Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 is learning other languages important to you?what lingual are u? - Minitokyo

is learning other languages important to you?what lingual are u?

page 10 of 10 « Previous 1... 6 7 8 9 10 229 total items

Well, i use trilingual in school (English as international language; Chinese as mother language; and Malays as national language). at home i speak original chinese and dialect such as foochow(i am a foochow). i can speak hokien and cantonese(my grandmother is a cantonese). i understand what people said in teochew and hakka but dont know how to speak. i learn basic japanese and can write hiragana and katagana. kanji isnt tat hard for chinese as it is almost the same.
french, latin and spanish language are total stranger for me!
wow...i just realised that i learn quite a number of language....hehe i want to try new language if i can...then at least i wont be lost in foreign country, and it gives you more confidence when you communicate. XDit is so useful when i participate in jamboree!

Yeah, learning other languages is very important in my opinion. It enables you to be able to communicate well with people who may not speak the language you normally do and you also get to learn about the history and culture of the country as you learn the language. For me I am proficient in English and Mandarin, and understand dialects such as Hokkien and Cantonese, but I can't really speak them well.

I think being able to speak many different languages isn't too important in overall. As long as you know an international language, such as English (Latin?), you'll be fine when you travel and such. I know Swedish, English, Thai and Spanish. It depends on your job if you need to know more languages than your motherlanguage or even, English.
I'm still studying though, and to me, knowing many languages is a really good thing.
(I hope I haven't posted a reply here before <.<)

Hanedas

Hanedas

Trought the Darkness

Well this really depends on what you really want In my case know 3 different languages English, Spanish and of course Japanese just remember the more languages you learn you will learn new ways of expressing your self meet more people and get better opportunities your life

One wrong move and blood will rain from the sky

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

Hm...I know about five different languages although I'm not sure whether three of them count, since I'm still learning them. I have to take Spanish for school and I go to chinese school to take Manderin classes. I know Cantonese and English since I grew up with them. I'm learning Japanese on the side. I find it's relatively easy to learn, only it's going slowly, considering...well, you know. I find it's important to learn languages, as they will be useful in the future. Especially Manderin, I think. And hey, being multilingual is another thing to brag about when you hand in your resume or something. ;)

Language is very important in life.. For important language like english, i would strive to learn it very hard. Well thats for work purpose. My native was not in english, so my first priority was to study english for study and work purpose.

Other than that, i learn german and japanese language. This language i rated as hobbies.. So when i have extra time, i would try to improve it. This mainly hobbies so i rated it second and only try to learn it so that i can at least understand it.

I think knowing many languages can help very much in many situacions. The languages that i know are Spanish, English and a little chinese(still need to learn more)

Today I just enroled in Japanese classes as I'm probably going to need to know how to speak it for when I get a job. I know bits and pieces of other languages, but mainly speak English.

Well... I wuz born in Germany n i lived there for 10 years... and now I have been living in da UK for 5 yearz. I already have an A* in German and im predicted an A* in both Spanish n English... I also speak Arabic, Hindi n Urdu...n not to mention a little japanese... Well im only 14 but I have to say knowing many languages is really helpful!

Melodyfpf

Melodyfpf

Murderous princess..

well i think it is imp coz liktt u can communicate with other and by the way i speak a little jap , but mostly english/slingish and chinese

Signature
I'm back! :D

I speak french and spanish fluently because of my origins (belgium-mexico)
I speak deutch because we learn it in school (the second national language in belgium)
And i try to learn English, because it\'s everywhere ^^
We have to learn languages, because if we communicate easily, misunderstanden can be avoided. (and i want peace in the world.)

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I'm bilingual - Afrikaans 1st language, English 2nd language.

I recently studied Latin, New Testamentic (and Classical) Greek and Biblical Hebrew. Then also some German.

I can only READ these other languages (with some effort - been a while since). Of course, I'm also picking up Japanese as I go along.

They say that proper biliguists have a smaller chance of ever getting Alzheimer's disease - your brain stays active and doesn't slack off. Also, the more languages you study and speak, the more pliable your mind becomes; you can think in different terms, according to different cultures. Grammer and vocabulary plays an important part in adjusting a possible conservative mindset or ideology. Language does influence thought and culture and vice versa.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

page 10 of 10 « Previous 1... 6 7 8 9 10 229 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.