yakuru

Let's DDR!

Of course language is important, it's the basis of communication. I'm bilingual and I speak English and Spanish, English being my primary language. In the future, I plan to learn Japanese or German. :)

Signature

HamsterJohn

HamsterJohn

Defender of ur Mom

Crap. I hastily voted bilingual when I have 3 languages. Oh well. English is my best. I had 3 years of french in high skool and I speak (can't read) cantonese at home. The amount of vietnamese I know isn't enough if my life depended on it.

It'd be nice to get a job as a translator but I pretty much lack discipline and perseverance to learn anymore languages.

000011111 11110000111 000111 111 111 !!!!oneone one

Stop wasting the internet!

Kiako

Kiako

the shadow

well i know a lot of languages more than 5 i gues, and there are still languages that i wan't to learn^^

Holt

Holt

pffft

Well English is my first language. I can speak and understand spoken Cantonese. I can read and write Mandarin. I've also learnt Arabic and French although I can't say I'm fluent in them.

Signature Image

I'm bilingual right now. German and English. But, im starting to learn Japanese, so soon to be trilingual ^_^

PeachGirl

PeachGirl

Fallen Angel

I have to learn 3 language in school and i can't say that i like it. But i would really like to learn japanese...

Ja mata!
Tomodachi ni narimsen ka?

Signature

~~ Incandescene can dance through white shades of sand.
Perfect skies tell the tides~~

There must be more than this provincial life.
Dreaming of far off places, daring sword fights,
magic spells and a prince in disguise

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell
And for once it might be grand
To have someone understand
I want so much more than they've got planned

My mother tong is French but i speak a little Eglish and dutch

no its not important to have different languages as long as you have the same religion

Kyo26

Kyo26

Miuseiki

well...i can speak english, chinese n malay quite well, but i cant read chinese oredi T_T so im a trilingual. but i can speak quite a few hokkien, a bti of cantonese n japanese...but i woulnt count them as good yet... ^_^'

Signature

no its not important to have different languages as long as you have the same religion

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

Quote by Nakofanno its not important to have different languages as long as you have the same religion

are you sure? i think faith can only bring people together up to a certain extent. after that, if you cant communicate, you have a problem right? people need to be able to actaully talk to each other or theres no real understanding.

Signature

For some reason, I find speaking different languages really appealing. Ever since I was a little girl I was so fascinated whenever someone spoke a different language. I think that's due to fact that my father's side of the family spoke Iloggo [a Filipino dialect] when I only understand a little Tagalog and obviously English. *shrug* I'm taking Spanish in high school right now, and I can understand some words/phrases in Japanese. I don't know, I might consider majoring in languages in college or something, I think it'd be fun. ^_^'

Nona

Nona

Tsubasa forever

I study german so I can german :) (I hope so), I had english. I must learn latain. I want to learn japanese ( I learned it, but I don't have enough time jet) I can read greek. And I had one lesson akkad language. :)

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

Language is very important to me. I'm gonna major in literature and journalism and I think part of my duty of majoring in what I want is to be fluent in many languages. I grew up speaking english and portuguese...my dad is 1/4 portuguese so that's why I had to learn...a lot of people on the other side of the family speaks it. I'm currently taking spanish in school and I'm pretty well adapted to it (Go Blake spanish class 3Honours!!!). Outside of school, I'm taking Japanese because it's a beautiful language and I think part of my job will be taking several trips to and from Japan and I need to know the language. I don't know if I'm gonna learn any other languages but I really would love to learn Latin!!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next » 229 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.