Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 is learning other languages important to you?what lingual are u? - Minitokyo

is learning other languages important to you?what lingual are u?

page 5 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 229 total items

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

i know 4 languages as far as i can remember...
Cantnoese
Cambodian
Spanish
English
and i'm slowly working on Japanese...
so soon i may be 5lingual

Learning languages is indeed ver important (imo). Not only is there a practical use, but it's less "you"-centric... Creates a more global way of thinking. ^_^ I love languages~ I can't wait to perfect French and start on Italian~ Haha~

Visit http://www.thegirlinred.com ..... pwease? XD
Signature Image

ShunKei

ShunKei

Moon Child

knowing more languages really does make a difference life, at least for me it does. i know english, malay, hokkien(a chinese dialect) and i'm taking japanese lessons. then again, for me it was nessesary to know malay and english as those were school subjects whereas chinese is what most of my family speaks so i didn't have much of a choice in learnimg all three languages.

Signature

It's hard to answer the question, "What's wrong?" when nothing's right.

mineharu

mineharu

Mine powahh!

Well i know 3 ... Spanish , English and French.. and i want to learn my fourth that is japanese.. ^^ .. soon hopefully and maybe a 5th one ^^ ..

Signature

kumiho

kumiho

every artist was 1st an amateur

i only know english, indonese n my original language...but i'm studying mandarin.
i'm also learning japanese by myself so nowadays i rather forget the kanji ^_^' still i don't like learning by myself (it's too hard) maybe couple months later i'll take japanese lesson :D

Signature
"pictures are beautiful, they can entrap beauty forever"

NegativeBahamut

NegativeBahamut

The Grim Angel

I´m biliingual no doubt. English is my first language and spanish is the second (although I know spanish gramar better then I know english o_O). I would like to learn Japanese more than anything... I got a book but all I know is hello, goodbye and Monday through Sunday. o_O

Signature Image

It is my duty to pass judgement... the will of the gods is absolute." -Ledah

I'm a french Native, my father is Italian and my mom is German... So I speak French, Italian and german fluently... My english is I thnik not that bad and my spanish is pretty good....

Some mistakes are too cruel to make it twice...

Signature

I'm a native speaker/writer/reader in Mandarin Chinese and English, and I can also speak Shanghainese Dialect :) . I'm aiming to learn Japanese as well, sometime in the future. That way, I will become Trilingual!!!

And yes, I think that learning many languages is important. Firstly, it somewhat stimulates the growth the the human brain. Secondly, it makes communication much easier. Thirdly, it makes travel much easier.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

mimia-chan

mimia-chan

High Hopes - Inspired Destiny

i speak cantonese english as well as a tiny bit of malay :)
languages are quite important when it comes to travel and seeing places or communicating to people who speak the same languages.

Signature
-this pretty signature and avatar made by kai81220

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I'm bilingual, though I'm concentrating on becoming trilingual and maybe mulitlingual in the years to come. I know enough Spanish to get by, I just want to learn German, Japanese, maybe French someday...I want to communicate with the world :)

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

i speak english and italian fluently and my french will get me by well. which makes spanish quite easy to learn. and im learning a tiny bit of japanese because its completely different to what im used to, its great!

apart from being fun (for most of us i think) learning languages is a really useful skill to have as some of its properties are pretty transferable. i know when applying for uni even for physics knowing languages always looks really good, whatever you do.
And it means we can comminicate to more people, share ideas, experiences etc

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

well. i find language very useful, since i believe it to be the center for all thought. and i really think it swell to speak with another that speaks a different language. i know english to the extent of mastery. i am at a level in chinese that i can read it very well, speaking it, not so well, and writing it, decent. along with studying chinese i am currently studying, japanese and german. i just hope that someday i'll understand them as well as i do english.

Signature

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

hmm well that approach might help to unify people but it would really take away from diversity etc. cause everyone would be speaking only one language.

Signature

language is very important to me
aside from english, i can speak about two languages with acceptable proficiency and can puzzle out latin with a hefty dictionary at hand :)

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

my main language is Chinese since i am born to chinese, in Malaysia however, my mother tongue will always be considered Malay, and it is needed and forced to be learnt.
However, I am better in English....(partly because of forums...)

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

My main language is English, but I am slowly learning German the hard way: since I'm stationed here, I better learn it to get what I want! :D

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

well, my mother language is french, but, in fact, i've been speaking english for approximatively 21 years now (and i'm 24) so, i think i can say i'm billingual, even if i can't say i know english as i know french, but the most important thing is to be able to speak to others, understand what others say and being understood ^^ i can speak german too, but i don't like it very much... ^^' and now i'd like to learn japanese, in order to be able to understand what is going on in the anime i like without reading the subs ^^

pawafaru hikaru kurofomuru !

darkbat321

darkbat321

darkbat321

i think that is good because actually you can even work on that like a traductor and there is no difficulty well by myself y like to speak more languaje, know i only have english and spanish but i will start to learn ajapanese

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Charmaynard

Charmaynard

The Best Part Of Waking Up

Well, i guess I'm quadrilingual, or however you want to say it. I speak Korean, Farsi, Spanish, and English. I plan to add Japanese and German to the list here in a year or two. I think learning foreign languages is extremely important. it gives you an outlook that you never had before.

Try The Lizard, You'll Love It.

i guess so, i'm trying to learn japanese and spanish as backup languages. so my opinion pretty much doesn't count... ;-( watever anyway, i'm viet. it's not really important to me though...he he he

Zyndarius

Zyndarius

Sage of the Five Paths

Well for me, learning another language is quite important, not only in the aspect of driving you well in themes that are in other languages, but better in the way that being able to learn one more language allows you to share your way of thinking with more people than usual, and also become more cult.

My motherlanguage is spanish, and I have a standard dominion in english and I do suck at german.

If it is posible i would like to learn japanese, italian, and latin. =)

"Every spilled tear, feeds the roots, of a tree which the heavens will reach."

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

I've been having a fun time learning Japanese, makes watching anime that much more fun. Though I have a long way to go still, but it's still fun to learn something new.

Signature Image

ysb2552

ysb2552

Neko mania

well.. i speak 4 languages
Korean (which is my native language)
English (you can see im speaking english here)
Phillipine native language called Tagalog (becuase im studying at phillipines)
and japanese... i just had to learn because i wanted to understand my games fully x_x

Signature

I can say i speak 2 language, english & spanish i can speak them very well, but am now trying to learn japanese is kinda hard cause in puerto rico we dont have much opp... to learn other languages, but i did learn english by my self so i hope that for this time next year i have learn atleast 1/4 of japanese cause am thinking of going there in 2008 with some friends. Arigatou for this post. sayonara. :)

A Warrior is what make a weapon legendary, not the other way around...

page 5 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 229 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.