Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 is learning other languages important to you?what lingual are u? - Minitokyo

is learning other languages important to you?what lingual are u?

page 4 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » 229 total items

notdante

notdante

Who wants Turkey-dogs?!!!?!!

man i hate the US school system. they teach you english and i cant even spell, but nothing else, except in high school when it would have been eazyer to start younger. i have taken 3 years of french, not very good, can partally understand whats said but probably thats it. i thought about a week or two ago that it would be fun to try and learn japanese online. so far i have around 5 words, a guess at how to say the numbers 1-10 and after that maybe i could pice it together and 5, i think, ideograms from the alphabet.

Signature

(\_/)
(o.O)
(0 0) This is Bunny's weird twin. Copy Bunny's weird twin into your signature to help him on his way to eating all of the pies on the planet.

I know how to speak English, Cantonese (Chinese), some French, and then all the random words and phrases in other languages :P.

Ying

Ying

I'll Be Back!

Swedish is my main language
but I speak english and mandarin too.
I wish I could write in chinese but it's so many different signs to learn! -_-'
I learned french in school but I hardly remember anything! ^_^'
My big goal is of course to learn japanese! ^_-

Signature Image

Where there's Yin there's always Yang

Pirre

Pirre

I will protect

I speak Dutch and English, know a little French (just enough to not be totally helpless in France ^^), and can read (not speak or write, I don't understand the grammar) a very little German (it looks kinda like Dutch)

Signature

selimangagirl

selimangagirl

la luz de la luna

I am 4lingual. I speak Spanish and Galician (Galicia is a place in Spain). And in my school I learn English and French. And the next year I will learn latin.

Heres a small joke..

What do you call someone who only knows one language? American.

Haha hee hee. *ahem*

I know only Americanized English. Although I took Latin for about four years, I really got nothing out of it. I'm not all that interested in learning another language, because there are more than enough people to talk to who speak English or a form of it, and thats plenty enough for me.

TW12T3D

TW12T3D

Anxiously Waiting . . .

i know english, enough spanish i could live in a sppanish speaking country and i wnat to learn japanese.

Well, learning other languages is important. If I wasn't bilingual, I would be able to write this. Aside from my native language (Spanish) I learned English when I was a child. If I had more time I'd learn more languages, but right now I'm slowly working on my French, my Mandarin and my Japanese.

Signature
That's why I should just turn into a doll.
My body slowly stopped making pulses.
Blood vessels became a single tube.
Blood disappeared like vapor.
Heart and everything became sculptures that only have a shape.
See, that's why it will no longer
hurt.

Shadowdawn

Shadowdawn

The Iron Clad Goddess

I think that one of the most important aspects of learning is languages. I really think that schools should stress them a bit more.I mean today it's so important to know a different language to get a good job.And ya, i'm really bilingual. i know english(oviously), spanish, french,yugoslavian, russian, romanian, and next year i'm going to take a course in Japanese, chinese, and hopefully arabic(if i have the time).I only became interested in learning different languages in 8th grade, and now i'm 18, so it wasn't that long ago, but i did know romanian, yugoslavian, and spanish before 8th grade because my parents made me learn.=)

"Little drops of water, Little grains of sand, Make the mighty ocean, And the pleasant land. So the little minutes, Humble though they be, Make the mighty ages, Of eternity." -Julia Fletcher Carney
"To her, words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion which could be combined with other words to create powerful spells" - Dean Koontz

RengekiShin

RengekiShin

-LoneRedWolf-

I speak English, Malay, Chinese, Cantonese and a litle bit of Jap. I can't read Jap that well though. I have to learn Malay and English in school, and I hate Malay, its a pretty useless language to study. Though it helps to communicate in this country >_> (Brunei)

Signature

Knowing multiple languages gives you a firm feeling of a multicultural environment, which is important in a society such as the United States. As for myself, I'm not fluent in another language significantly; I know basic conversational methods of a wide arrange of languages. I see it as a more interesting approach.

