Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 SPYWARE!! Please READ!! - Minitokyo

SPYWARE!! Please READ!!

page 1 of 1 5 total items

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

OK, heres the deal. My step-dad said that if he finds any kind of either spyware, nor viruses, he'll make me not enter this site ever again. This is the only site that I visit on the net. So PLEASE tell me!!! Is there any kind of spyare or viruses here on MT? So, is there?

Signature Image

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Do you run Firefox or IE? I recommend you ditch IE in a sense, and run Firefox only. Use Ad-Aware to get rid of whatever existing spyware is on your comp.

Remember that Spyware programs like to bury themselves deep within the surface and reappear when you do a certain action. It's called a cause-and-effect phase and its happens quite often. It's not the site that's the main problem here, but the computer with it as well. If you can take out the source of the Spyware, you in essence will take out Spyware itself.

lol - and just to let you know - even at the most friendlist sites, there will always be Spyware lurking around. They normally latch on to the most popular of places and attack at any hungry visitor passing nearby. Take care.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Jinpun

Jinpun

The one and only

Yea your best bet is getting Ad-Aware or Spy Sweeper or the like in order to get rid of nay Spyware on your computer. Because chances are, it has some on it...

Signature

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

Hmm, I don't believe MT has spyware or viruses, not to my knowledge anyway. Nuriko posted a thread about how MT doesn't have viruses, you can read it here Hope this helps to calm down your fears and if i'm right, you'll be MT for quite awhile, lol ^.~

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Quote by IyasisHmm, I don't believe MT has spyware or viruses, not to my knowledge
anyway. Nuriko posted a thread about how MT doesn't have viruses, you
can read it [url=http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/16163/] here
[/url] Hope this helps to calm down your fears and if i'm right, you'll
be MT for quite awhile, lol ^.~

that thread is definitely useful, and i'd also like to add that while Ad-Aware and Spy Sweeper are really helpful, i've been told today by a friend that we also need to be wary of them since they apparently also like to "eat" system files... just to tell you to be careful... god knows i'm not ^^

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.