Well, I wish I was multiligual, unfortunatly I am not. Anyway, in Ontario it's mandetory you take french. I took it up until grade 9 and that didnt' help me understand the language. Basically I know some words and a few phrases, and used to know the grammatics of french. I think the way they teach it is bad, they don't really teach you to speak and understand the language very well, which they should. Anyway, I don't have an interest in french anyway, although my step-dad is french. He didn't bother to teach us though, even though he knew us since we were very young. I know only english, but I would be very interested in learning Ojibway, which is supposed to be my native language. A lot of people don't know the language though because of residential schooling where they punished you if you spoke your native tongue. My grandpa knows he language out of my family but that is it. I have friends who understand the language but can't speak it very well.

i speak Vietnamese n' English....I can speak cantonese but dont know how to write.....n' im going to learn Japanese...

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Wait. Do you mean as in language you can speak fluently, or including languages you're learning?
I can speak English and Chinese fluently, and I'm also learning French and Japanese. Does that make me bilingual or quadrilingual?

Brownie the Cat

Jiwoo

Jiwoo

the trashiness never ends.

i speak cantonese, english xD, french,and some limited mandarin

I retarrrd.

I'm trilingual, Javenese, Indonesianese, and English. But, I have also learn Japanese in my school...

I'm trilingual.I can speak english (more at home then at school), french (main language at my school) and tagalog (filipino, i don't speak it often but I understand and once my dad talks of me in tagalog I interupt him saying "what did you said?" ).

Even though i'm trilingual i'm still willing on learning more languages.Once in 4th year of high school I want to learn spanish.But there is so many languages to choose from and to learn.So i'll just let my destiny choose the languages that i'm gonna learn later on. ^^

EsCoBaR

EsCoBaR

bobby digital

I'm only bilingual. I speak english and spanish...I've been trying to learn Japanese though..got some books/cds a while back but that's not the same as learning from an actual person...besides, when I'm not obligated to actually learn it and read...I find it very hard to get off my ass and actually try learning....it's been so long and I barely got past like 10 pages on one of the books =\

+ S t y l e . R e : D E F i n i t i o n +

Bilingual. English and Spanish. And that's probably all the languages I'll ever know.

yuiyui01

yuiyui01

I've been carried on...

i'm 4lingual :) i can speak fluently any kind of french, my native language (moroccan and arabic) , english and japanese^^ i learned french at school and at home, english and japanese myselfu XP *auto formation* subbed anime are of great help too :nya: i think languages are the most important part on any country culture, and to get in touch with foreign people , * i may also use japanese to "catch" :pacman: some japanese tourits coming to my country*hehe
i think many posters here are right ;) mostof the users on MT are speaking english, if i don't say every single one, alos, on the net...the most interesting sites about anime *fanart, fanfics, bonuses* are in english
alos japanese is important for me 'cause i have planned to go to japan
nihon e ikitai ! x_x
well at least that's my opinion XD

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I speak both english and spanish equally and im trying to learn japanese even though its hard lol so i would say bilingual for now.

Signature Image

I speak spanish, swedish and english -
I speak a little french and I'm learning japanese ^___^

IcyFyre

IcyFyre

I love WoNdeRL@nD

i can speak both english (obviously!) and japanese! but i havent mastered the japanese yet...but im getting there! :D yay!

Signature
~*We come to love by seeing an imperfect person perfectly*~

I'm trilingual. I know English, obviously. Being hispanic means if I didn't know Spanish I'd be beaten with a shoe on a daily basis, so Spanish is a given, and I also speak Italian.

Learning different languages not only helps in your relations with people from other countries, it will also help you speak better English in a lot of cases. There are A LOT of words English has taken from French and Spanish. Thus, sometimes, you can figure out a word in English by knowing what it means in another language, that you wouldn't have known otherwise.

"Does he make you high? Does he make you real? Does he make you cry? Does he know the way you feel? Love is all around you; your universe is full. But in my world ... there is only you."

page 4 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » 229 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.